Sponsored

Do you want Black Rims with your Performance Package?

Do you want High Glass Black Rims with your Performance Package

• Total voters

Stephen

Threads
Reaction score
Also, from the HotRod article thread:

attachment.jpg

Black? Really?

Again, I'll go with Gunmetal Grey.

Stephen
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Those are consistent with the order book picture, which is not the description in the 67E package. They don't look black.
It´s all one confusing mess with those EB PP wheels. The order guide says black, the picture in the order guide is silver, the wheels on all the demo cars and on all the press pictures are gunmetal and earlier in this topic there is a picture of a red car that was spotted with those same wheels in high gloss black.

:headbonk:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I like the design of the black wheels. I would prefer it if they were not glossy. Either way if they will hold big fat ultra high performance summer only tires I would enjoy. I'm likely going to wait for a Special Edition which will almost certainly have different wheels.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
This should be the PP alternative, same wheels,other color...:amen:

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
someone posted a photo of the race red (or comp orange) ecoboost with the 67E black rims not gun metal, I will try to find it, its in one of these threads. Its the only example I've seen.

These are definitely my favorite rim (in Gun Metal) but they also look decent in black. It's too bad you can only get on the ecoboost PP and not on the GT.

Here it is:

attachment.jpg

We need to remember these are all pre-production, so it might not be exactly what we see in the end. The brochure is probably the most accurate to the end result. Could be a typo but we'll see.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
As if black wasn't bad enough, some rocket surgeon thought gloss black was a good idea. :crazy:

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
As if black wasn't bad enough, some rocket surgeon thought gloss black was a good idea. :crazy:
Whats up with that, I've seen a few criticizing gloss black. Is it trying to keep it clean? I think flat black looks even worse than gloss black in terms of aesthetic appeal.

jrm

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I think this is a huge mistake on Fords part. Why cant I order a GT 5.0 with the PP and the 20" bright machined aluminum that you see on most of the GT and EB photos? For my money I think those are the best looking wheels and yes I would pay extra for the rear wheel to be at 9.5 or 10.0 for that matter.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I think this is a huge mistake on Fords part. Why cant I order a GT 5.0 with the PP and the 20" bright machined aluminum that you see on most of the GT and EB photos?
Probably because the dimensions are completely different than what the package was really engineered for. You can be sure that the suspension is tuned for these 19" wheels to some degree. I'm sure they want the performance characteristics of this package to be consistent from the factory.

I don't expect Ford to give us all kinds of different alternatives in size for this package, as I think it introduces too many variables. But they at least need to give us a choice of finish... something other than black! Again, silver or gunmetal would be my choices...

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
But they at least need to give us a choice of finish... something other than black! Again, silver or gunmetal would be my choices...
+1

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
This should be the PP alternative, same wheels,other color...:amen:

Gross. :barf:

Would those chrome wheels also come with a membership to AARP some Viagara and one of those Hawaiian shirts?

Look some people hate the black ones some hate chrome. Whatever floats your boat.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Gross. :barf:

Would those chrome wheels also come with a membership to AARP some Viagara and one of those Hawaiian shirts?

Look some people hate the black ones some hate chrome. Whatever floats your boat.

That's funny, around here Chrome wheels are Ghetto, not Grandpa ;)

The black-only wheel thing on the GT is making me care less about PP and go with some aftermarket solutions. Ford's loss I guess.
Sponsored