Sponsored

Dash rattle

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Same issue. Like others have said, push in on your light selector, it should stop. Good to know someone resolved it with a push pin on the inside.
Sponsored

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
The middle of my dash sometimes rattles and I hear a *ccreakcakck* going over harsh bumps. It's intermittent for now, but it's good to know dealers are responding to complaints.

Worse is a rattle that seems to be coming from the driver side A pillar...it's intermittent and if I squeeze on the pillar, it'll sometimes go away...sometimes not.

Worse STILL is a squeak from inside my Premium seat, happens every time I accelerate or brake...but I'll take that to its own thread.

My dad had a '84 Camaro...he told me "if you try to chase down every rattle in a sports car, you'll drive yourself crazy". A lot of old cars squeak and rattle, that's what happens when the dash expands in the heat and then gets cooled rapidly by the A/C...but given the price I paid for this one I'm hoping this one's different.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the dash rattle/creak also over certain bumps.

AMESmith87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp 50th pkg, 1985 Mustang GT, 2018 Super Crew F150 EB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has it as well. Had the dealership look at it when I took it in for oil change, couldn't replicate it. They were able to fix the wind noise, some small pin hole near the a pillar and windshield. There was a TSB for the wind noise, but I cant find any tsb's for 2015's on fords website.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine has it as well. Had the dealership look at it when I took it in for oil change, couldn't replicate it. They were able to fix the wind noise, some small pin hole near the a pillar and windshield. There was a TSB for the wind noise, but I cant find any tsb's for 2015's on fords website.
I have the dash rattle/creak also over certain bumps.
The middle of my dash sometimes rattles and I hear a *ccreakcakck* going over harsh bumps. It's intermittent for now, but it's good to know dealers are responding to complaints.

Worse is a rattle that seems to be coming from the driver side A pillar...it's intermittent and if I squeeze on the pillar, it'll sometimes go away...sometimes not.

Worse STILL is a squeak from inside my Premium seat, happens every time I accelerate or brake...but I'll take that to its own thread.

My dad had a '84 Camaro...he told me "if you try to chase down every rattle in a sports car, you'll drive yourself crazy". A lot of old cars squeak and rattle, that's what happens when the dash expands in the heat and then gets cooled rapidly by the A/C...but given the price I paid for this one I'm hoping this one's different.
Hey guys,

If any of you plan on visiting the dealer for the noise, send over a PM. I'll look into options on my end to further assist.

Jeff

Sponsored

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do Jeff - I'll be visiting the dealer (again) for my fog light issue sometime in the near future Appreciate your help.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
My 328i rattles like crazy. Hell my uncle's Bentley Continental GT Speed rattles too. I expect some in my Mustang. I think it's just a fact of life in today's cars.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Subscribed. I, too, have a rattle at lower rpm when driving/maintaining speeds.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I get it once in a while in my GT PP, more now that I have a loud exhaust...but still intermittent. Certainly not going to drop the car off at the dealership for an intermittent rattle.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will do Jeff - I'll be visiting the dealer (again) for my fog light issue sometime in the near future Appreciate your help.
Let me know! I'll keep an eye out. :)

I get it once in a while in my GT PP, more now that I have a loud exhaust...but still intermittent. Certainly not going to drop the car off at the dealership for an intermittent rattle.
If you change your mind, I'm here to help. :thumbsup:

Subscribed. I, too, have a rattle at lower rpm when driving/maintaining speeds.
If you plan on taking it to the dealer to check it out, shoot me a PM. I'll take a look at the situation.

Jeff

Sponsored

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
What's the headlight fix? Surprised ford hasn't issued a tsb for it. It's almost constant now for me. I can adjust the knob and it does go away for a minute or two. I have other rattles but the headlight is constant.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What's the headlight fix? Surprised ford hasn't issued a tsb for it. It's almost constant now for me. I can adjust the knob and it does go away for a minute or two. I have other rattles but the headlight is constant.
I do too and it's really becoming irritating - question is - do the dealers know how to fix it ? Want to go and have it fixed rather than them experimenting and taking apart half of the interior (which otherwise is fine).

MHamilton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium Magnetic W/ PP
I haven't verified it's from the headlight control, but I definitely hear at rattle coming from the left side of the steering column. Happens at around 45 mph or 70 mph, depending on the road surface. I was planning to to ask about it when I bring it in for my first service. If anyone takes theirs in to the dealer and has it fixed I would love to hear what their solution is so I can tell the dealer. I hate the rattle but I hate the idea of the dealer's techs taking apart the entire dash and most likely create even more issues more.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Strangely enough I don't have the headlight rattle but I do have a clicking/sticking noise from between the driver's upper dash where it meets the A-pillar trim. If I give the dash a whack from the top it stops for a few minutes. If I try to "pull away" the soft upper dash from the A pillar, it sounds like it makes the same click as I pull it, from the upper dash part. Maybe a clip is loose? Might try and bang it down lol.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I do too and it's really becoming irritating - question is - do the dealers know how to fix it ? Want to go and have it fixed rather than them experimenting and taking apart half of the interior (which otherwise is fine).
I haven't verified it's from the headlight control, but I definitely hear at rattle coming from the left side of the steering column. Happens at around 45 mph or 70 mph, depending on the road surface. I was planning to to ask about it when I bring it in for my first service. If anyone takes theirs in to the dealer and has it fixed I would love to hear what their solution is so I can tell the dealer. I hate the rattle but I hate the idea of the dealer's techs taking apart the entire dash and most likely create even more issues more.
Strangely enough I don't have the headlight rattle but I do have a clicking/sticking noise from between the driver's upper dash where it meets the A-pillar trim. If I give the dash a whack from the top it stops for a few minutes. If I try to "pull away" the soft upper dash from the A pillar, it sounds like it makes the same click as I pull it, from the upper dash part. Maybe a clip is loose? Might try and bang it down lol.
Have you been able to address them with your dealers, guys? If so, what have they said? Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full names, and best daytime number so I can escalate this if needed.

Deysha
Sponsored