Sponsored

Door panel protective covers

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
When getting in and out of my GT350, I tend to hit the bottom of the door panel because of my long legs and also seating position, I have already started scuffing up the bottom of it as well as the rocker panel trimming.

Are there any protective covers out there in the market to keep from scuffing the trimming? I know I should be more careful but I don't want have to be a contortionist just to get out of my car without damaging the trimming lol.

PS: I wear boots all the time so its a bit more rough on the trimming.

Thanks guy!
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I have tried to make a habit of pushing the seat all the back to make it easier to get in and out of the car. I'm 6'1" and wear a 12 shoe. I agree, its a beast getting in and out without scuffing the door panels.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Especially if you have the track pack because the seat bolsters keep you in place with the high bolsters. I to slide the seat back when getting out. I thought about how hard it would be climbing over a roll cage

Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have tried to make a habit of pushing the seat all the back to make it easier to get in and out of the car. I'm 6'1" and wear a 12 shoe. I agree, its a beast getting in and out without scuffing the door panels.
You guys are not inspiring confidence. :( I'm also 6'1" with a size 12 shoe ... and two kids in the back seat.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
You guys are not inspiring confidence. :( I'm also 6'1" with a size 12 shoe ... and two kids in the back seat.
I suppose you could call the area behind the front seats "technically" the back seat, but.... Bro.... Have you looked at any Mustang lately? My youngest kids are 15 and 16. They will never fit back there (comfortably) with two adults in the front seat. :shrug:

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I suppose you could call the area behind the front seats "technically" the back seat, but.... Bro.... Have you looked at any Mustang lately? My youngest kids are 15 and 16. They will never fit back there (comfortably) with two adults in the front seat. :shrug:
My kids are 7 and 9, both weighing 60 lbs or less. ;) I test fit them in a GTPP and they had tons of room. Much more than in my 911s.

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
Im 6' and tested the back seat myself... yeah not working so well. My head touches the back window. Maybe someone under 5'8" would fit nicely but leg room is not realistic for the ppl in back. But who cares we didn't buy the car for back seats :) Although rear seats help on the price of insurance (In California at least)!

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
I am 5'6" and I can't imagine how tight of a fit it must be for bigger people. I think I am just about right. But you know you didn't buy it for just the comfort. Shoe horn yourself in and just smile.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
IMO don't use the magic eraser suggestion. I tried it on a small area and it started to change the finish. I was the OP in the thread mentioned and to date I have been moving the seat back and carefully getting in and out. However I'm only 5' 9" and therefore for taller folk this may not work well.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My kids are 7 and 9, both weighing 60 lbs or less. ;) I test fit them in a GTPP and they had tons of room. Much more than in my 911s.
Lol - a 911 is about the only thing you can compare it to.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I'm only 5'6" as well and getting in and out of this car is probably the most ungraceful thing I do on a daily basis. I find putting my right foot in first, then pivoting my butt in and down with one foot still on the ground, body facing the side window, THEN pull in the left foot as I turn toward the steering wheel. ALL so I don't scuff any of the delicate bits of my car. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra