Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

TheFrohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Agreed. Its a nice color don't get me wrong but looking at that picture it is about the same color as the red Ford truck next to it. I would think 9 out of 10 people would call it red on first impression. I'm sticking with TY, can't mistake it for any other color.
Not in person. Mustang was under a tree, f150 was not.
Picture was taken with a phone.
In person i guarantee 10 of 10 people would know it is orange.
Looks just like the comp orange that was on my buddies SVT Focus years ago.
Sponsored

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
I try to like Competition Orange but it's just too much 'grapefruit' and not enough orange to me. I personally don't like that much red in it. However, if you like it that is all that matters. I'd like to see an orange closer to this
red stripe.jpg
harr-gtr-01.jpg

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
dont know if its close enough
Thanks if it was that color I'd forget about TY. No mistaking that picture for ANY color other than orange. :)

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
This orange would have better filled the gap between Triple Yellow and Race Red. As it stands now we have two reds and an orange that looks red in certain lighting conditions. Just my opinion. Thanks for the render Chris.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
yes I like the orange shown above and also a metallic burnt orange. The current one doesn't wow me in pictures, but to be fair I must see it in person.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
When I saw CO in person it was definitely orange. There was no mistaking it for red even in the shade. I wouldn't worry about it looking red at all.

Sponsored

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Agreed. Its a nice color don't get me wrong but looking at that picture it is about the same color as the red Ford truck next to it. I would think 9 out of 10 people would call it red on first impression. I'm sticking with TY, can't mistake it for any other color.
CO is a very hard color to capture in a photograph. I had a CO Terminator and there was absolutely no mistaking the color. The same can be said for the CO Boss, as it is definitely orange and no way close to red.

I am actually torn on my decision between CO and IS. I love the pop of CO, but the IS just really looks great on this car.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
CO is a very hard color to capture in a photograph. I had a CO Terminator and there was absolutely no mistaking the color. The same can be said for the CO Boss, as it is definitely orange and no way close to red.

I am actually torn on my decision between CO and IS. I love the pop of CO, but the IS just really looks great on this car.
There are red highlights in CO under certain lighting but it's clearly orange in person.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
There are red highlights in CO under certain lighting but it's clearly orange in person.
My CO never looked red in the 3+ years that I owned it. I do agree that it is hard to get a good shot of the color in a photograph.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
My CO never looked red in the 3+ years that I owned it. I do agree that it is hard to get a good shot of the color in a photograph.
Off topic but that car is gorgeous.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Don't get me wrong, it is a nice color. My 2nd choice actually. But it is too close to the red end of the spectrum to become my favorite. It is red orange to me. I need a orange or orange-yellow. If TY would be cut from the palette, I'd go CO. :)
Sponsored