Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20160619_135509200_HDR.jpg22.jpg

Here's a picture of my baby. Competition Orange 50 Years Appearance Package nav and a6 :thumbsup:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Finally took my car to the dyno. Drove 150ish miles round trip to the dyno and made:

720/687 @ 10.1psi
758/731 @ 11.7psi
880/818 @ 14.7psi
931/867 @ 16.7psi
997/916 @ 19.7psi
1046/919 @ 21.8psi

0Aujms.png

KLEhyB.jpg

QL3nOD.jpg

Do you feel that this in any way has limited you or turned your car into a one trick pony? I hate to say it but ive gotten pretty bored with my convertible and am already looking forward to selling it for an M2 in the future. 500hp just blows the tires off the car in first and second and it gets so much wheel hop that im afraid its going to snap the axles right off.

Plus being a convertible, even with the GTPP and upgrades, its such a overly soft sprung and dampened suspension that it makes me prefer driving my RS when i can. How are you feeling about your convertible?

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert
Do you feel that this in any way has limited you or turned your car into a one trick pony? I hate to say it but ive gotten pretty bored with my convertible and am already looking forward to selling it for an M2 in the future. 500hp just blows the tires off the car in first and second and it gets so much wheel hop that im afraid its going to snap the axles right off.

Plus being a convertible, even with the GTPP and upgrades, its such a overly soft sprung and dampened suspension that it makes me prefer driving my RS when i can. How are you feeling about your convertible?
Mine will dead hook with my street wheels (305/35/20 MT) from a 40 roll at 720whp, if it does spin (from 20mph) I have absolutely no wheel hop with my BMR suspension.
With that being said the car is for sale. I wanted a low 9 second daily driver with all the amenities that makes 1k+ at the wheels, now that I have accomplished it, it's time to build something else :headbang:

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like then if i want to go further with my Mustang, I'll need to address the suspension then. Not sure i want to put more into it when i know my heart isnt into it anymore, and its just going to be wasted money.

Thank you for your feedback.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not directed at me but figured I'd chime in. A spring change made a huge difference (linear BMR), and if I wanted more, there's tons of aftermarket options, however, I do get wanting more stock/OOTB.

I saw your comment in another thread about feeling like there's some chassis compromise in the convertible GT - maybe a touch, but honestly, nothing that affects what I do on the street - I feel like I'm not giving up anything with the occasional bit of frisky street driving and this is coming from someone who has 25+ years of track experience and is pretty dialed in to suspension dynamics.

If I was engaging in track weekends more regularly, I'd look into a coupe as well, maybe a GT350, the M2 (like you mentioned) is a fun car (one of my devs in SF owns one and he gave me keys for a supply run).

The convertible experience in a street driven, non-tracked vehicle, for me far outweighs the very slight chassis trade-offs, but YMMV. :)

[edit]

Meant to say I'm also in Florida, so a convertible is basically a year round, top down option :D

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I have the Ford Performance Street setup right now. I think the only remedy will be to go with the Track springs and damper and switch to pilot super sports at a minimum, then research into what will eliminate the awful wheel hop.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
After riding around in my coworker's GT350, I can definitely feel a chassis difference. My convertible feels like warm taffy compared to his.

I don't care though, I can put the top down, and he can't!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
After riding around in my coworker's GT350, I can definitely feel a chassis difference. My convertible feels like warm taffy compared to his.

I don't care though, I can put the top down, and he can't!
My vert feels fine. I haven't experienced any sloppy feeling or cowl shake. But I don't drive hard and I choose my routes for "best driving"

I can't compare to a 350, but as you have clearly stated, "I can put the top down and he can't":headbang:
Sponsored