Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm ready for ya, just say when.

After the raping I gave to a Paxton 2200 yesterday I don't understand why everyone is all over their jock. And yes I have video of it, yes he has a dyno slip showing 680whp ;) if this forum was friendly to a mexico pull I'd post. Otherwise DM and I'll text it. Yes it was a prison raping and no there was no miss shift or vaseline.....
And I gapped the f out of a hellcat. What's your point? :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
While I am checking out the intercooler piping and such to see if I have any leaks I am going to compression test each cylinder to see if I am running strong (feels strong)...It just feels wrong where we both dyno'd same day minutes apart and got those results...it is something in our setups IMO.
Our only common factor is we're both Lund tuned. Theres also a thread right now regarding flat spots in the upper RPM band that were removed with a new UIM, but who knows. Im going to start working on my stuff soon within the next few days to start seeing whats going on.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Here are two more full datalogs for those wanting to look around some more. This is after my IMRC delete install.

Attachments

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Are y'all logging boost? Sorry if that's been covered but if fueling is good and it's adding timing you make power. Has to be a boost type issue. Whether it be a leak or something else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Are y'all logging boost? Sorry if that's been covered but if fueling is good and it's adding timing you make power. Has to be a boost type issue. Whether it be a leak or something else.
Afaik i don't think you can log boost on a GT. Didn't think there was a PID for that. I've been monitoring it via a mechanical gauge

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
You can with Lunds boost box but by log I meant mechanical or any means really. It would help to check post intercooler or as close to the tb as possible to single out leaks. Also belt tension can overload the compressor and make it less efficient. I know it feels like chasing a wild goose but you have a beautiful car and I wouldn't give up just yet.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Have you logged boost on the dyno? That should be a must and will tell you for sure if there is belt slip or boost leak problem.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Afaik i don't think you can log boost on a GT. Didn't think there was a PID for that. I've been monitoring it via a mechanical gauge
ProCharger Tech should be in this forum to help you out. But if your set with a new setup Cant go wrong with Paxton/VMP or might even consider Whipple :D

Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
CHECK YOUR IMPELLAR DIRECTION! I was also one of the first HO kits back when they had first came out early 15'. I had an issue I could not figure out. After about 6-8 months of troubleshooting, I ended up taking a picture of the blower impeller and the PC tech came in and told me it was spinning the wrong way. Older year coyotes the blower would be the opposite way so I'm thinking they may have just made a mistake. My cars power was way down and only put down 488whp on a dynojet. I was livid when then this happen because the tech's at PC would tell me check install and it must be install error. PC had the blower overnighted, fixed, and back to me same day. With the impellar going the correct way and no changes made at all the car put down 550/440. You could definetly feel the difference.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
CHECK YOUR IMPELLAR DIRECTION! I was also one of the first HO kits back when they had first came out early 15'. I had an issue I could not figure out. After about 6-8 months of troubleshooting, I ended up taking a picture of the blower impeller and the PC tech came in and told me it was spinning the wrong way. Older year coyotes the blower would be the opposite way so I'm thinking they may have just made a mistake. My cars power was way down and only put down 488whp on a dynojet. I was livid when then this happen because the tech's at PC would tell me check install and it must be install error. PC had the blower overnighted, fixed, and back to me same day. With the impellar going the correct way and no changes made at all the car put down 550/440. You could definetly feel the difference.
Holy shit I'll be checking that for sure

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yikes. That's a big booboo.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mak performance will do a head unit exchange from what you got and the new p1x and or d1x. These head units are high rpm no flat spot head units that make alot more power then what you have now. Of course you will have to come out of pocket a little but these head units are superior to the current stuff!
Sponsored