Sponsored

DORA = Allocation?

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
A question to those more experienced with the Ford ordering process. I have a DORA document confirming my R order, does that then guarantee that the car is going to be built at some point or is there a chance that it could still be rejected?

Meaning, it would by like my first order where the dealer thought they could order a R but in reality they could only order a GT350.

I never got a DORA for my first order so I'm HOPING since Ford received and acknowledge the current order, it's actually going to be built. Per FP on my current order: This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I don't think that guarantees anything yet. I talked to FP yesterday and they have my R order in the system, but can't answer the question: "Does this dealer have an R allocation?"

FP said the dealer and the regional dealer rep needs to be able to tell you that. What day did you order it?

I'm just left having to trust my dealer that tells me they have the R allocation.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My understanding is not it doesn't guarantee anything. The only guarantee is your dealer calling there rep and getting confirmation they have a R allocation OR if a VIN is assigned.

Im in the same boat.

The system seems pretty dumb to me..

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
[MENTION=23759]CobraO[/MENTION] - ordered last month, why?
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] - You have your DORA paperwork for a R and has your dealer talked to your Ford Rep?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No, it doesn't mean it will be built. Getting a schedule and a VIN and you'll be that much closer to knowing it will be built.

If you call or email your dealer and ask them to confirm with their regional rep that they do in fact have an R allocation.

Some dealers think that just because they order an R that it will get built. The larger dealers have probably been down this road before. Its the smaller/medium size dealers is the ones you really need to question.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
A question to those more experienced with the Ford ordering process. I have a DORA document confirming my R order, does that then guarantee that the car is going to be built at some point or is there a chance that it could still be rejected?

Meaning, it would by like my first order where the dealer thought they could order a R but in reality they could only order a GT350.

I never got a DORA for my first order so I'm HOPING since Ford received and acknowledge the current order, it's actually going to be built. Per FP on my current order: This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action.

Thoughts?
It doesn't guarantee anything. It will show up as "Unscheduled Material Hold" in the system. I had one that I tracked for months and then it blew up when the dealer's Ford rep went to release for production. Dealer did not have an allocation for an R.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] - You have your DORA paperwork for a R and has your dealer talked to your Ford Rep?
My dealer is a Idiot, I have their system print out not a DORA but I know some one at ford and they see it in the system with the options I picked.

He may or may not be able to see if they have a R allocation but apparently per some Union rule he cant check this week.

I fully expect them to not have allocation and get a call in a month saying so.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hear you! Its too bad the customer has to do all the work to find out IF the dealer has a true allocation. I can tell you though, after calling so many dealers trying to find an actual allocation that wasn't sky high, you can tell it in their voice alone when they truly do have allocation. Anyone at that dealership can tell you exactly how many they had last year, and how many they are getting for 2017 without hesitation, cause everyone there knows and is glorified by it. LOL

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My dealer is a Idiot, I have their system print out not a DORA but I know some one at ford and they see it in the system with the options I picked.

He may or may not be able to see if they have a R allocation but apparently per some Union rule he cant check this week.

I fully expect them to not have allocation and get a call in a month saying so.

Talk to your dealer. Tell them you have heard a lot of horror stories of R allocations not panning out, ask to see the email from their local Ford rep confirming their allocation. If they cant/wont do it, raise an issue with Ford Service on here (Deysha) and see if she can figure out who the local rep is. Better to be proactive about it than sit and wait IMO

In the 2nd full year of production I cant see why this would still be happening

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Talk to your dealer. Tell them you have heard a lot of horror stories of R allocations not panning out, ask to see the email from their local Ford rep confirming their allocation. If they cant/wont do it, raise an issue with Ford Service on here (Deysha) and see if she can figure out who the local rep is. Better to be proactive about it than sit and wait IMO

In the 2nd full year of production I cant see why this would still be happening
I will next week im tired of talking to dealers I find it unpleasant most of the time.

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
If they cant/wont do it, raise an issue with Ford Service on here (Deysha) and see if she can figure out who the local rep is. Better to be proactive about it than sit and wait IMO
I find it unlikely FP would divulge the Ford Rep's contact info? at least that's been my experience dealing with other makes. Frankly, why Ford decided to make their ordering system ass-backwards is beyond me.

Having already had one R order fall through I'm trying to make sure my subsequent one is buttoned up but they don't make it easy and sadly the dealerships aren't equipped for this level of customer service.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Deysha isnt from FP, she is from Ford Service,. She might not be able to release it directly to the customer, but she might be able to do something else to help/

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Just wondering. I ordered 6/1 and have gotten no where so far, just know that Ford has my order and have been promised by the dealer that they have an allocation, 2 actually.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
When I asked to speak to the Ford rep to confirm the order it took a bit of persistence to finally speak to her. She seemed very irritated I had to confirm the order but she gave me verbal confirmation. I asked for it in writing in an email, she agreed but never sent it even after several messages. In the end it all worked out and I received my R. I wasn't too nervous because my original sales rep knew a lot about GT350's and the allocation process. They had 3 regular 350's as well.
One thing that should be changed is letting you know upfront what quarter it's scheduled to be built. I could never get that info from anyone. Would've saved FP from my weekly calls.
Sponsored