EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
From listening to clips on YouTube, Armytrix has to be my favorite sounding system so far. Did a quick search on here and doesn't seem like they come up much.

Does the Armytrix exhaust have the "active controller" mounted in the rear mufflers or is it mounted somewhere else?
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Muffler Delete

[ame]
Here's the 2.25" muffler delete on my car. I've had it two weeks, and watching this video was the first time I've heard it from behind, and I like it!! Reminds me of the Roush axleback in a way.

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm doing an off-road down pipe and leaving the stock exhaust system,Not big on the fart gurgle sound,Actually I hope the car stays just as quiet as stock or close to it,Ive had to many loud cars in the past to make this one any louder then stock,Blue car def sound pretty good in the video.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Why do guys record exhaust sounds in a parking garage ? They sound nothing like that out on the road. Not knocking it. I just dont understand what the benefit is as the concrete just rebounds the sound and makes it much louder than it really is.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Judging the actual sound of a exhaust from a video is the #1 reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on one.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Judging the actual sound of a exhaust from a video is the #1 reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on one.
What kind of sound are you looking for ? I have the MBRP street and I really like it. Nice, deep and mellow with no drone. I know with the race and also magnaflow competition you get some drone

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
What kind of sound are you looking for ? I have the MBRP street and I really like it. Nice, deep and mellow with no drone. I know with the race and also magnaflow competition you get some drone
Whole lot of turbo whistle, a little more overall volume and NO drone, lol. I'm running cp-e's catted down pipe, so I'm looking for a cat back to complement the 3" down pipe.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
The solo performance video I watched looked like it had turbo whistle. Mine does a little but I still have the stock downpipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I prefer ultra quite that way I can listen to the engine through the fire wall and keep tabs on it,Id rather hear the motor making gobs of power rather then the exhaust,they look,feel,and sound like they are doing actual work rather then winging rpms through a gazoo pipe.Most people tend to over rev their motors when they are too loud causing huge drops in acceleration,If your dealing with a 9500 rpm short exhaust system buzzsaw Ford for the race track then thats a different ball game,but for the street it's engine grunt for me.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I haven't been convinced of any exhaust setup I've heard (in videos), I think the best sounding setup is just a muffler delete and even that doesn't sound that good.. Lol.

I did however come across this video and am warming up to the idea of doing something like it..

Muffler delete, and replace resonator with a mild magnaflow straight through muffler.. sounds kind of like stock but deeper, not all that loud, not annoying or raspy, I think it's the best solution I've seen so far.

[ame]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sounds good,The probably the best I've heard so far,wonder if removing the resonator and installing a bullet in its place would sound descent with the stock system,Basic 2.5 inch generic stainless bullet could be had for 20.00 bucks,And It wouldn't be a huge commitment,I like the fact the stock exhaust system sounds like an old grand national with mufflers,Kind of like a mini midget national lol

I did this to my 12 coyote,Replace the cheesy h-pipe with a pypes 3 Inch x-pipe,Left the stock head pipes and convertors in place,Then just deleted the resonators and went with 2.5 bullet resonators,Car sounded great,Wish I used the Ford motorsport replacement xpipe with the oem dia.I def felt a loss in tip in torque with the pypes xpipe,Id rather keep the torque lower then half to Wang the motor up higher just to feel a slight push in the ass.

What some people don't understand is the knock system in these cars are ultra sensitive,at least in the yotes they where,Its very easy to trip them with exhaust resonance,it may be getting louder as they rev,but the pcm is tearing timing out as fast as bad octane.Im sure tuners can get around this but at what cost,Turning knock sensitivity down(if possible?),sounds dangerous,or at least making tuning the vehicle more challenging.Ive seen bone stock coyote exhaust systems go to 675 rwhp before being considered as a restriction.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
I haven't been convinced of any exhaust setup I've heard (in videos), I think the best sounding setup is just a muffler delete and even that doesn't sound that good.. Lol.

I did however come across this video and am warming up to the idea of doing something like it..

Muffler delete, and replace resonator with a mild magnaflow straight through muffler.. sounds kind of like stock but deeper, not all that loud, not annoying or raspy, I think it's the best solution I've seen so far.

This guy hangs out on the EB forum. A few others have done same thing or similar. I am considering this if and when I can find a shop in central NY that can do it. :doh: