Sponsored

Does your GT smell rich when warming it up?

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I've noticed when i start my car in the garage it kind of smells like it's running rich and stinks up the garage a little. It only does this when it's sat overnight and the engine is stone cold. Probably normal right?
Sponsored

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I've noticed when i start my car in the garage it kind of smells like it's running rich and stinks up the garage a little. It only does this when it's sat overnight and the engine is stone cold. Probably normal right?
I think Normal, part of Start-up trying to get the Cats Hot...

:thumbsup:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So I've noticed when i start my car in the garage it kind of smells like it's running rich and stinks up the garage a little.
That's because IT IS running rich, a purposely designed feature to get the engine warmed up quicker. Also, cold cats are highly inefficient...so it takes a little while before they warm up and actually do their job in cleaning up the exhaust fumes and other shit.

OP
OP

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks guys. Figured it was normal. Just been a while since I smelled anything besides my stinky diesel truck.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
also throws some extra fuel in there as the cold shiz doesn't burn very well

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
It always runs rich when cold plus the rpm stays above 1000 with touchy throttle response! Its like a hungry beast waking up and calming down when time goes by lol

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Try starting after its been sitting for a few months in minus degree temps... lol the whole garage was full of smoke for me last weekend.
Sponsored