Sponsored

Do the HID headlamps turn in curves?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My mom has a q56 or q something infinity that has the feature. One of them got stuck last winter and they had to order a whole new assembly. They don't turn very much either its hard to notice unless you are looking for it.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Turning headlamps is dumb but my parent's Explorer has auto highbeams that turn off when you make a turn or it senses a car coming and I can definitely see those being helpful because our lights are incredibly bright. Every now and then I'll forget to turn off the high beams after driving in the woods

DanenGraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT prem auto
My 15 FoST st3 had them. I thought they worked great, you could really see them light up the road around turns. Its a nice feature, but its not really needed.

As far as I know, no mustang has them. Even the 16s

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
My 15 FoST st3 had them. I thought they worked great, you could really see them light up the road around turns. Its a nice feature, but its not really needed.

As far as I know, no mustang has them. Even the 16s
This - there's plenty of compact and much cheaper cars that has this and it is nice feature. Saying it's only luxury is little incorrect. Maybe 10 years it was true...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I miss this feature from the BMW 3 series (F30). It worked really well!

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Everyone replying in this thread is wrong. Our headlights DO point through corners, but this is a little known feature. To take advantage of this feature, you need to be executing a turn with sufficient rear wheelspin and yaw to reorient the headlights. Doing so will cause the headlight point-of-aim to swivel and give you superior view through the apex.
Potentially the best reply to any car post. Ever. Thank you sir, you have made many a day! :cheers:

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
I think they call these articulated head lights. No need for them if you read the previous post by cbrokre mentioning brandonsmash.

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Mines don't have them, doesn't make a difference to me toronto is just straight roads anyways.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nope, I thought the Infiniti Q45 back in the early 2000's were the first to have that feature.
Nope the 1948 Tucker had a center mounted headlight that turned with the steering wheels. This has been around for a long time.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
My 05 Acura has this. I really like it, but it's not really needed, and not expected at the price point. Although at the price some of you are paying for loaded GT's, would be nice. But it's something else to break. Hasn't broken on my 05 Acura, but we all know Acura and Ford aint the same. I'm more concerned with losing the stereo when I sell my Acura, even the premium model won't satisfy me I'm sure. You can't have your cake and eat it too when you're on a budget. I think Ford put together a nice package for what you pay.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JessV

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Turning headlamps is dumb but my parent's Explorer has auto highbeams that turn off when you make a turn or it senses a car coming and I can definitely see those being helpful because our lights are incredibly bright. Every now and then I'll forget to turn off the high beams after driving in the woods
Agree. We have this twisty wooden road (with no barricades) along the lagoon that stretches about 35 miles here in FL and boy, what an experience it is to drive the Mustang on. Those high beams are something else too. It amazes me how fast the high beams appear on the highway way ahead or how quick they are to dim back to the low beams. I have had a lot of people flash their lights at me even when I was driving with the low beams on, so they are pretty bright. Automatic dynamic beam adjustment would just sound too cool on the Stang. :D

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
My $40K Lexus had them and my $45K Mustang does not. Lexus must have designed them pretty conservative because I never really noticed much of a difference.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
My turning headlamps are only useful at low speeds in dark areas, which I have a lot of on the way home from work. Driving down the road they don't turn enough to notice, not would be be useful to. It's not something to miss. On cars like Acura and Lexus, it's so different, the cars use a lot more tech for a different driving experience than a Mustang. It's not better, just different. But it is better for a relaxing drive and still having some power and handling. I just can't afford another young enough Acura to satisfy what I am used to on my 05, and that's why I am looking at the Mustang.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
It ain't some fuckin' eurowuss luxury car.
Hey Kevin, I hate to break it to you, but that's actually Fords goal. Study the history of the Mustang. In 1963 Ford looked to the European designs before putting pencil to paper. Ferrari was a big influence to the front end of the '65 Mustang. When the S550 was being developed, Ford went back to Europe for design ideas.
It's all out there on the interwebs.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This may be one of the dumbest questions asked at least top 10
Sponsored