Sponsored

Ecoboost AT "jerks" when shifting.

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So I already posted this in the "warranty issues" section but I thought I should post this here too.

I have a 2015 ecoboost mustang, Auto transmission with PP, when I shift from P>R , R>D or vice versa, I feel the car "jerking". I think the transmission needs a second or two for it to shift into the gears thus producing the "jerky" feeling I get when I put it in any gear. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also when the car takes off from a stand still, the throttle responds feels abit laggy.. Could it be cause at a stand still the RPM's are to low(500-700) and the car only takes off once the RPM's are at 1K+, or is this just normal for turbo engines?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yes! Exactly this. I was wondering if it was just my car. Whenever I shift into P>R or R>D I have to wait a few seconds for it to engage and it doesn't sound normal. Well, it doesn't really make a noise, it's more of a feeling. I'm not sure about P>D as I don't do that much or haven't paid attention. I really doubt it has anything to do with the engine, turbo or not. I really think this is something specific to the transmission or computer.

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
Make sure your foot is down on the break all the way when your shifting, if its not fully on the break it might feel like a slight jerk as it goes into gear without any resistance.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
My foot is always firm on the break when shifting.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Never drove the new auto, but this is pretty common on old C4, C6, FMX transmissions from 1st gen Mustangs. heh

Sponsored

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
NO jerky / lag shifting w. Eco AUTO TRANNY

Have owned my 2015 EcoBoost Premium w. 6 Spd AUTO TRANNY for more than 2 months /500 miles, and

NO issues- NO jerky shifting or lag in up or down shifts at all, and the Paddle Shifters work crisply and nicely.

BUT- mine is NOT a Performance Package.

This may be the issue.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
BUT- mine is NOT a Performance Package.
I wonder if that's it? Maybe something to do with tuning for the performance package and it's in the computer?

It would be nice to know if someone had this then got a tune, if that problem went away.

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I have an Auto PP Eco. tune or no tune I am not having those issues.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I only have that issue when I don't move the shifter back slowly. When I try to throw it into drive it jerks sometimes.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
There is a slight delay going from reverse to drive which id think is normal
No jerky business though. Auto pp I see no issues.

Sponsored

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I have a base EB auto and notice the same thing occasionally. It seems to happen more often when the engine is cool (in the morning, etc). It's not jarring, but I definitely notice it.

Shifts while driving seem as expected, mostly just P -> D shift.

OP
OP
TheNameAndy

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
so is this considered "normal" for a turbo engine, bet money I take it to a ford dealer and they going to say "this is normal" and not do a damm thing lol. I worked Valet in Las Vegas strip, and never felt a car jerk like this when putting it in drive or reverse.

What about, when you guys are at a stand still and hit the gas pedal, do you feel alittle lag taking off? (this isn't a problem when it's in sport mode)

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have the auto with PP and i am not experiencing any of these issues. It works perfectly and shifts smooth as butter in any gear. OP i would get your car checked out at the dealer.