Sponsored

DD DRL Boards

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Hi all
has anyone found an installer in Sydney as I am not comfortable in installing myself?
I am happy to pay someone to do it. An installer in SA says it takes 12 hours?
Thoughts
thanks
I was going to go with Loudz however his timing to Sydney looks like being last quarter of this year -which is too long a wait for me.

There is a guy in Sydney who is also doing them and has a strong reputation. Look up "that headlight guy" on facebook. He is very responsive and his facebook site has lots of photos of his work and feedback.
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Phil.
Is there a group price organised for white/amber DRL?

cheers
I'll tag you in the post, guess you came through as Simeon

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was going to go with Loudz however his timing to Sydney looks like being last quarter of this year -which is too long a wait for me.

There is a guy in Sydney who is also doing them and has a strong reputation. Look up "that headlight guy" on facebook. He is very responsive and his facebook site has lots of photos of his work and feedback.
If that's who I am thinking it is, Loudz has actually had to fix up some of his work....

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that's who I am thinking it is, Loudz has actually had to fix up some of his work....
I haven't managed to find anything other than positive feedback on him, and I was directed to him by another mustang owner who has had him do the DRL install.

Honestly I cant see Jamie making it to Sydney much before October / November. That is just a bit too long to wait, and its only a grand if it goes wrong, not the end of the world.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't managed to find anything other than positive feedback on him, and I was directed to him by another mustang owner who has had him do the DRL install.

Honestly I cant see Jamie making it to Sydney much before October / November. That is just a bit too long to wait, and its only a grand if it goes wrong, not the end of the world.
Yeah could be someone else I'm thinking of, not sure.

He finishes in Perth mid august so I reckon mid september - he trying as quick as he can

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I'm thinking of going with "That Headlight Guy". He has quoted $600 if I have the DD parts and he needs the car for 2 days for fitting.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get it done Fiz I am waiting on him getting the lights from DD at the moment

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Got a guy drove all the way to Melbourne and have the all the lights work completed last week.

[ame]

bluewaffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt500
That headlight guy in sydney did work on my previous car as well. not my mustang yet. good guy and the lights he did worked fine still even after i sold them. everyone says bad things about another person in the same business. thats why theres feedback and reviews on every business page. from my knowledge theres a few mustangs in sydney already modded by him. his page has a huge diversity of different cars and bikes so the guy must know his stuff.

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Need some help guys and girls. Do you know any place in Sydney that can help me disable the fog lights s DRL should I do the tri bar led DRL?
I don't have Forscan nor do I know how to use that.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I simply unplugged mine :cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
There is no such a thing as a noob question when you do something for the first time :)

On the fog light assembly, there are two lamps: the top one is for the fog light, so don't touch that. The lower one is the DRL. Simply unplug the connector. You can reach it through the wheel well liner. Go to the following post, this might help:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1939487&postcount=364

Last edited:

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
There is no such a thing as a noob question when you something for the first time :)

On the fog light assembly, there are two lamps: the top one is for the fog light, so don't touch that. The lower one is the DRL. To unplug it, simply twist it counter clock wise (if I remember correctly). You can reach it through the wheel well liner.
Thank you very much sir.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
:cheers:

Also take a look at my post above, I updated it.
Sponsored