Sponsored

Dashcams

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I wonder if the F750 hardwire kit is a bit more temperamental than the Power Magic Pro that the Blackvue uses?
I'm thinking the same. The Thinkware 750 just isn't compatible with the Mustang? Probably going to ditch my Thinkware (stick it in the missus car) and buy a blackview. Dreading going through the pain of accessing that foul fusebox again mind you.

What do you think of the Blackview dashcam having had it for a while? Any bugs/glitches? Would you recommend?
Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I'm thinking the same. The Thinkware 750 just isn't compatible with the Mustang? Probably going to ditch my Thinkware (stick it in the missus car) and buy a blackview. Dreading going through the pain of accessing that foul fusebox again mind you.

What do you think of the Blackview dashcam having had it for a while? Any bugs/glitches? Would you recommend?

Seems to work ok in the American version

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
No complaints here, the picture quality is sharp and it seems to work well.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Seems to work ok in the American version
Do you mean the Thinkware? I know, it's annoying! I'm sure I measured constant power and the fact that others have the parking mode working with the blackview seems to back this up. I noticed that the 750 firmware downloads are specific to each country. I even tried downloading the US version (different date and filesize) but unfortunately, no joy.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - so just to confirm, you got your 'parking mode' working?
It seems to be, I've never had any issues with it starting back up into full mode when I restart the vehicle either.

Maybe you could purchase the Pitasoft Power Magic Pro and try that for your Thinkware?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
It seems to be, I've never had any issues with it starting back up into full mode when I restart the vehicle either.

Maybe you could purchase the Pitasoft Power Magic Pro and try that for your Thinkware?

I think the only reason the power magic is required on the blackvue is because it doesn't have the necessary circuitry in the camera to shut off when battery voltage gets too low, the Thinkware has that feature built in.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

What fuses are you using? Are they tapped or wrapped round the leg & are you using the earth on the bolt above the accelerator or next to the fuse box direct onto the inside of the wing?

Edit : scrap that it looks like you'll have a blackvue not Thinkware?

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
I have the Blackvue 3500 and I'm not happy with it.
The instructions supplied are ambiguous and I'm never really sure what it's doing.
I have hours of recording of my car sitting in the driveway parked. Why? surely this drains the battery. Isn't it just supposed to buffer and only write to the card if there is a knock? I've tried altering the sensitivity to no avail.
My reading tells me I might need some sort of power monitoring device to prevent the battery draining on a long park - that's no good to me.
Unless I can learn how to turn the parking mode off or have it work properly I am unable to recommend this dash cam to anyone. I have a much cheaper ebay device on another car that works fine.
I also know that this is the low end Blackvue without the Sony CMOS sensors, but the video is acceptable.
If anyone can enlighten me on the correct setting for this cam I'd appreciate it.

Billca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I have the Blackvue 3500 and I'm not happy with it.
The instructions supplied are ambiguous and I'm never really sure what it's doing.
I have hours of recording of my car sitting in the driveway parked. Why? surely this drains the battery. Isn't it just supposed to buffer and only write to the card if there is a knock? I've tried altering the sensitivity to no avail.
My reading tells me I might need some sort of power monitoring device to prevent the battery draining on a long park - that's no good to me.
Unless I can learn how to turn the parking mode off or have it work properly I am unable to recommend this dash cam to anyone. I have a much cheaper ebay device on another car that works fine.
I also know that this is the low end Blackvue without the Sony CMOS sensors, but the video is acceptable.
If anyone can enlighten me on the correct setting for this cam I'd appreciate it.
Hi John, here's the link to the 42 page online manual for your camera if you don't already have it. There's a firmware update on the download page as well. I bought another model that had out of date firmware out of the box so it might be worth a look. Best of luck http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/assets/public_files/downloads/dr3500-fhd_en_v1.00.pdf
Here's the link to the power monitor you mentioned http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/blackvue-power-magic-pro/

Last edited:

Sponsored

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Has anyone yet had unequivocal success with their dashcam?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Has anyone yet had unequivocal success with their dashcam?
No issues whatsoever with my Thinkware F750. Solid cam.

Motion sensor is crazy good. Picks up on anything important when in surveillance mode (eg. engine off/parking) and alerts you. Crystal clear image from miles away.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
^ Ditto with the Blackvue DR650GW

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name