Sponsored

Delish Mustangs at Seattle Car Show (+ Hideous Camaro) w Pics

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Typical GM Camaro, thing looks like a box. This Mustang is the first Amercian car I have owned in 25 years for a reason... its *SLEEK*, aerodynamic and sporty... like a styled sports car. The days of the box with wheels died in the early 80's, I don't get why people are so stuck on it. Oddly enough, since the C5 Chevy has "gotten" this with the Vette... but thats it... in its entire line up.
Sponsored

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
I actually like the new Camaro. Looks pretty good IMO, but the rims on that one are hideous. That and the huge tires and gap. Other than that, its a pretty good looking car. Definitely a worthy competitor to the Mustang. GM really stepped up their game in the last few years. The new Camaro is much more expensive than the Mustang though. That's something to keep in mind. I do love that a heated steering wheel and HUD are options though.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Visited the Seattle Car Show with a buddy. Buddy and I really enjoyed the show and were taken in with the menacing GT350 (photo attached) and AMG-GT (no photo, sorry, but what a modern take on a classic coupe look). Corvette Z06 also looked wicked, in an origami-functional-aero kind of way.

There was also the new Camaro there, NOT an SS but what seems to be a base model. It was totally disappointing, I had high hopes for that car. The car just looked really ordinary, oddly proportioned and had a hideous toilet seat like hood. The side is way too slab-like and there was a hot wheels like look about it. That said, I'm sure a properly trimmed version will look much better.

My buddy, who liked the C5 Camaro more than the S197 Mustangs, was absolutely all over the all black GT-PP and the Shelby and said the Camaro was a let down for him as well.

Sidebar, there was a CTS-V in black and ATS-V in white. Both cars looked great and I think GM has come a long way, but whats with the price (they are asking a ridiculous amount of money for the ATS-V esp) and the tiny wheels/tires for the size of the car? I'm not saying folks should all roll 20 inch rims, but the wheels and low sidewall tires just looked really odd in those cars. I also wish the rear deck was not as tall. That said, the CTS-V was one of my fave cars there.

So what did I covet by the time I left...
GT 350 and AMG GT (tie) > Mustang GT PP and CTS-V (tie) > Z06> ATS-V > M3 > M4 (in my humble list!)

Another GREAT exhibit was the Lincoln Continental Concept. Lincoln should just STFU and make that thing ASAP, without watering it down.
While I do like the 350, go with the AMG, friend has one, phenomenal car!

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
While I do like the 350, go with the AMG, friend has one, phenomenal car!
Haha, the days of me owning a 6 figure car are gone...other priorities mate!

Sponsored

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
that Lincoln looks sick!!

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Haha, the days of me owning a 6 figure car are gone...other priorities mate!
I hear you. Never thought I'd say this but for 140K the AMG is a steal. So if you win the lottery?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The GT350 and Z06 look awesome.

That new Lincoln looks FREAKING AMAZING. Has a Bentley style.

That Camaro is HIDEOUS. The base model S550 looks 10000000 times better vs. that base car.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Looking at that car tells me I need to mod my Mustang just a bit to make up the 15 or so horsepower Chevy claims they have gained on us. I could not imagine having to trail behind that hideous rear end on that thing! Holy shit those tail lights are ugly. Kind of reminds of Clark Griswolds Wagon Queen Family Truckster.
Don't worry Ford and GM worked together on these new designs. Since you'll only see the back of a mustang they made it look really good but since no one sees the back end of camaros, GM just slapped it together

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I hear you. Never thought I'd say this but for 140K the AMG is a steal. So if you win the lottery?
My dream garage is a incomplete by one car - Focus RS.
I could get one without breaking a sweat but have better uses for the money.
If I had unlimited money, probably would replace the GT with the 350R (yes, its not that expensive, but I dont absolutely need to have it). Don't see it happening though as the GT is so damn good and a few mods away from perfect. Other than that my car itch is satiated (for now).

Enjoying ogling at the AMG GT though...! Not really into owning cars with two seats personally.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The SS camaro looks leaps and bounds better than the base model. The new lt1 is no joke and if gm tradition continues, the engine will be underrated. However, as much as I like the camaro, I can't see out of it. And that's a big minus to it.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You guys think that Lincoln looks good? It looks like a Chrysler 300 all over again.

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
:lol::lol::lol::lol::cheers::cheers:that CRAPMARO looks awful.hey lets use it for what it is.lift up the toilet bowl lid,then you CRAP in it.its a shit car.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Seriously not trying to sound like a blind fanboy as I actually didn't mind some of the pictures GM released. But if this is what it looks like, it looks god awful. Everything is completely plain about the car minus the quad exhaust and LED DRLs. The toiler bowl hood as others pointed out is hideous as well. Visibility I assume is going to be awful and barely looks different than the 5th Gen.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
You guys think that Lincoln looks good? It looks like a Chrysler 300 all over again.
It did in person. It has the Chrysler 300 and Bentley proportions, but lower, sleeker and more classy.

Seriously not trying to sound like a blind fanboy as I actually didn't mind some of the pictures GM released. But if this is what it looks like, it looks god awful. Everything is completely plain about the car minus the quad exhaust and LED DRLs. The toiler bowl hood as others pointed out is hideous as well. Visibility I assume is going to be awful and barely looks different than the 5th Gen.
You are right, it probably WASNT a base model, it did have a quad exhaust!!!! OMG.

The LED DRLs you mention looks tacked on surrounded by black plastic, nowhere near the clean integration in the Mustangs headlights.
Sponsored