dirty inside back glass

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks, I'll give that cleaner a try and I will definitely add that tool to my detail kit!
Sponsored

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
I use this glass cleaner as well. I also have one of those triangle shaped pads thats attached to a handle. It really helps reaching all of those hard to reach corners in the back and front glass. I first use the cleaner to cut through the haze, greasy oil that comes from the interior plastics out gassing from heat. Then I go over it with a micro fiber draped over the top of the pad to polish the glass, if you will.
So is that was causes it? :doh: We've had highs well over 100 for the last couple of weeks and it's greased up really fast.

("Evergreen State" my ass...)

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Its definitely from the new car plastics, eventually it stops.

scottdb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium RR,43S,67G,975,RR,77R,94N
I use windshield washer solvent (nothing fancy , just something cheep ) and a clean micro fiber towel ( do not dry your micro towels with a dryer sheet in the dryer ). This has worked great for me for years .I've tried lots of cleaners and I can say this works the best .

Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I use windshield washer solvent (nothing fancy , just something cheep ) and a clean micro fiber towel ( do not dry your micro towels with a dryer sheet in the dryer ). This has worked great for me for years .I've tried lots of cleaners and I can say this works the best .
Thats a great idea... fully concentrated?

scottdb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium RR,43S,67G,975,RR,77R,94N
Yes , right out bottle. Just put it in a spray bottle. I use to clean the windows in our condo ,inside and out.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I have been using this for awhile. I didn't know they had a kit though, probably would have been cheaper. The back windshield always seems dirty it is a battle that can not be won.
My rear widow always gets a film of scum on it after about 2-Weeks in between cleanings-->:shrug:<--I rarely drive with windows open, unless, I wanna hear the roar from the exhaust!!

Wish someone made a wand out of metal, the plastic doesn't have enough strength to really give it the business. Have to go back & forth a few extra times to get it clean and prevent breaking the wand. Still better than trying to get a rag & fingers into the bottom edges-->:thumbsup:

Sponsored

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I have been using this for awhile. I didn't know they had a kit though, probably would have been cheaper. The back windshield always seems dirty it is a battle that can not be won.
I have tried all kinds of products and various wands.Crawling around back there is no fun in itself.None of my efforts produced a clean rear window. It looks clean when I finish but when I go somewhere it looks like shit.
My last attempt was using a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. It has actually worked better than any of my previous efforts. My next thing to try is going to be water with ammonia and a sponge.
Some of my efforts were so bad that I was embarrassed.
Good luck.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The hazing on interior windows is caused by the degassing of the interior plastics/rubbers. Very common issue with newer vehicles. The hotter the interior the worse the degas gets and all windows will get a film over them.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just a thought,
It could the all the gasses leaching from the new plastics, carpet, seat foam and leather material’s used in the manufacturing processes . Cleaning the rear is a total pain @ 6’2” 240, damn near need to be a contortionist :D

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible