Sponsored

Confused!

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv
The picture is going to be tricky. But it's my bootlid and it keeps getting covered in fine fibres, they just go to dust as soon as you wipe them but they seem metallic. They are very uniform, straight and about 3-4mm long. I tried a magnet and they don't seem to stick. My only thought is they are coming from my exhaust. I don't seem to remember them with the stock exhaust and I have done about 700 miles with a Borla Cat Back touring which I love compared to stock. Could it be something clearing out? But 700 miles worries me! Everything else seems fine.
IMG_2113.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, either something from the tail pipes or possible from the cats.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
The picture is going to be tricky. But it's my bootlid and it keeps getting covered in fine fibres, they just go to dust as soon as you wipe them but they seem metallic. They are very uniform, straight and about 3-4mm long. I tried a magnet and they don't seem to stick. My only thought is they are coming from my exhaust. I don't seem to remember them with the stock exhaust and I have done about 700 miles with a Borla Cat Back touring which I love compared to stock. Could it be something clearing out? But 700 miles worries me! Everything else seems fine.
I had this with my stock exhaust. Since I changed to MagnaFlow cat back - nothing. My guess would be the stock resonator.

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Had some of that from my last exhaust. But seeing as I love to rev the fuck out of my car it wasn't that surprising. Only happened when first put on. Did settle down after a while. Probably cause the left cat had disappeared by then. :lol: That was a borla s type by the way.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the Borla Touring CB for around 3000km and have seen nothing like that.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] had issues with his first Borla. Don't know if he saw anything like this?
Mine was just a loose baffle in one silencer...:)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My old exhaust (stock) used to piss up all manner of crud to my decklid, and my decklid used to have it stick to it like glue (Inm hindsight it was probably static'd on). It's since gone... Had it with the MF exhaust for a few hundered miles too...
Sponsored