Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Solo is far and away the best sounding exhaust for these cars!
Sponsored

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnaflow Street
Trying to decide between MF street and solo performance. Need thoughts on this from someone who heard both in person. I want something not too loud and no drone

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
I got the MF street mufflers installed and also got rid of the factory resonator but i get vibrations when i press on the gas is that normal ?

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Trying to decide between MF street and solo performance. Need thoughts on this from someone who heard both in person. I want something not too loud and no drone
Unfortuantely we can't speak for other brands, but our Street catback is drone-free and is just a step louder than the stock exhaust in normal driving conditions! If we can give you any more info on it, please let us know.

Sponsored

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
Unfortuantely we can't speak for other brands, but our Street catback is drone-free and is just a step louder than the stock exhaust in normal driving conditions! If we can give you any more info on it, please let us know.
I already installed the street but every time i accelerate i get vibration and loud sound inside the cabin however it goes away while cruising and on highway i could barely hear it at 2K RPM but sound comes back when i accelerate at 2k-4k rpm. This is my first time is this refereed as drone? I am thinking of putttin back the factory resonator

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I already installed the street but every time i accelerate i get vibration and loud sound inside the cabin however it goes away while cruising and on highway i could barely hear it at 2K RPM but sound comes back when i accelerate at 2k-4k rpm. This is my first time is this refereed as drone? I am thinking of putttin back the factory resonator

It's probably that stupid fake voice box crap that they installed in the ecoboost Mustangs. I think the mic is right above the headliner.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Just got my MBRP Race exhaust installed. I can now see why it's called "race exhaust." This ish is LOUD! I guess I'm used to diesel sounds, so take that with a grain of salt. It's VERY deep though too. At idle, I've never heard of something so deep on an I4, heck not even a V6. While it does sound good, a word of caution. It gets really loud at WOT.

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Pretty sold on the solo exhaust I hope they will have another sale soon

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
It's very hard to tell with laptop speakers and internet links, but the Magnaflow does seem to have the deepest - or among the deepest - sound. I've decided to go with Magnaflow, but now I have the decision between street, comp, or even just installing Magnaflow mufflers on my stock pipes.

I'm afraid the comp series might be to obnoxiously loud, but am equally afraid to drop over a thousand dollars on a street series that is barely louder than stock and hard to tell the difference. Does the street series have as low a tone as the comp series, and does it open up and sing louder when WOT? That's sort of what I am wishing for... a little louder with a lower tone at idle and cruise, no drone, but authoritative sound when on the gas pedal.

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
It's very hard to tell with laptop speakers and internet links, but the Magnaflow does seem to have the deepest - or among the deepest - sound. I've decided to go with Magnaflow, but now I have the decision between street, comp, or even just installing Magnaflow mufflers on my stock pipes.

I'm afraid the comp series might be to obnoxiously loud, but am equally afraid to drop over a thousand dollars on a street series that is barely louder than stock and hard to tell the difference. Does the street series have as low a tone as the comp series, and does it open up and sing louder when WOT? That's sort of what I am wishing for... a little louder with a lower tone at idle and cruise, no drone, but authoritative sound when on the gas pedal.
We think that our Street system would be what you are looking for! While it is is a more conservative catback, it's still a significant change from the stock volume. You may have seen this already, but American Muscle did a good comparison video that gives you a rough idea of the difference:

The way that we design our straight-through mufflers allows the sound to be very easy to control with your right foot. Under light throttle conditions such as idling and cruising, the volume is almost like stock, but the second you get on the gas, it reminds you its there! If you'd like to know a bit more about how we achieve this effect, check out this video of an interview with our senior manager.

If there are any other questions that we can answer, please feel free to shoot us a PM!

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Just got my MBRP Race exhaust installed. I can now see why it's called "race exhaust." This ish is LOUD! I guess I'm used to diesel sounds, so take that with a grain of salt. It's VERY deep though too. At idle, I've never heard of something so deep on an I4, heck not even a V6. While it does sound good, a word of caution. It gets really loud at WOT.
You're over exaggerating...
When I had the MBRP Race it was deep but not loud by ANY means unless you're WOT which will make any decent exhaust loud.

I'm catless now and it's still not that loud but it sounds good and I'm content. I have an intake as well.

I think the Magnaflow Comp would give me the volume I want with the smaller diameter piping but I'm not gonna switch now...

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Coming from my previous setup before I put the car back to stock (magnaflow street) I was happy with the sound but not happy with the loss in back pressure, every setup offered are almost all 3" free flowing systems which would basically be the same thing.

Personally my favorites right now would be solo performance and agency power however I'm leaning towards agency power as no one runs their exhaust for some reason and I love sound and the 2 1/2" piping to maintain some of that backpressure.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Personally my favorites right now would be solo performance and agency power however I'm leaning towards agency power as no one runs their exhaust for some reason and I love sound and the 2 1/2" piping to maintain some of that backpressure.
I might buy the AP one after the new year. I hate to do it with only one youtube video to go off of, especially with the super high price, but it seems like the best sounding one that isn't really deep (not deep means less vibes).

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I might buy the AP one after the new year. I hate to do it with only one youtube video to go off of, especially with the super high price, but it seems like the best sounding one that isn't really deep (not deep means less vibes).
They are based out of AZ and I've seen their work before on other cars definitely good value for the price compared to other systems, I sent them an email and plan to be purchasing soon so I'll definitely update on my side. :thumbsup:
Sponsored