DORA = Allocation?

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
It doesn't guarantee anything. It will show up as "Unscheduled Material Hold" in the system. I had one that I tracked for months and then it blew up when the dealer's Ford rep went to release for production. Dealer did not have an allocation for an R.
^^^ This ^^^

I had a confirmed by FP order placed in February for a MY16 non-R and it wound up being cancelled. I now have an order, also confirmed by FP for a MY17 and have confirmation from our Area Rep that the dealer does have an allocation, but I'm not in the schedule yet, AFAIK. She did say that I would be in the in the next round of allocations that she pulled for scheduling, so I guess that's something.

BTW, the way I got the info on my Area Rep was through an email forwarded from my dealer; he didn't delete her part of the reply.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
^^^ This ^^^

I had a confirmed by FP order placed in February for a MY16 non-R and it wound up being cancelled. I now have an order, also confirmed by FP for a MY17 and have confirmation from our Area Rep that the dealer does have an allocation, but I'm not in the schedule yet, AFAIK. She did say that I would be in the in the next round of allocations that she pulled for scheduling, so I guess that's something.

BTW, the way I got the info on my Area Rep was through an email forwarded from my dealer; he didn't delete her part of the reply.
Why was your non R cancelled?

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Why was your non R cancelled?
My dealer only got one allocation for 2016 and had already sold it. Our Area Rep told them that they could place an order for another one and she thought she could get it ... turns out she couldn't. I got their allocation for their 2017 model, at MSRP :thumbsup:

Btw, they have no R allocation, only non R.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Here's the thing. Both the dealer AND the rep know EXACTLY what they have to allocate. I firmly believe that most of the people who were told that they found out there was no allocation when the rep went to "release" their order actually had their car sold to someone else or another dealer.

I was pretty much up my dealers b-hole from the beginning because of these concerns and I was told a few times that the local rep would release it eventually. In my case, it might not have been required, but you never know. My dealer was cool and finally asked pretty directly towards the end of production when my car would be built. The rep scheduled mine the next week, for one of the last days of 16 productions... Meanwhile, he released plenty of other Rs to every dealer in town.

So in the end - the rep has total control over this. It's hard to find who the local reps are and you could do more harm than good by contacting them directly...but my point is - if a rep sounds surprised or your dealer tells you that your rep was surprised you didn't get the car that was said to be allocated, something is shady.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My dealer only got one allocation for 2016 and had already sold it. Our Area Rep told them that they could place an order for another one and she thought she could get it ... turns out she couldn't. I got their allocation for their 2017 model, at MSRP :thumbsup:

Btw, they have no R allocation, only non R.
So my dealer might not even have a gt350 allocation?

Sponsored

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
So in the end - the rep has total control over this. It's hard to find who the local reps are and you could do more harm than good by contacting them directly.
Agreed ... although I have my reps email address I have NOT contacted her directly, all communication has been with my dealer.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm still waiting for my region to get a go from ford on my R allocation. None have been picked up from that region yet. My dealer and rep said id be first. I'll see about that

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Here's the thing. Both the dealer AND the rep know EXACTLY what they have to allocate. I firmly believe that most of the people who were told that they found out there was no allocation when the rep went to "release" their order actually had their car sold to someone else or another dealer.

I was pretty much up my dealers b-hole from the beginning because of these concerns and I was told a few times that the local rep would release it eventually. In my case, it might not have been required, but you never know. My dealer was cool and finally asked pretty directly towards the end of production when my car would be built. The rep scheduled mine the next week, for one of the last days of 16 productions... Meanwhile, he released plenty of other Rs to every dealer in town.

So in the end - the rep has total control over this. It's hard to find who the local reps are and you could do more harm than good by contacting them directly...but my point is - if a rep sounds surprised or your dealer tells you that your rep was surprised you didn't get the car that was said to be allocated, something is shady.
I love folks that cast aspersions on someone else's post based on nothing other than their opinion and NOT facts.
Feel free to post the facts on why you "firmly believe".
I'd also love to see some facts on:
"Meanwhile, he released plenty of other Rs to every dealer in town."
"plenty"?
"every dealer"?
What is your definition of plenty?
How many dealers are in your town?
Please supply names so we can fact check inventories/sales.

In my case this dealer did NOT have an R allocation. No R was ever sold, built, courtesy delivered or anything else you can think of through this dealership. They genuinely thought they could sell an R. Nothing shady other than the ignorance of the dealer.

