Sponsored

Decide my fate: Ford Racing by Borla Touring vs Sport Catback Exhaust

Which catback exhaust system would you choose?

• Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Ford Racing by Borla Sport Catback

Votes: 44 33.6%
  • Other -- you can do better.

Votes: 40 30.5%

• Total voters

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
didnt take long for the corsa fanboys to show up!

all the borlas don't drone either, im running full 3" s-types they sound perfect to me but all sound is subjective..you living in cali you should prob find one of the quieter setups, the FRPP touring is a good choice
Borla is a solid exhaust. Bit more raspy for my taste, but they can sound sick. They're quality for sure. And yep am fanboy but I've never had a droning or bad sounding Corsa so I have to give em my vote since they've made me happy car after car year after year :).

And then of course there's this good comparo:
Man that Corsa is just pure sex in the flyby. I always wish i could routinely hear my own cars drive by on all the Corsas I've had.
Sponsored

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
I've got the FRPP Sport cat-back by Borla and my girlfriend dislikes it during freeway driving. It doesn't have a irritating drone, its just loud and can be heard when cursing at 2.5k-3k

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
It really comes down to the kind of tone you like. For me thats a deeper tone with less raspy notes. I found the magnaflow competition axlebacks do this best. I have a reso delete H pipe going in next to fill that tone out even more like in this video.

[ame]

BustedKnuckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I have the FRPP Touring and couldn't be happier. Nice tone during normal driving and no drone. Like others have said it can get loud under a load. You definitely have to pick your spots when making a pull.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I've watched wayyyy too many YT clips and done so much research :lol:. I've also made the mistake on this car of trying to save a few bucks and being disappointed. Yes, the higher end offerings are expensive, but for good reason. I spent approx $600 on my first catback setup and through the magic of luck, grabbed a Corsa Sport axleback for $500 (normally >$900) and paired it with the factory resonator. It's a fantastic sound. The FRPP offerings are too, as is the Borla S-type (a little bit louder than FRPP though).
I got mine for 300 used! :cheers:

As much as I want the low RPM's (under 3k) to bit just a touch louder, it would increase the volume at higher RPM's to a level that, IMO, is not acceptable. Unlike a lot of opinions out there (as well as mine before I actually started researching), these are not raspy at all. Of course, at redline with no load they do have a bit of rasp and they absolutely screeeeam. At like 5-6k RPM with load, there's no real rasp and the sound is "baritone" as you said (a tad bassier than your Corsa, I believe).

Everyone wants a loud one, but when I saw those two Corsa Extremes next to my car, I'm like hell no! They really do scream 24/7.

If I ever had the chance to get another set for cheap, I might "upgrade" to the S-type...and that's a wee bit above my comfort level.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
One thing that is possibly being over looked here is what your future plans for the car are. If you have plans for doing headers down the road, I would do the Touring set up. I currently have the Sport and LOVE it. There is NO drone, can be VERY aggressive when on the gas, but when simply cruising you can moderate the tone with the gas pedal. And for highway cruising, at typical 2k rpm, very quiet. There are times now where I wish my Sport had just a tad more volume (the interior of these cars are sound-proofed rather well).

As for my future header plans, I'm leaning towards some Vibrant 12" resonators to deepen the tone, remove a little rasp from the upper rpm limits, and hopefully bring the sound level down a little.

As for drawing unwanted attention from law enforcement, both the Touring and the Sport can get you in trouble if you don't exercise some common sense.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
go for the Borla touring, but not the FRPP by Borla touring.

The mufflers for the Borla Touring are S-Type mufflers, but the resonator attenuates less than the stock resonator.

S-Types with the stock resonator were too quiet for my taste and they are loud and raunchy when the engine is cold.

I could hear what I wanted way, WAY down in the pipes so I deleted the resonator with an H-Pipe. That is probably too loud for you... so the milder resonator of the Borla Touring should work nicely.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It really comes down to the kind of tone you like. For me thats a deeper tone with less raspy notes. I found the magnaflow competition axlebacks do this best. I have a reso delete H pipe going in next to fill that tone out even more like in this video.

It's going to drone a lot if you delete the resonator with the competition axle back. If you are ok with it that's fine but many are not.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
It's going to drone a lot if you delete the resonator with the competition axle back. If you are ok with it that's fine but many are not.
Oh yeah I'm totally fine with that. I like to hear it. Haha. If I ever add headers I'll add resonators.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Leaning toward the Ford Racing Touring (contractually obligated because of the poll), but the Corsa Sport catback has a really nice deep tone.

Argh.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Leaning toward the Ford Racing Touring (contractually obligated because of the poll), but the Corsa Sport catback has a really nice deep tone.

Argh.
You won't be disappointed with either, they're both excellent.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm in the same boat, but I want the gt350 valence, so anything but frpp is out.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got the actual Borla Type S, not he FFPP one. Its louder than expected, but I really like it. No issues so far in Sacramento, CA from the law. No drone on the highway, but around 2k - 3k, its loud and you can definitely hear it in the cabin. I am not planning on headers or much of anything for now due to headache from Cali smog laws.

+1 for FFPP Borla Sport, but I recommend getting the real Borla touring or sport.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
One of my friends has the S-type. Its just a little louder than the Corsa Sport on the outside but definitely has more volume on the inside. I'd expect the FRPP to have similar characteristics.
Sponsored