Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe

Got it!

Pretty obvious the fully painted body colored diffuser will be trim specific. Ford obviously know it would be the less popular look and relegated it to the base model.
Not Necessarily, I don't know what they're thinking or how they are packaging each trim level because the New Silver GT has the Fully Painted Bumper/Diffuser like the Red GT from California. The same goes for the Badging and Grills. There is a Mish Mash of Badges, Grills, Diffusers, and Wheels going on in the new batch of Pic's

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Don't underestimate Ford's 'ability' to f*** this up and force you into an appearance package you don't like. I think most of us agree the fully painted diffuser doesn't look as good. Common sense says this should be the base V6 only. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ford screw it up (or if its cheaper for them) and put this on most of the cars with the black border version we like only being on specific packages.

Hopefully they are able to cater to everyone's unique tastes and the wheel, appearance, badging etc is somewhat customizable. I understand there are limits and they need to mass produce these, but customers are very picky in 2015, as you can tell by my rant.

Mriley

Not Necessarily, I don't know what they're thinking or how they are packaging each trim level because the New Silver GT has the Fully Painted Bumper/Diffuser like the Red GT from California. The same goes for the Badging and Grills. There is a Mish Mash of Badges, Grills, Diffusers, and Wheels going on in the new batch of Pic's
I missed that one somehow. It doesn't look as bad on the Ingot but agree with most that colors like Competition Orange look terrible with it fully painted. From what I understand tooling trial cars like these are built according to how they would be mass produced and no longer a mishmash of parts from different trims. If so, that is no good..... I had assumed all along that the fully painted diffuser was only for the base model.

Please don't get this backwards Ford! :doh:

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I missed that one somehow. It doesn't look as bad on the Ingot but agree with most that colors like Competition Orange look terrible with it fully painted. From what I understand tooling trial cars like these are built according to how they would be mass produced and no longer a mishmash of parts from different trims. If so, that is no good..... I had assumed all along that the fully painted diffuser was only for the base model.

Please don't get this backwards Ford! :doh:

There has always been both a base v6 and base trim gt car. What you are seeing is the non premium trim cars have the fully painted diffuser and the premium models have the mixed one. Personally I like the mixed one but there will always be a base v8 car to keep the advertised price of entry down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
+1

Looks like all non-premium models get fully painted rear. Dumb IMO.

Just curious, why?

I like the differentiation with the premium model... So the premium car looks better, it is the "premium" model after all.

Jonny11Quest

Threads
Reaction score
Just curious, why?

I like the differentiation with the premium model... So the premium car looks better, it is the "premium" model after all.

I understand and agree with the need for differentiation. That's not my issue with the full painted rear end. I simply think it makes no sense style-wise. They can differentiate the models without making the non-premium look, well, "off". I can't get over the rear not matching the front and side skirts. Reminds me of the old Eclipses that I would see with low, huge aftermarket front bumper and side skirts, but stock rear end. Just doesn't match. /Rant over

But honestly, I'm all for the differentiation by means of different grilles, badges, heat extractors, spoilers, wheels, interior, etc. Just as long as each model can still look good on it's own. Premium can look premium, base can look base, but they should still "flow".

(Quotations around feelings that I find hard to put into words, lol)

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
It just looks cheap and retarded IMO. If they are going to put the Fully Painted Bumper/Diffuser on the car they need to Paint the Side Skirts and Splitter on the V-6. All GT's should have the Black Splitter, Side Skirts, and Black Trim on the Rear Diffuser. If Anything Ford should make the Base GT's Diffuser All Black and the Premium should get the Black and Painted Duffuser. As for the Eco-Boost I think it should be the same as the Base Model, Painted Splitter and Side Skirts, with the Fully Painted Diffuser and offer the Black Splitter, Skirts, and GT's Diffuser as an Appearance Package Option, and again the Black and Painted included as part of the Premium Trim.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
It just looks cheap and retarded IMO. If they are going to put the Fully Painted Bumper/Diffuser on the car they need to Paint the Side Skirts and Splitter on the V-6. All GT's should have the Black Splitter, Side Skirts, and Black Trim on the Rear Diffuser. If Anything Ford should make the Base GT's Diffuser All Black and the Premium should get the Black and Painted Duffuser. As for the Eco-Boost I think it should be the same as the Base Model, Painted Splitter and Side Skirts, with the Fully Painted Diffuser and offer the Black Splitter, Skirts, and GT's Diffuser as an Appearance Package Option, and again the Black and Painted included as part of the Premium Trim.
This. Do one or the other but stay consistent. Personally if push came to shove and we had to have either entirely black rear diffuser or entirely body color painted I'd choose painted but that is assuming they'd paint the side skirts and splitter to match. The black splitter and side skirts with a fully painted rear diffuser makes no sense. As it is they choose to do the side skirts and splitter in black on every model we've seen, so the rear valance outside trim should be black, with the inner portion in body color. I think that looks best and is completely consistent throughout the car. But your suggestions make perfect sense and I think would accommodate each trim level appropriately. We shall see.

Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
DSC00467 resize.jpg

This pic of Comp Orange looks better than many of the others that are either very red or very flat looking IMO.
DFW Comp Orange.jpg

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I understand and agree with the need for differentiation. That's not my issue with the full painted rear end. I simply think it makes no sense style-wise. They can differentiate the models without making the non-premium look, well, "off". I can't get over the rear not matching the front and side skirts. Reminds me of the old Eclipses that I would see with low, huge aftermarket front bumper and side skirts, but stock rear end. Just doesn't match. /Rant over

But honestly, I'm all for the differentiation by means of different grilles, badges, heat extractors, spoilers, wheels, interior, etc. Just as long as each model can still look good on it's own. Premium can look premium, base can look base, but they should still "flow".

(Quotations around feelings that I find hard to put into words, lol)
I think performance models should have sacrificial lower guard panels. If these areas are painted, they are usually destroyed even after light track/strip use. Just something to consider along with your differentiation preference. I also feel that's appropriate.