I did talk to this dealer's Ford rep (after this order blew up) and he stated that this dealer did have a non R allocation and since this was the only order they had submitted he did not have any reason to check it before it came time to release. When he went to release for production is when he discovered it was for an R and killed it due to no R allocation. I have since talked to several other Ford dealer reps and they consistently state that any Ford dealer can enter an R order in the system and get a DORA, but until a rep signs off/checks it/releases it for production/confirms allocation then it is just "in the system" and not an actual confirmed R order.

I ended up acquiring my R through a Ford VIP Allocation and am very thankful for the folks that graciously helped out.
I have never publicly named the dealer involved (in the failed order) as in the end it was a "mistake". We all make them - it's how we correct them that matters!

It's not a giant conspiracy and sometimes you just have to deal with stupidity - even on this forum.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I love folks that cast aspersions on someone else's post based on nothing other than their opinion and NOT facts.
Feel free to post the facts on why you "firmly believe".
I'd also love to see some facts on:
"Meanwhile, he released plenty of other Rs to every dealer in town."
"plenty"?
"every dealer"?
What is your definition of plenty?
How many dealers are in your town?
Please supply names so we can fact check inventories/sales.

In my case this dealer did NOT have an R allocation. No R was ever sold, built, courtesy delivered or anything else you can think of through this dealership. They genuinely thought they could sell an R. Nothing shady other than the ignorance of the dealer.

I did talk to this dealer's Ford rep (after this order blew up) and he stated that this dealer did have a non R allocation and since this was the only order they had submitted he did not have any reason to check it before it came time to release. When he went to release for production is when he discovered it was for an R and killed it due to no R allocation. I have since talked to several other Ford dealer reps and they consistently state that any Ford dealer can enter an R order in the system and get a DORA, but until a rep signs off/checks it/releases it for production/confirms allocation then it is just "in the system" and not an actual confirmed R order.

I ended up acquiring my R through a Ford VIP Allocation and am very thankful for the folks that graciously helped out.
I have never publicly named the dealer involved (in the failed order) as in the end it was a "mistake". We all make them - it's how we correct them that matters!

It's not a giant conspiracy and sometimes you just have to deal with stupidity - even on this forum.
Relax. I did reference your post but it was partial generalization, an opinion and commentary based on what you, yourself just posted. You said that it blew up after the rep went to release it. I stand by my statement that the reps KNOW exactly what is available and that they control when those are released. If months after ordering, a rep goes to release an "R" and is surprised one doesn't exist....it doesn't add up.

Let me round up those specific numbers for you...lol. You're going to have to trust me without me going on a personal fact-finding mission for you, that plenty of other Rs were delivered locally while I waited. I'm not really sure what you're arguing about here? I said that the rep determines when the cars get released and that mine happened to be very late...It was a fact, not a question or opinion.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
"I said that the rep determines when the cars get released and that mine happened to be very late...It was a fact, not a question or opinion."

If paraphrased, taken out of context (like you just posted, but not in your original post) and that had been all you stated then I agree 100% and I would not have taken exception.
That is not what your original post stated!
Please continue with your witty banter, "Relax", and put downs as I'm sure it will divert attention for a few folks from your lack of candor.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Taken out of context or not - I didn't change my point of reference. That IS what my original post stated and it was based specifically on what YOU posted. Again - I read that your REP went to release the order and all hell broke loose. I don't know how many different ways I can say this...

You must be more intelligent than I, as I'm not sure what you just said and I don't even know what you're arguing about. I'm sorry if you felt that I put you down. You seemed to get excited and I'm still trying to figure out why.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Additionally - If anyone thinks this stuff isn't going on, they are out of their minds, bluntly. Every scenario is different, Shadow - so I'd never speak with 100% certainty here - but like I said, if the REP cant give a straight answer or is somehow surprised by some car that was supposed to be available but now, for whatever reason, is not - be suspicious. A dealer - I can understand a little confusion being that there are many salespeople, GMs and such...Like we've seen, most of them think all of their cars are R models! :)

This is a thread about what qualifies as a guaranteed allocation, right? As we've seen, it's hard to say for sure until there's a VIN and keys are in your hand...it shouldn't be that way but it is what it is.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
And I confirmed they did not have a R allocation. sigh. good news there rep said shed get the order in if they put it in the system today.. what ever that means.
Sponsored