Sponsored

Dashcams

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
Ordered the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH last night from Dashcams Australia, with the 64GB SD card and free Hardwire kit. Come to $588

We'll see how the install goes this Saturday
Sponsored

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, so some good and some really bad news.

Got my Blackvue DR650GW-2CH only two days after ordering, great service from the guys as DashCams Aus!Unboxed everything, and all looks good, loaded up the new firmware on the SD card, downloaded the Blackvue apps and waited for Saturday to do my install.

Looked at a few youtube clips, go the manual out and generally figured out what I wanted to do. Placed the front and rear cams, ran the power cable down to the fuse box.
Damn its a lot harder for the RHD cars to get access to the fusebox, got a great big throttle pedal in the way! So I figured I would use Fuse 33 (the audio head unit, apparently this is the best one to use BTW).

Now the Power Magic Pro that come with my order free goes up in here so that its hard wired in and not to the cigarette lighter. Well this is where my drama started, the PMP says to just wrap the wires around the fuse, but dodgy but what the heck thats what the instructions say to do:shrug:, I can always do it better later on.

Wrap the accessories wire around the fuse and push it back in, of course it doesn't fit because it now has a bit of wire wrapped around it. So I put a fair amount of pressure on and push it right in.... it doesn't stay in :doh:
Now that fuse wont stay in at all even with the wire removed, its like I've pushed the backside of the fuse that applies the friction to far and now it wont grab the fuse:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Any ideas from the forum?:confused:
Hopefully I have done any catastrophic damage to the fuse box and it needs to be replaced. Is there any fix any of guys know, or should I remove the whole fuse panel and try to get to the rear of it?
That's going to be a whole lot of work from what I can see though:doh:

On a positive, I ran the cable for the power to the cigarette light in the glovebox and the cams work great, I just have now audio:mad:

Last edited:

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Hi All,
Need some help and thsi is the best place to get it...:clap2:
Can anyone please tell me the answers to the below that has successfully installed;
BLACKVUE DR3500- + POWER MAGIC PRO FULL HD 1080P 2MP DVR
1/ fuses used for the Power magic pro
2/ ground wire location piont
3/ Parking mode working
4/ Location of the Power magic pro controller.
i have read through the threads and have not been able to get a clear picture of the fuses used for constant and switched power and if the parking mode is working?
Appreciate the help.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Hi All,
Need some help and thsi is the best place to get it...:clap2:
Can anyone please tell me the answers to the below that has successfully installed;
BLACKVUE DR3500- + POWER MAGIC PRO FULL HD 1080P 2MP DVR
1/ fuses used for the Power magic pro
2/ ground wire location piont
3/ Parking mode working
4/ Location of the Power magic pro controller.
i have read through the threads and have not been able to get a clear picture of the fuses used for constant and switched power and if the parking mode is working?
Appreciate the help.
I found some useful information here

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10064&page=7

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22227]IngotGT2016[/MENTION] I used the double sided tape to stick the Power Magic Pro up above the fuse box where there is a blank piece of metal to the upper left.

For the ground, there is a plate with two bolts on it down near the door sills, I loosened off one of the bolts and put the ground wire there.

I have yet to hardwire it in to the fusebox due to the problems in the thread above, but please if you figure it out write it up in here.

At the moment I have run the cigarette connector through the sills around the back of the drivers seat and into the glovebox until I wire it up properly.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I used some Micro 2 fuse taps BroncosXR8. It was a far better solution than trying to wrap it around one of those tiny fuse legs. If I remember on the weekend I'll pull the fuse panel lid off and take a snap - it's such a prick of a spot to get to, I thought the Mondeo and Focus 'under the glovebox' arrangements were a prick, but this is something else.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
I used some Micro 2 fuse taps BroncosXR8. It was a far better solution than trying to wrap it around one of those tiny fuse legs. If I remember on the weekend I'll pull the fuse panel lid off and take a snap - it's such a prick of a spot to get to, I thought the Mondeo and Focus 'under the glovebox' arrangements were a prick, but this is something else.
Appreciate it thanks have just ordered some fuse taps.
Sounds like I have some fun time ahead.
I am 6ft 2 so should be easy to fit in under there!:eyebulge:

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Appreciate it thanks have just ordered some fuse taps.
Sounds like I have some fun time ahead.
I am 6ft 2 so should be easy to fit in under there!:eyebulge:
I'm 6'8", so I believe me, I know. It is a bastard of a spot for want of a better word.

Now, just a piece of advice for the fuse taps - the ones I bought had a slight casting defect and wouldn't fit, so they needed to be filed down on the ends ever so slightly. If the ones you get have ridges on the ends, file them off otherwise they won't fit.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I've got a cheap alternative for about $180 for my wife's car and I'm really happy with it. Installed in within 10 minutes and you can't see the cam nor the cables. If you don't want to spend a lot of cash, I highly recommend this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181966805663

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I've got a cheap alternative for about $180 for my wife's car and I'm really happy with it. Installed in within 10 minutes and you can't see the cam nor the cables. If you don't want to spend a lot of cash, I highly recommend this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181966805663
How long is the cord on this one? Is it long enough to run around the dash like that in our cars or did you have to join it up?

Sponsored

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
I have a Uniden IGO 750 on my daily drive & it's been awesome for the last 5 months. The Beauty of this unit it has "Red Light Cameras" & "Red Light Speed Cameras" built in. Plus it's only $129 from the Good Guys or Bing Lee. Also have one installed on my partners car & it's been faultless too!:)

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I have a Uniden IGO 750 on my daily drive & it's been awesome for the last 5 months. The Beauty of this unit it has "Red Light Cameras" & "Red Light Speed Cameras" built in. Plus it's only $129 from the Good Guys or Bing Lee. Also have one installed on my partners car & it's been faultless too!:)
Hard wired or via USB port?

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Hard wired or via USB port?
This is in my daily drive, (VF Sports wagon) not the Mustang....I used the 12v cigarette lighter plug in the centre armrest..I hid the cable, but was around 30cm (1ft) short. Just used a extension I bought from Jaycar.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
How long is the cord on this one? Is it long enough to run around the dash like that in our cars or did you have to join it up?
In my wife's Rav4 I managed to run it from near the shifter (where the Lighter is), under the glovebox all the way around the windscreen and placed the camera behind the rear view mirror. I had a little bit left over too. Not sure exactly how long. The good thing is that it's a micro USB cable so in case you need a longer one, you can probably get one on eBay for peanuts.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I've decided on the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH

Can anyone recommend an installer in Melbourne?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations regard GPS trackers?
Sponsored