Sponsored

Did the looks grow on you or was it love at first sight?

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
When pics were released online I thought it looked OK but I didn't love it. In January last year at the Houston Auto Show I saw one in person for the first time and I knew then I'd be getting one. I saw a black one at a local dealer and drove it (the one at the Auto Show was DIB) and that sealed the deal. Ended up having to travel to a dealer 450 miles away to get the one I wanted, but it was worth it. I hadn't had a Mustang in a while but the styling of the S550 brought me back.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Interior looks was love at first sight. Exterior... it was tough. It grew on me, but even now I sometimes look at the '13s and '14s with some envy. At first I liked the 13/14 exterior better, but now... I look at them as about even.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
At first glance on the internet it was not looking extreme enough for me.

Still not seen one in the metal but they have grown a lot on me. Looking forward to see them in the UK and seriously considering one.

Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Love at first sight. But this is no short term infatuation. The attraction is increasing

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
I was set on getting a 2010 or 11 Corvette GrandSport but once I saw the 2015 Mustang and the improved Interior I was sold. I forgot all about the Vette. Actually I originally was thinking of getting a 2013 Stang but rented a vette in Fla and liked the performance, but not the interior. I couldn't afford a new Vette.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
When I saw a picture of it for the 1st time.
Placed my order before ever seeing or sitting in it in person.
Was so excited when it arrived I never even test drove it.
7 months in and I still get excited every time I open the garage door.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I wasn't fond of the looks at all when I first seen the magazine photos. Once I seen the car in person my perspective quick changed. Once I drove one I loved them!:love:

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
The front is the best view but the whole car just 'works' for me

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
It was love at first site in April of last year...I didn't have the balls to order without a test drive so I talked with my local dealer and asked to be the first person to be contacted when available. Surprisingly they honored my request...

My goal was to test drive and order a Black GT with PP...The comp orange looked so damn good with the black wheels and 50th trim I purchased the first dealer order car on the lot on October 16th. For a few weeks I was the first 15 on the block...I count over a half dozen every day now.

I love my car more and more each day. No regrets except for maybe holding out for the LE. I love the rear quarter glass.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have followed high tech racing all my life. So I tend to like Euro sports cars more than American muscle cars. Euro cars do not have stagger, or rake, and that is how I like it. The highest performance sports car has as little rear overhang as possible (an indication of cornering speed), and that is why I love the new Mustang. It is as though the car tapers off behind the rear wheels, like it is ready for the Mulsanne straight. It is lower to the ground there, and I think that is why so many of us like the rear.

The 2005-2014 Mustangs always turned my head. I don’t care for the other generations as much. With this as my prior reference the new 2015 headlights were the hardest thing to get used to. And yes, I get the comparison to Fusion with the curved in hood. So it is the front headlights that I did not love at first sight, but it eventually grew on me hard. They work with the aerodynamic curved in hood. I really like the front from head-on, though, i.e. the grille area.

I had to look up the Aston Martin to see why so many compare the Mustang to it, and I surely see the resemblance. The body sides, hood, and roof line are very similar.

I ordered the yellow car. It was tough for me to decide among the brighter colors – race red, blue, yellow, even orange. Ultimately I realized that the yellow had the most contrast with anything else black on the car. In fact, it is the slimmest (and lightest) looking of all the colors, because the lower black plastic skirt does not appear to add “bulk” to the body.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
My wife and I fell in love at first sight at the same time.... with the 2015 that is. We see more expensive cars all the time (like BMWs, etc), but without much emotion. When you're a senior citizen, this kind of excitement is very much welcomed and hard to find. We both get a re-charge every time we open the garage. The emotion coupled with the excellent driveability/comfort make for an orgasmic experience every time. (The engine choice does not change this feeling).

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Love at first sight
Very Aston Martin
then as you take in the car
You see all the mustang style queues and it stands as a mustang alone
Pictures can not capture the real presence of this car in person
To me the front end, the side window profile all look very Aston Martin like. The tail lights ----vertical as they are, look like the classical Aston of the sixties. I think the current Mustang is more graceful, more sporty, than the very recent Astons (DB 10, et al)
Sponsored