Sponsored

Dealer thread: Bayford Ford (Epping)

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Hey guys, I'm waiting for my beauty to arrive at the docks at Baltimore (ETA was today).

I'm having a bad time with my dealer. Initially I was chasing them up every couple of weeks until I got the NSC number. I found out the NSC from Ford AU (Facebook) and then dealer followed up 2 weeks later - Hey we've got your NSC (thanks but I found out 2 weeks ago). I didn't say that I just played dumb. This was in June.

Since then, I have got my VIN through Ford Service (Twitter), I got my window sticker, my car has been built, loaded on a train and it's about to get on a ship.

Having said that, since June (3 months) I haven't got any communication from the dealer, whatsoever. I guess they're lazy or they don't give a f*** about their customers.

I'm seeking advice - Should I just keep quiet, get the car and play stupid, or should I raise it up and speak to the dealer principle and let them know that I'm disappointed in their customer service? What are the pros and cons in doing both?
Sponsored

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Wow...How disappointing! I have read similar stories on this website since I joined and was waiting for my Mustang. I know everyone's experience is Different?....So all I can tell you is that when you get the call & see your car for the first time, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE FORGOTTEN!:):):)
PS...My Dealer was "Absolutely Awesome!"....exact the opposite to yours, was informed all the way, even though i still knew more than them from this Forum, lol...:D
Cheers...

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Don't worry about it. Just use the tools mentioned in this forum. There is nothing that they will tell you that you can't find on your own and in most cases before your dealer.

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Agree use the info here to track. You will want them on-side when the PDI and handover happen, if they muck that up then you should complain!

richardxr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Same here. Absolutely NO uninitiated contact for over 12 months :)
Even when I rang with an enquiry, I ALWAYS had to ring back as calls were not returned.
Ford Dealers aren't Ford of Australia though....
Speaking of which - Absolutely NO uninitiated contact for over 12 months too...
Must be the Business model - saves on 6000+ phone calls/emails.....
The ONLY time ive ever enjoyed going to Dealerships was back in the FTE days.. They treated customers like you would expect. After spending 50-100K on a car, I DONT expect to be treated like a 12K drive it away customer....

Sponsored

OP
OP
w0rt3x

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I've set my expectations too high, but I would expect at least a regular 'no updates' call.

If it was for tracking everything myself, why can't I just order directly from Ford US instead of going through a dealership? :) In this case their role is absolutely useless.

I'll suck it up and track it, once I get it in my garage I'll blast them on every possible channel so they can up their service a bit.

What was interesting - the initial conversation before I put the deposit down. The guy said: We'll contact you before the car gets build to confirm the colour and everything else just in case you changed your mind. I never got that call :)

Anyway, I should be on a boat soon, not long to go!

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Most of the new members on this forum, complaint about dealers experience. I believe dealers are not well informed either and the typical sales rep attitude when added to it makes it even worse.

Fact is most of the owners are too excited after booking this car and want to be informed regularly, to feed their excitement, and expect regular updates from dealer, while there are no regular updates at the dealer's end or Ford AU end.
Combine the above two facts and you are one very unhappy customer.

However keeping that aside for a moment, this forum not only provides you excellent tracking tools about your car, but also provides a lot more very helpful and valuable information related to mods and upgrades that you can use while waiting for your car.

Ever since I joined this forum, I completely forgot about dealer's experience because I was way better informed than the dealer, not just about the build and delivery of my car but also knew exactly what mods I was doing and how.
Even the dealer was surprised when I took delivery of my car, as how do I know a lot about my car, already, even before receiving the car. Thanks to all the fellow forum members and pioneers in mods.

So either we can spend/waste our time, complaining about dealers while waiting for our cars, or make the wait pleasant by tracking the car, sharing information and learning more about the car, which will be a lot helpful when you receive your car and you will also be a lot happier too.

This is a very different forum compared to other forums where people normally complaint about certain vendors and issues and look for alternates or fixes for issue.

This forum is more about caring and sharing and genuinely helping fellow members.

I have enjoyed the time waiting for my car just because of this forum and made a few good friends during the waiting time and after taking delivery of the car.

Dealers are not going to change and it might get worse as more of these cars arrive and they become common. So why not ignore dealers' attitude and use all the information available on this forum, put together by some very dedicated forum members to track your Pony, enjoy the journey and make it a memorable experience.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Couldnt think of anything worse then having the dealer contacting me constantly blowing smoke up my behind.

I only want to hear from them twice, once when they tell me the car has arrived at the dealership before pre delivery is performed, and again once they book it in for delivery. Outside of that i dont want to know you.

I can track it myself via the usual channels.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I think there is less of an excuse for dealers now because the mustang has been on the roads for nearly a year. Some sales people are amazing and some are dodgy it's luck of the draw really.

As kaps said the best option is to rely on yourself and feed your own habit of updates and mods. Then dedicate a room to these mods, then realise you have no more space in that room. Then watch another YouTube video or read a post and think oh I need that too haha.

:cheers:

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
You're not alone. When I was going through my waiting experience, dealer communication was slim to bugger all. I relied on this forum exclusively to track my car..... which can be a double edged sword in itself. If you have no idea where the car is, you don't worry about it.... outta sight, outta mind type thing.

Then, thanks to this forum, once you know everything about your build you climb the walls and check the relative sites daily, driving yourself insane in the process. Like many current owners will tell you, all your negative dealer experiences will disappear very quickly once you have it :thumbsup:

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
The waiting is the worst part and the closer it gets, the harder it is. The longest 3 weeks of my life were the ones between when the ship docked in Port Kembla, and I took delivery.

For some reason, or perhaps typically, mine was one of the last ones to be taken off the dock and it went to the Prixcar depot instead of directly to the dealer, like 6 others did. So almost 2 weeks between the ship docking and the dealer receiving the car.

Nothing we say is going to make it any better other than it doesn't matter whether you know where it is or not, it will still take the same time to get here.

When I chased the dealer he had to go and find the information as neither he or I ever received any proactive information from Ford.

Stay in touch with your fellow Mustangers here on the forum and you will have the best information available. You can usually access the information through the tips you get here well before the dealer gets his information. I have seen reports of other owners getting an update directly from Ford (that's Ford themselves, not the dealer) that their cars were on the way and they had already taken delivery. I told my salesman that the car had arrived at the dealership within 10 minutes of it arriving (a large dealership) and he went and checked and confirmed it. Yes I was clicking refresh every 5 minutes all morning.

Perhaps we need a full list of the resources available for tracking vehicles as a reference for new owners still waiting. Lets face it, when mine was coming I even saw pictures of the ship coming through the Panama Canal, courtesy of another member that found a web cam.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
OP
OP
w0rt3x

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok enough, let's all stay positive :)

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
...but I would expect at least a regular 'no updates' call.
I've said this before, it's not the dealers fault, it's your expectation that is incorrect. If you know what to expect, you will be fine, if you expect regular updates you will be disappointed because that is not how the process works.

Sure, some of you would love to be updated and expect better, but it simply doesn't happen.

Both of my brothers work as car salesman and have sold cars for different manufacturers and they are no different. The person buying the car doesn't usually get told until the car comes in to stock. Sorry if you are upset but it's hardly fair to call out your dealer when this is just standard procedure.

As a couple of guys have said, some dealers will go out of their way to check up for you, but they aren't required to do so.

Also as [MENTION=24353]mix 302[/MENTION] said, once you get it, you will forget about this whole process. Just wait a little longer, we all had/have to! :cheers:

You will be cruising the streets in a couple of months.
Bring on October for me :D
Sponsored