Do the HID headlamps turn in curves?

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Hey guys! I was talking to a '14 Mustang owner earlier about our rides as we pulled up next to each other at a gas station. He noted the headlamps were similar to his and how they "turn in the curves at night when you are driving."

This is not the first time I have heard someone mention some vehicles HID headlamps turning in the curves, also known as dynamic or adaptive headlamps?

My question is: Do the 2015 Mustang's HID lamps turn as you maneuver in curves? I tried seeing myself as I drove earlier on a twisty road and they still looked focused on the middle, not moving. I even pulled it up close to a garage and turned the steering wheel and still no sight of movement. I guess you can say curiosity is striking me at the moment.

Thank you, 'Stangsters!
Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Hey guys! I was talking to a '14 Mustang owner earlier about our rides as we pulled up next to each other at a gas station. He noted the headlamps were similar to his and how they "turn in the curves at night when you are driving."

This is not the first time I have heard someone mention some vehicles HID headlamps turning in the curves, also known as dynamic or adaptive headlamps?

My question is: Do the 2015 Mustang's HID lamps turn as you maneuver in curves? I tried seeing myself as I drove earlier on a twisty road and they still looked focused on the middle, not moving. I even pulled it up close to a garage and turned the steering wheel and still no sight of movement. I guess you can say curiosity is striking me at the moment.

Thank you, 'Stangsters!
He lied to you about his headlights

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
Yeah, they don't. I had an '08 M3 with this feature, and it was indeed cool, but you pay for it. I like the driving dynamics of Mustang GT's with the Coyote much better than the M3, though!

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I remember when Lexus debuted that on their RX SUV. Thought it was pretty cool.

But nope, ours do not.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Everyone replying in this thread is wrong. Our headlights DO point through corners, but this is a little known feature. To take advantage of this feature, you need to be executing a turn with sufficient rear wheelspin and yaw to reorient the headlights. Doing so will cause the headlight point-of-aim to swivel and give you superior view through the apex.

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
Everyone replying in this thread is wrong. Our headlights DO point through corners, but this is a little known feature. To take advantage of this feature, you need to be executing a turn with sufficient rear wheelspin and yaw to reorient the headlights. Doing so will cause the headlight point-of-aim to swivel and give you superior view through the apex.
LOL. (My laugh just startled my dog!)

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
Oversteer lighting, I like it. Norwegian rally driver's are great at this.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah, they don't. I had an '08 M3 with this feature, and it was indeed cool, but you pay for it. I like the driving dynamics of Mustang GT's with the Coyote much better than the M3, though!
My dad has a 2011 M3 (Comp. package) and I get a similar driving feel in the 2015+ Mustang

I love the E92 M3, just wish it had a bit more tq.

Nick C.

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
It ain't some fuckin' eurowuss luxury car.
What an original and well articulated thought. Your contribution to the content of this thread will be tough to top.

That being said....

I think Ford managed to maintain their scope for Mustang while making this car. There is a lot of thought that went into it and it's always easy to say "add more" but at some point you have to be able to stop and step away and be happy with the result.

It'll be interesting to see how the vehicle develops over the next few years after playing on streets across the world. Maybe in future incarnations they can add more safety features like cornering headlights. :headbang:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
We had this in our X5 (4.4i), and it was good at very slow speeds driving through the neighborhood (making 90Âş turns), but at a little more speed on twisting roads I found it a bit disconcerting, like you were turning more/less than the steering input.

T8stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black 401A
Nope, I thought the Infiniti Q45 back in the early 2000's were the first to have that feature.
Sponsored