Dash rattle

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
My GT Prem does it. For me it the lighting control area. When I press the trim piece around the dial, it stops, but does come back
Sponsored

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
Seems like the aluminum clip is not all the way in sometimes, I think i'm going to remove it and put something around the clip to make it a tighter squeeze. Also, I was getting pissed one day just to find out that the sunglasses in the sunglass holder was doing the majority of the rattling, don't make that mistake that I made, you just look dumb haha
Something similar happened to me as well and I was PISSED my new car was rattling from the Dash area... ended up being my garage door opener...

It very well could be something you yourself have in the car. Try to zone in on it

Raisin

50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT premium coupe and 1965 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem, took it back to the dealer. It took thirty minutes to find and fix the problem. I was a loose push pin behind the dash cluster. The tech pushed the pin in properly, reassembled the dash and all is good now.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I've got the same problem. Dealer has installed padded tape under a few different panels but it hasn't helped. I even let the mechanic drive it for two days while I had a rental and it would never rattle for him. Amazingly frustrating. On the plus side, my rental was an F250. Amazingly fun to drive when you aren't paying for it.
they tell you that because they dont want to touch it...warranty work means they work for free...

OP
OP
rdycoss1

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
they tell you that because they dont want to touch it...warranty work means they work for free...
No true. They just charge it to Ford....

Sponsored

Ecobeast305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Same problem here... God who exactly does Ford hire for QC? I mean no requirements right. My car has this problem plus misaligned front bumper and now even white smoke pours out like crazy when I'm parked for a few minutes in idle. Should have gotten a Camaro lol

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
No true. They just charge it to Ford....
Only IF Ford approves the repair. If Ford says it's normal they will not pay the dealership for the repair.

Trust me, been there done that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah have the rattle as well

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I just dropped of mine at the dealer. The service rep on here set the entire thing up and they even gave me a rental car for the weekend. They plan to rip apart the passenger door and headlight selector. They promised to fix it no matter what.

Ecobeast305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
You got lucky my dealer only gives rental to lease no buyers. So I have to leave the car the whole day.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just dropped of mine at the dealer. The service rep on here set the entire thing up and they even gave me a rental car for the weekend. They plan to rip apart the passenger door and headlight selector. They promised to fix it no matter what.
Great news, EricRN! I'm glad we could get you all set up. :D

You got lucky my dealer only gives rental to lease no buyers. So I have to leave the car the whole day.
Ecobeast, your CSM left you a voicemail today. I recommend giving him a call back, at your earliest convenience. He's there to help work with you and the dealer. He advised that you'll need to set up an appointment with them also, though. :thumbsup:

Jeff :ford:

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
PP here with the aluminum finish, rattle is intermittent, but there.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
EcoBoost Premium PP with 50th appearance pkg and no interior noise.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Spedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO GT PP
My GT PP has the same noise. Mine stops if I press on the vent above the headlight knob. I am going to take it apart and see if I can quiet it down when it gets a little warmer out.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
GT PP with the turned aluminum dashboard, same exact issues as you guys.

My left door also rattles when there's a lot of bass from certain songs (9 speaker system) and my passenger door has a terrible air hiss when driving above 65 mph. :doh:
Sponsored