Sponsored

EB software power upgrade ?

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Your telling me that these two things plugged in on a stock car will do 326RWHP? What the hell. So basically will do what a full bolt on kit tuned will do? Sounds too good to be true. Can you provide the before and after dyno graphs. Also can Adam chime in on this, haha I find it hard to believe this plug in play system makes as much power as a $3k p1.5 kit.
Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438306232.138326.jpg

Found one. They did a whole write up on it on stang TV. Base line dyno was 273rwhp. They put both the pedal max on it and boost max and got to 306rwhp. So 33rwhp gain. BUT, and there is a big but. The dyno graph looks terrible. The power is all over the place and it peaks the hp at 306 around 4k and then it actually DROPS below the stock level, ummm no thank you. For the two products they cost $600. A Cobb accessport with a real tune gets my vote. The power curve looks way better and I don't wanna be getting in the the throttle and have power fall off in the 4k range.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP

Found one. They did a whole write up on it on stang TV. Base line dyno was 273rwhp. They put both the pedal max on it and boost max and got to 306rwhp. So 33rwhp gain. BUT, and there is a big but. The dyno graph looks terrible. The power is all over the place and it peaks the hp at 306 around 4k and then it actually DROPS below the stock level, ummm no thank you. For the two products they cost $600. A Cobb accessport with a real tune gets my vote. The power curve looks way better and I don't wanna be getting in the the throttle and have power fall off in the 4k range.
LoL WTF is up with that graph....

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
What would be best if you only wanted improved throttle response on an auto (and maybe a but more torque) then?

Sponsored

Yoda ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Website
tindolford.com
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Everything ROUSH
The one we done was on a Stage 1, it has a few more than stock EcoBoost and it done 326. The reason I recommend this is due to it not affecting the warranty. But for $600.00 not bad. I will try to get the Dyno from ROUSH Yates on the Stage 1 car and see if it is the same.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
What would be best if you only wanted improved throttle response on an auto (and maybe a but more torque) then?

Personally, after looking at the write up on the "pedal max" which is suppose to improve throttle response I would rather go with a handheld tuner (even if your only goals are more throttle response and a little torque) which can adjust that and more. All the handheld tuners are $400-500 and just plug into the obd port. They all come with "off the shelf tunes" that are well within safe limits, which will increase torque, hp, and throttle response. Once you load the tune you can unplug the handheld tuner and keep it at home. Cobb accessport would be my go to. Lots of threads on here about it. They have on the fly map switching where you can use the control buttons on your steering wheel which you can switch from an aggressive tune, to an intermediate tune, to an eco Detune mode for more mpg at the press of the button. Plus if you ever add bolts ons you can have a tuner adjust the tune to your needs.

Yoda ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Website
tindolford.com
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Everything ROUSH

Found one. They did a whole write up on it on stang TV. Base line dyno was 273rwhp. They put both the pedal max on it and boost max and got to 306rwhp. So 33rwhp gain. BUT, and there is a big but. The dyno graph looks terrible. The power is all over the place and it peaks the hp at 306 around 4k and then it actually DROPS below the stock level, ummm no thank you. For the two products they cost $600. A Cobb accessport with a real tune gets my vote. The power curve looks way better and I don't wanna be getting in the the throttle and have power fall off in the 4k range.[/

The graph had this caption at bottom from Stang TV it got cut off in you pic

Power gains are even more prevalent when we overlay the JMS dyno graph and the stock graph. Look how much torque the engine is making as soon as we hit the pedal, and once boost peaks, it really climbs.

The End of the article from Stang TV read

"Final power numbers ended up at 306.7 hp and an impressive 370.3 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels. That’s a gain of 33.5 hp and 66.5 lb-ft of torque to the rear tires. Assuming a 12-percent power loss through the drivetrain our EcoBoost was making 343.5 hp at the crank and 414.7 lb-ft of torque. That’s better than current Mustang GT levels of torque at the crank, and equal to or better than a 4.6 3-valve 05-10 V8 with a few bolt-ons in terms of power at the wheels..

Suffice it to say, we can think of very little else we could do to our EcoBoost project car to gain this kind of power so quickly. On the street the new-found power, especially all that torque is immediately noticeable. At the top end of second and third gears, we noticed the ESC stopping wheel spin on the rear tires. The gobs of torque, and the responsiveness of the engine are incredible, and while the car was enjoyable before, its ability to induce a smile during a quick spin around the block is even better than ever."

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Sounds like something I would expect to see in a Honda civic

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
The 2.7 was never intended to be a top end car more of a light to light or track car. If you like top end I have a S550 ROUSH Stage 3, 5.0L with internal forged parts that has a 2.3L blower setting on top that will give you 670HP. With a Phase upgrade can get you close to 800HP, I have driven these cars also and was impressed, and once again would invite you to do so. FYI We do accept Honda's for trade if that interest you.
Car salesmen are very rarely 'car guys' from my experience, and some of your comments def support my position.

I'm not sure that coming to a forum and trying to inform or impress on performance is the wisest thing to do....

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Straight off the shelf map no mods bone stock from Cobb ($500).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438353377.986019.jpg

Vs. the above graph you just posted. At redline 6.5k Cobb is still pushing 280rwhp. Your graph above is with both pedal max and boost max ($600) dyno graph stops before reline, probably falls off even more, but at 6k it's only pushing 250rwhp. You're definitely gonna feel getting into the power and that drop off.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Does anyone get the "too soon Junior" feeling when looking at the PedalMax/Boost max graph? All go in the beginning, then dies off half way lol.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Just quoting the whole article not certain parts of it, if it is not for you don't buy it. For some it maybe the right choice, I don't sell them. I have drove cars with them installed and was impressed. I recommend that if you get the chance do the same rather than just pulling certain sections of an article you found on the internet and then making a decision. We all know that anything on the internet is an absolute fact, because it is on the internet right. The EcoBoost does really well on the track. I have seen this plug and play that does not void your warranty in the track events that I have participated in. I have seen the advantage it gives because of the quick response and torque that you get.
I'm not saying it doesn't do what it's designed to do, but it doesn't seem like a quality way to do it for the sake of engine longevity and smooth power delivery. And it does sound like your trying to sell it to us. I'd like to know more about the changes it's making in order to increase power and throttle response

Yoda ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Website
tindolford.com
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Everything ROUSH
I'm not saying it doesn't do what it's designed to do, but it doesn't seem like a quality way to do it for the sake of engine longevity and smooth power delivery. And it does sound like your trying to sell it to us. I'd like to know more about the changes it's making in order to increase power and throttle response
I can get the specs for you, no I don't sell them I have just seen them on some of our cars. I do believe in it so maybe it does come across like a sell, I am very passionate about these ROUSH cars and Mustangs in general so I don't have to try to sell it just comes natural. I could talk about them all day and never get tired of it. As I said before my ties causes me to drink a lot of the ROUSH Kool-Aid so I am biased in my opinion
Sponsored