Sponsored

Current Build Week 12/8/14 Tracking Thread

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having the same exact problem. I'm car was completed on December 11. According to Cotus it's in transit. But my delivery date jumped from December 29 to January 29th. I contacted both my dealer and ford customer care. They both told me that my car is still awaiting shipment and they aren't sure why because they are receiving other vehicles. My order was priorty 10 so I know it's not getting bumped do to priority. This is very dissapponting since I'm now going to be missing out on the big dreams $500 rebate. What makes it worse is no one knows why!! He did mention they are carefully looking over all the vehicles before shipping them out because of the body panel fit issues. :frusty:
To be fair that's still pretty quick- it wont be Jan 29th, it always moves up quite a bit once it ships.

There are still some of us with October and November orders with build dates before 12/8 getting jerked around awaiting our shipments. It is a frustrating experience all around with this ordering and especially shipping process

Hell, my car has been sitting half a week 20 min away at the railyard and no one can tell me when it will get to the dealership still or what the holdup is!! My EDD was 12/21 and my car STILL isn't there. I took this week off work, well the 2.5 days, to enjoy the car, and am enjoying some crappy college bowl games trying to kill the time somehow. In retrospect I would've rather my EDD just stayed the 23rd or 26th and been delivered then, not moved earlier and stuck in some crazy limbo of uncertainty
Sponsored

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cotus says Delivered, dealer is closed until Friday. :frusty: May swing by the dealership on lunch tomorrow and see if I can spot it though the fence.
Delivered.JPG

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
So, I'm kind of getting a bad taste in my mouth concerning my dealership. I've called and left two messages over the past couple days and have not received a call back. Every time I call my sales rep is "with a customer." Today I finally got tired of it and asked for a manager. He was very short with me when I asked if there was any update. His reply was simply "that's the latest info we have." I then asked for them not to drive it cause I want to put the first mile on my car and he says they'll back it off the truck and park it into the service garage. Not sure if I'm OK with that answer or not. Do these things come with some fuel in them or no? I certainly don't want them taking it up to the gas station and ripping a quick joy ride in my baby. I'm assuming they have an allotment of fuel at the dealership?

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I'm kind of getting a bad taste in my mouth concerning my dealership. I've called and left two messages over the past couple days and have not received a call back. Every time I call my sales rep is "with a customer." Today I finally got tired of it and asked for a manager. He was very short with me when I asked if there was any update. His reply was simply "that's the latest info we have." I then asked for them not to drive it cause I want to put the first mile on my car and he says they'll back it off the truck and park it into the service garage. Not sure if I'm OK with that answer or not. Do these things come with some fuel in them or no? I certainly don't want them taking it up to the gas station and ripping a quick joy ride in my baby. I'm assuming they have an allotment of fuel at the dealership?
They charge you for the first tank and I'd venture to guess they have a pump there for emergencies, loaners etc.

I don't think they can guarantee first mile though if QC tested it at the plant.l though.

Don't worry you're not the only one with a bad taste from the ordering process. My car has been sitting 20 min away at the rail yard since Thursday with an EDD 2 days ago and no one can tell me where it is right now and my dealership doesn't seem all too concerned to make 1 call to get it here rush- if you read my mini saga in the 12/1 thread.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They charge you for the first tank and I'd venture to guess they have a pump there for emergencies, loaners etc.

I don't think they can guarantee first mile though if QC tested it at the plant.l though.

Don't worry you're not the only one with a bad taste from the ordering process. My car has been sitting 20 min away at the rail yard since Thursday with an EDD 2 days ago and no one can tell me where it is right now and my dealership doesn't seem all too concerned to make 1 call to get it here rush- if you read my mini saga in the 12/1 thread.
Yeah I saw where I paid for the tank of gas (which is ridiculous, frankly ) so on know it'll have a full one upon purchase. I just don't want them driving it away to a gas station. If I don't get to put the first mile on it, I'll live. It just would be nice.

I did read your horror story from earlier. That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard lol. I'm sorry man. Guess my situation feels a lot better after what I've read from you other guys.

