Sponsored

Cobra Jet intake install

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I leave that in the hands of my Tuner and Dyno Operator, I know neither want harm to come, and anything did happen I know it would not be any fault of theirs. I'm not up on these engines that much, whereas the push rod engine I have valve train weights and spring pressures in my experience, they do not transfer to this type of combo. As long as she can make thru Beech Bend, this winter I will be doing cams and valve train upgrades.
Itll hold. you need to throw a lot more at this car then your mods to blow it up. Youd need a crappy tuner to kill it at your power level. People are holding 650-700whp with no issues. Youve upgraded the two things that are week links at the 600-700whp power range already.
Sponsored

musthave302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6MT
looks sweet! do you have a catch can? lot of oil deposits for 9k miles. My 2015 gt is a week old and has 240 miles on it, debating whether to get the catch can or not . . .

can't wait for dyno numbers. Do you have dyno numbers before the swap? i assume you have a baseline with your other mods (maybe i missed it already)

good luck friday!!

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I take it Friday to get dyno tuned. Hopefully the molecular makeup of all the components and the fasteners are torqued properly, as a lot can happen at a dyno session that is out of everyone's hands. I have great confidence in the people I've chosen, but I also know the reality, having spent much time on dynos and loosing an engine I built and I was the one running the throttle. Most of you hear cool exhaust when a car is on a dyno...I can't help but think about valve springs, retainers, keepers and so on. I'm not worried about rich or lean as this is something everyone creeps up on. I will post the results as soon as I get them.

Sweet I can't wait to see what the CJ mani will do for the new coyote. I've seen the older ones make some good power all the way to the top of the RPM range and am excited to see what it can do for the S550. I can totally understand where you're coming from and I would be worried about similar things as well. When I went on the dyno I did pretty much a "stress" test, and asked the guy to run it back to back 3 times, I was cringing but I wanted to see if the car was consistent if it was being beat on. Good luck with your dyno test and can't wait to see the results! :thumbsup:

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Sub'd!

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NICE WORK. I may have missed it, but how much for everything that you have done? this is awesome btw. sub.

Novi331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP/AP
Dumb question here. I know I will have to remove the strut tower brace for this mod. But will the CJ manifold fit without lowering the engine? I realize that is not a hard thing to do, just curious.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Dumb question here. I know I will have to remove the strut tower brace for this mod. But will the CJ manifold fit without lowering the engine? I realize that is not a hard thing to do, just curious.

Cowl hood or lower the engine.

Sponsored

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Road Trip

This is RBS550`s dad he is busy at work and can not sneak in fun time on the computer. He rented a trailer last night because he can not road trip in the Stang till it`s dyno tuned by team Beef Cake & Lund, It`s ready for the 5 hour trip when he gets off from work. He will give us some updates when he can:headbang:
RB E85.jpg

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
N/A is cool. Hopefully your adding another 750-1000 useful rpm and 50 rwhp.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Subd

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I'm a big N/A stick fan, in this case I went auto. I know we'll never hang with the power adder group, but now and then you can take one down. I'm not out to beat other Stangs, just other brands. While I may go a little far at times with my combo, it still gives hope for the N/A crowd, as with N/A you can buy a piece at a time and still put it on your car, unlike a power adder where pretty much everything needs to be there all at once. This intake is a little much right now, but it'll fit the bigger picture in the future.
Your always out to beat EVERYONE:D. At least that was my motto with the Torino Cobra, after the GM and MOPAR boys I use to love to beat up on Mustangs when I could.:ford:
Very good work by the way!
Sponsored