Sponsored

Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Gives Away Next GT350's Debut

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Sweeeeet. The way they said it sounds like it's not just making a cameo but could actually see some track time.
Sponsored

tslim

^^^That should all change soon.

So are we all expecting to see the GT350R? How far after do you think the street version will be?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
GT350...
Or GT350s..
Or GT350r..

It doesn't matter, just so long as we get to see either on COTA. What a perfect track for seeing it handle.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Mustangs sure havent done well this year. No wins and a few podiums. Camaros look fast!
Shouldn't you be hanging out on that other website that caters to the low-information enthusiasts?:tsk:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Shouldn't you be hanging out on that other website that caters to the low-information enthusiasts?:tsk:
This person is usually posting drivel about the upcoming Camaro and how light it will be along with its blistering performance:thumbdown:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Isn't it true? Rausch won 2 races last year then went to World Challenge where Camaros are also very fast.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it true? Rausch won 2 races last year then went to World Challenge where Camaros are also very fast.
who the hell is Rausch? Are they related to Stephensen?:D

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Mustangs sure havent done well this year. No wins and a few podiums. Camaros look fast!
Sadly that appears to be the case so far. The balance of performance seems to be in Camaros favor. I'm sure there is no politics involved;)

Anyways I got a feeling things are going to change soon. I can't wait to see the beast at COTA.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Fast because they are allowed a 7 liter engine with a 15mn restriction. Chevy doesn't build their cars either, Riley and Pratt build their Camaro's.

I'd be embarrassed to show up after 4 years of losses just to bring a 3rd party built, 7 liter Camaro. Of course they are fast... They NEED the help they are getting.

Too bad Chevy can't build a competitive Camaro. They need to have Pratt build it... I sure wish the Mustangs could only run a 75mn tube and have 2 extra liters. That points directly to the platform... The 5th Gen is AWFUL in competitive road racing. The 1LE sucked in T2 and every Camaro since then has been a Riley or Pratt/Miller Carbon Fiber Frankenstein.

...and still won't win a championship... pathetic...

Boy, the Camaro's sure are fast, only the uninformed would buy that. The Camaro couldn't win a championship, they took pity on them. The last time this happened, the GSR won back to back when the Camaros restrictions were removed..

Like the KIA in WC, the Camaro took on way too many changes for the class. The z28R isn't even close to OEM and they ran a Riley ZL1 in WC. The Boss didn't need the field restricted to win 11 races and a championship in two classes in its maiden season. The z28 still struggles as is.

Say... Where did the OEM z28 race this season?

Nowhere you say???

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the rule bending GM gets away with. But let's face it, a series sells more tickets and attracts more as dollars when GM comes to play. The Boss had an excellent debut, with a car we could all buy. It will return to the podium. Swings and roundabouts.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm not a fan of it either... Chevy threatened to pull the 5tg Gen in 2011 and they got their restrictions removed for 3 races... Finished 2nd, 1st and 1st with a pole position. Same shit here...

They couldn't win with a Riley prepped 6.2 SS, so, they are allowed a larger engine with hardly no restriction.

These idiots are proud of that...

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Fast because they are allowed a 7 liter engine with a 15mn restriction. Chevy doesn't build their cars either, Riley and Pratt build their Camaro's.

I'd be embarrassed to show up after 4 years of losses just to bring a 3rd party built, 7 liter Camaro. Of course they are fast... They NEED the help they are getting.

Too bad Chevy can't build a competitive Camaro. They need to have Pratt build it... I sure wish the Mustangs could only run a 75mn tube and have 2 extra liters. That points directly to the platform... The 5th Gen is AWFUL in competitive road racing. The 1LE sucked in T2 and every Camaro since then has been a Riley or Pratt/Miller Carbon Fiber Frankenstein.

...and still won't win a championship... pathetic...

Boy, the Camaro's sure are fast, only the uninformed would buy that. The Camaro couldn't win a championship, they took pity on them. The last time this happened, the GSR won back to back when the Camaros restrictions were removed..

Like the KIA in WC, the Camaro took on way too many changes for the class. The z28R isn't even close to OEM and they ran a Riley ZL1 in WC. The Boss didn't need the field restricted to win 11 races and a championship in two classes in its maiden season. The z28 still struggles as is.

Say... Where did the OEM z28 race this season?

Nowhere you say???
They are 2nd in the championship only 15 points behind. They were slowed down for Road America this weekend. We will see if it finally impacts their performance or if they still have more in reserve to pull off a championship.

I don't think Ford builds their cars either, outsourcing it to Multimatic like Chevy does with P&M.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They are 2nd in the championship only 15 points behind. They were slowed down for Road America this weekend. We will see if it finally impacts their performance or if they still have more in reserve to pull off a championship.

I don't think Ford builds their cars either, outsourcing it to Multimatic like Chevy does with P&M.
Ford Racing builds ALL Boss 302's, especially for the classes that required homologation. This is published in the vehicle overview. The Camaro had one of the worst performances out of all the active competition. Sadly, a nearly unrestricted 7 liter was the answer, along with a 100rwhp advantage over the 370rwhp class maximum.

This is a perfect example of just how unfit the 5th Gen platform is. There is no reason any car needs 470rwhp and 7 liters. In order for Riley or Pratt to make this thing competitive, they swapped out the exterior panels to CF. The entire suspension and brakes are aftermarket while everyone else uses OEM stuff.

Of course the z28.R is fast... The class was specifically set up for that exact reason. They have sucked the last 4 seasons, they were handed a bone.
Sponsored