On the bright side, the sales manager at my dealer made a "phone call" to Flat Rock because apparently he has some pull with them. Had my car moved up in priority, so it got changed from a tentative date of 1/25 to 12/24 lol. Which, just so happens to be my birthday. :D

Sponsored

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I saw where I paid for the tank of gas (which is ridiculous, frankly ) so on know it'll have a full one upon purchase. I just don't want them driving it away to a gas station. If I don't get to put the first mile on it, I'll live. It just would be nice.

I did read your horror story from earlier. That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard lol. I'm sorry man. Guess my situation feels a lot better after what I've read from you other guys.

On the bright side, the sales manager at my dealer made a "phone call" to Flat Rock because apparently he has some pull with them. Had my car moved up in priority, so it got changed from a tentative date of 1/25 to 12/24 lol. Which, just so happens to be my birthday. :D
Very absurd. Another member here on the same train in Miami got his Sat night. I get he's closer as the railyard is is Miami but my dealership is 20 min drive away now 3 days later. I'm saying tomorrow but I've said that every day now for 4 days. I'd rather have an answer it'll be 2 more days or some definite response than idk from everyone or check back tomorrow.

FordService/Rachel has been as helpful as she can being customer service at Ford and always given updates as much as she can with limited say in the process. She's the one bright point to this horror ordering a car. Props to her all around for excellent service.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To be fair that's still pretty quick- it wont be Jan 29th, it always moves up quite a bit once it ships.

There are still some of us with October and November orders with build dates before 12/8 getting jerked around awaiting our shipments. It is a frustrating experience all around with this ordering and especially shipping process

Hell, my car has been sitting half a week 20 min away at the railyard and no one can tell me when it will get to the dealership still or what the holdup is!! My EDD was 12/21 and my car STILL isn't there. I took this week off work, well the 2.5 days, to enjoy the car, and am enjoying some crappy college bowl games trying to kill the time somehow. In retrospect I would've rather my EDD just stayed the 23rd or 26th and been delivered then, not moved earlier and stuck in some crazy limbo of uncertainty
To be fair that's still pretty quick??? Ummm I ordered my vehicle before you (11/04/14) while you ordered on (11/13/14 and it looks like you are taking delivery this week so a little over 6 weeks for you). Based on my delivery date I will be waiting about 13 weeks!!! That's not that quick. Granted I do live a lot farther from the factory it shouldn't take 7 more weeks to ship a car.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
To be fair that's still pretty quick??? Ummm I ordered my vehicle before you (11/04/14) while you ordered on (11/13/14 and it looks like you are taking delivery this week so a little over 6 weeks for you). Based on my delivery date I will be waiting about 13 weeks!!! That's not that quick. Granted I do live a lot farther from the factory it shouldn't take 7 more weeks to ship a car.

Lmao I waited over 6 months.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Train is on it's last stretch...should have my car by Monday!!!

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my car still hasn't arrived. It was scheduled at the latest for 12/24. I'm hoping that due to Xmas, it just got delayed a day. Here's to hoping for Friday! :cheers:

Sponsored

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
She is home, and definitely the best car buying experience I have had, tight fit in my garage though.
IMG_1288.jpg

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
She is home, and definitely the best car buying experience I have had, tight fit in my garage though.

Wow that is tight. Aren't you scared of something falling on it scratching up the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not falling really no, me not thinking about it and opening the door to hard and slamming it into the Triumph.. a little..

WhiteMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
So, I had an EDD of 1-1-2015 with 4 days left. I just checked COTUS recently and the EDD disappeared as well as the countdown marker. What does this mean? Sorry I didn't bother to look for this reason, hope somebody could just tell me on this thread.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I had an EDD of 1-1-2015 with 4 days left. I just checked COTUS recently and the EDD disappeared as well as the countdown marker. What does this mean? Sorry I didn't bother to look for this reason, hope somebody could just tell me on this thread.
Same thing happened to me, but my EDD was 12/24. Not sure what is going on. The car still hasn't arrived.
Sponsored