Sponsored

Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Gives Away Next GT350's Debut

BOSS 1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB BOSS 302
So the COTA CTSSC race has come and gone....anyone get photos of the GT350 that was supposed to appear?....anyone?....Bueller?

Nope...didn't think so.
I heard from a guy that knows this other guy that it will debut next wednesday day at the Wabashae Corn Festival.

...time to just be patient and let it happen...
Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I heard from a guy that knows this other guy that it will debut next wednesday day at the Wabashae Corn Festival.

...time to just be patient and let it happen...

I agree....

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Now hoping to see it at SEMA!
A friend of mine works for them and says they are expecting tons of 2015 Mustang offerings in Vegas. Hope all the builders/tuners get their cars in time to make good on that.
Planning on going to the L.A. Auto show too, a couple weeks later. I'm expecting to see a huge Ford display with the new Mustang and F150.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Not listed on Road Atlanta Entry List...
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/races/entry_lists/2014_ContiAtlantaEntry List.pdf

Also Multiamatic says: "We've got a points situation to focus on."

Things have dried up on the GT350...I'm guessing they pushed it to debut in Detroit in January. Supposedly the 2016 Camaro will show there. So I'm thinking Ford wants the 2015 Mustangs on the lots and being sold thru December before showing more muscle. Plus SEMA will have Roush, Saleen and RTR all trying to get customers attention.
Ford still has some 2015/16 debuts...the Taurus, Explorer Refresh etc...so maybe LA.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That '15MY GT350 is looking unlikely then :shrug:

Surely a November (LA) or January (Detroit) reveal means sales/deliveries would be a good 6 months further down the line. That's got to be getting on for '16MY timescales.

Plus it means my John Clor S550 book will be more like an Easter 2015 present, rather than the Christmas 2014 present I was hoping for :(

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
If not at SEMA, then the originals were built 6 or 8 miles from the L.A. Convention Center in a warehouse next to LAX, so maybe L.A.? Hope so! Either way I'd get to see it in person. :)

BOSS 1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB BOSS 302
*yawn*

Shall we wait for news as we enjoy our Thanksgiving leftovers?!?

GTByte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I spoke to Ford Racing Management at the Sonoma race. Without going into details, it looks like the WC series will continue to be running the Boss 302R or S in 2015. As to a GT350R for 2015, there was some discussion about putting our driver and Jack Roush Jr in a CTSC "car" for the Daytona opener in 2015. They were mum on whether anything might make an appearance at COTA.
When I first heard about the GT350 I figured it would take a year to work out all the kinks of the chassis before it was released. I'm guessing this is why the SVT GT350 was listed as 2016, not 2015.

As for PWC or ISMA I wouldn't have thought any S550 platform would be showing up in 2015. Too soon. Not just for registration and rules that need to be ironed out with PWC, ISMA and SCCA but also for safety and testing that will be done throughout the year. I see 2015 as a testing year for the debut in 2016.

Think about all the tiny changes that Ford will make based on owners of the 2015 customers giving feedback that will be used in the 2016 models.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
When I first heard about the GT350 I figured it would take a year to work out all the kinks of the chassis before it was released. I'm guessing this is why the SVT GT350 was listed as 2016, not 2015.

As for PWC or ISMA I wouldn't have thought any S550 platform would be showing up in 2015. Too soon. Not just for registration and rules that need to be ironed out with PWC, ISMA and SCCA but also for safety and testing that will be done throughout the year. I see 2015 as a testing year for the debut in 2016.

Think about all the tiny changes that Ford will make based on owners of the 2015 customers giving feedback that will be used in the 2016 models.
wow,

insider. yawn.

sorry.

beers

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Watching right now and i dont see one, looks like OP was wrong. Had my calendar marked and everything.