Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
DSC00467 resize.jpg

This pic of Comp Orange looks better than many of the others that are either very red or very flat looking IMO.
Sorry Johnny that's Not Competition Orange. That is the Same Race Red GT with the Base Center Stack, Recaros, Halogen Lights, and Painted Rear Bumper/Diffuser from the LA Reveal.
Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Sorry Johnny that's Not Competition Orange. That is the Same Race Red GT with the Base Center Stack, Recaros, Halogen Lights, and Painted Rear Bumper/Diffuser from the LA Reveal.
Not according to Ford it's not.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1838254715.346902.203722849714&type=1&theater

I know some pics distort the Race Red/CO but that's when there's some funky lighting, bad Instagram filter or really crappy camera. You can tell the colors are pretty accurate judging by the Tangerine Focus in the back.

Also that's not a GT, it's the EB.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Damnit again!

I just realized Tampa was talking about the other pic in the thread. :frusty:

Funny I thought that Race Red didn't look too red. I hope in person no one will be confusing these two colors.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I was talking about this one...

which is the same car as this...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Damnit again!

I just realized Tampa was talking about the other pic in the thread. :frusty:

Funny I thought that Race Red didn't look too red. I hope in person no one will be confusing these two colors.
Unfortunately I believe they will. I foresee people saying "I like your red car." to a lot of CO owners.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I believe they will. I foresee people saying "I like your red car." to a lot of CO owners.
well, i am not sure...
i am afraid, a lot of the confusion Comes from not having seen co and rr cars side by side under the same lightening conditions in Person
different lightening and diffent angles have a huge Impact on how a pic turns out (even more today using electronic cameras)

if you take a look here, you can clearly see the difference

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
well, i am not sure...
i am afraid, a lot of the confusion Comes from not having seen co and rr cars side by side under the same lightening conditions in Person
different lightening and diffent angles have a huge Impact on how a pic turns out (even more today using electronic cameras)

if you take a look here, you can clearly see the difference

Cover up the other colors with your hands and looks at CO and RR right next to each other. They are VERY close. Different but very close. The average person is going to see CO and call it red. It is a nice color, don't misunderstand me. I just need my orange to be orange, not red with hints of orange and people calling it red all the time.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I was thinking the very same thing when I first looked at this picture. In fact, I see a much larger difference between the two reds than I do race red and competition orange.

Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Yeah I was talking about this one...

which is the same car as this...

Yea good catch Shawn. I think i'll refrain from posting any more comp orange pics for fear of bad auto show/camera lighting lol, tho it is hard to tell. Look at how close the top one you say is race red is to the bottom REAL comp orange.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cover up the other colors with your hands and looks at CO and RR right next to each other. They are VERY close. Different but very close. The average person is going to see CO and call it red. It is a nice color, don't misunderstand me. I just need my orange to be orange, not red with hints of orange and people calling it red all the time.
Yes Mc Lane You can Clearly See the Difference but its more like the Difference between two Shades of Red. I have to agree with Free Agent. To Me an Orange needs to be Orange. For Me the 96 Tangerine Orange is One of the Best Orange Shades Ford has ever done.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
absolutely

usually sportscars are offered with Close-Ratio-transmissions

this one even offers a Close range colour range (from yellow to red (ruby)):D

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I'm OK with the Competition Orange but would like more yellow in the mix as per Grabber, Hemi and McLaren Orange. To me, CO calls for white graphics and the others black.

Mustang.eurolens.b07.KGP.ed-3281576662-O.jpg
Mustang.eurolens.b08.KGP.ed-3281576931-O.jpg
Mustang.eurolens.b09.KGP.ed-3281577029-O.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397406879.006293.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397406885.534720.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397406892.551050.jpg