Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My Corsa Sport just arrived yesterday. I just have no car to put it on yet! Sure hope I don't run into these issues, but I'll certainly pay attention to that side and the proper torque specs.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My Corsa Sport just arrived yesterday. I just have no car to put it on yet! Sure hope I don't run into these issues, but I'll certainly pay attention to that side and the proper torque specs.
This post seems to be relating only to the axle-back.

Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Comp Orange
Mine for sure sag because the hangers allow the mufflers to sit way too low. To fix this you have to hold the muffler up with a jack (or your knee) and then tighten the clamp (and then hope it doesn't rotate and sag again).
I have a Corsa Sport catback and the passenger side sags inevitably. I've tried more torque, less torque, etc. I think it must be the rear hanger on that side that's off by half an inch--either that or its just a stupid design where it's relying on clamp tension to keep the muffler from sagging.

I'm going to call Corsa tomorrow, but it pisses me off that I'm having the issues with one of the most expensive cat back systems on the market.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a Corsa Sport catback and the passenger side sags inevitably. I've tried more torque, less torque, etc. I think it must be the rear hanger on that side that's off by half an inch--either that or its just a stupid design where it's relying on clamp tension to keep the muffler from sagging.

I'm going to call Corsa tomorrow, but it pisses me off that I'm having the issues with one of the most expensive cat back systems on the market.
Make sure you have enough pipe overlap/clamp engagement. I have all of my pipes shoved totally on and have had no issues sagging.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Try to make sure you tighten the clamps with the exhaust supported (jack or by hand). I helped a friend who's had sagged and it hasn't since.

Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Comp Orange
Pipes are fully seated at the joint, clamps tightened with muffler supported in position. Still sagged on the one side.

I took the passenger side muffler portion off last night and bent the front hanger up by half an inch, which allows the muffler to rotate properly into position. Also cleaned the mating surfaces of the connection with acetone. Seems to be staying in place now--keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored