2016 GT350 Track Pack
I dont see why it wouldnt
Sponsored

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
How long do you guys estimate it should take a Ford tech to install it?
Now that I've done a couple, I would say it takes me a half hour to install the splitter. First one took me just over an hour, as I was taking my time (and checking out all the differences + everyone wanting to talk about/check out the car too haha).

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
One tip for those doing this on their own.

I am not a big fan of rubber mallets :-) unless absolutely required.

I used some string to create loops that I put around each tab to be inserted into the facia. As I brought the splitter to the facia I pulled the tabs up to meet the slots in the facia. Worked them in the order that they contacted the facia. No pounding, just a firm push and they went in and engaged.

The 45 degrees were not fun and I did have to find one inside the facia as it feel in, which was PIA and took a little time.

Took me about an hour, using the string method from the start I could do it in 30 minutes is my guess.

Amazing what 7 cents of string does on a $60K car!

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
I picked up my car a week ago after the dealership installed my splitter. Today I took the car out for a drive, one of the first nice days to do so. At 283 miles the leading edge of the splitter "came unhinged" so to speak and made an ungodly noise that scared the sh.. out of me. It didn't come off completely so I had to limp home at 40 mph or the thing would start to vibrate the front end off.
When I took delivery of the car I made sure to look at the splitter to see if it was installed correctly. It seemed to be on correctly but it's hard to see due to the car being so low to the ground.
Since I bought the car at a dealership 3 hours away, I going to take it to the local dealership to see what needs to be done. The splitter is toast, I'm just hoping it didn't do any other damage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
You may want to check to see if the dealer used all the fasteners (screws and clips that came with it). I've found a couple instances (my own included) where they did not. I found at least one instance where they had not used the critical (IMO) "45 degree" screws.

Post up some pics if you're so inclined. If there's one thing I've learned during my GT350 experience it's Ford dealers and their service departments cannot be trusted.

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
You may want to check to see if the dealer used all the fasteners (screws and clips that came with it). I've found a couple instances (my own included) where they did not. I found at least one instance where they had not used the critical (IMO) "45 degree" screws.

Post up some pics if you're so inclined. If there's one thing I've learned during my GT350 experience it's Ford dealers and their service departments cannot be trusted.
I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures yet!
I talked to the dealer that installed it. According to them, they followed the installation instructions to the tee. I'm pretty sure that the splitter isn't supposed to come unhinged like it did.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Of course it shouldn't. As far as "According to them" see my prior statement about how much you can trust what a Ford dealer staff member is saying to you. :)

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I decided to tackle the install myself, rather than rely on a dealer tech who may be enthusiastic to work on the only GT350 that's been through the dealership, but probably wouldn't be permitted to spend several hours figuring it out. Plus, I like to be as involved with my cars as I can.

Quick question for those that installed their splitters themselves, or have really looked at one installed by a dealer: did your fastening points line up reasonably well, and have all your j-clips actually worked to properly secure the screws?

My 45 degree fastener alignment was pretty bad and required re-positioning the splitter three times, and all of the rear edge fastening points are several mm off the j-clip locations on the belly pan. And, three of the j-clips that were pre-installed on the belly pan failed.

I spent a solid three hours on this in order to avoid rushing, breaking plastic, or scratching paint, and still need to replace those j-clips so that every screw is properly fastened.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I decided to tackle the install myself, rather than rely on a dealer tech who may be enthusiastic to work on the only GT350 that's been through the dealership, but probably wouldn't be permitted to spend several hours figuring it out. Plus, I like to be as involved with my cars as I can.

Quick question for those that installed their splitters themselves, or have really looked at one installed by a dealer: did your fastening points line up reasonably well, and have all your j-clips actually worked to properly secure the screws?

My 45 degree fastener alignment was pretty bad and required re-positioning the splitter three times, and all of the rear edge fastening points are several mm off the j-clip locations on the belly pan. And, three of the j-clips that were pre-installed on the belly pan failed.

I spent a solid three hours on this in order to avoid rushing, breaking plastic, or scratching paint, and still need to replace those j-clips so that every screw is properly fastened.
You are not alone. I have 2 j-clips that need to be replaced as well. I just have not gotten over to the dealer yet. The worst part for me was the damn half moon clips. I spent 30 mins alone on one.

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
You are not alone. I have 2 j-clips that need to be replaced as well. I just have not gotten over to the dealer yet. The worst part for me was the damn half moon clips. I spent 30 mins alone on one.
I had to widen the 45 degree openings slightly to get proper alignment. And yes the dreaded white half moon clips! Two went very easily, one went with a little difficulty, and the last one (front passenger side) took about 30-45 minutes. Used every tool in the box to squeeze that one in. It's definitely a job for someone with patience and a tolerance for fascia coolers digging into the backs of their hands for a while.

Last edited:

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The half-moons started out as a problem, but I was quickly able to push the splitter and fascia pieces close enough together that installation became a . . . snap. It literally was the difference of a fraction of a mm to make installing those clips possible.

While working behind the wheel well liners, did anyone look at their oil cooler? Mine has three places where masking take was wrapped around the hose-to-fitting connections. WTF? That's jinky. I also found several areas on brake / wheel sensors and the shock body where there was cheap tape in various stages of falling off. Don't know if that was for assembly identification or what, but it sure looked cheap.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
After calling the Service Director at my dealership, he asked me to send him the install video. He was not aware of any splitter issues on GT350's. After watching it, he set an appt. for me that day with his Service Mgr. and head shop foreman. They also allowed me in the garage so I could watch. Very rare, but I was still very nervous from previous mishaps. They removed and replaced it correctly in about an hour, using the video step by step. They saved the day, because I was about to hammer them on my Customer Evaluation Score.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Well my splitter LOOKED fine, but in hindsight, I should have just taken it off and installed it myself. The front of it detached from the fascia at high speed and proceeded to destroy itself against the asphalt in short order.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well my splitter LOOKED fine, but in hindsight, I should have just taken it off and installed it myself. The front of it detached from the fascia at high speed and proceeded to destroy itself against the asphalt in short order.
That's terrible to read. When it comes time for replacement please share what the cost ends up being.... The part itself
Sponsored