check engine light

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Have they found the cause of the misfires? Was your GT a stock orders? Odd that none of the other owners have had the same issue. The coyote motor has been in Mustangs for a few years now, odd that it would develop this problem now.

Let us know what happens.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
nothing yet mechanic has been in Contac with ford (I was told this by the lady in front) and that they sent him a 20 page diagnosis sheet to start checking things. I was told by the dealer that the mechanic said he thinks its ether the pcm going bad or hell have to check the valves and cams ect on the bank 2 side. if that doesn't all work with the 20 page diagnosis manual. and the pcm test along with the bank 2 head check. ford engineering going to have to get evolve possible fly down to asses.

OP
OP

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
man I wish they would take it back and give me another one.I really like my car ford did a nice job on this one.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Well, under the "Lemon Law", your car has been in the shop for the same problem twice. If it goes in a 3rd time for the same issue, by law they have to give you a new vehicle. Sucks that it has to take so long.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
no you have to had bought the extended warranty. 45,000 car and no loaner with basic warranty a first for me
That's horse hockey... maybe it's dealer specific, I dropped my current daily driver off (I won't mention the make, it's Japanese) to get some regular maintenance done (90,000 mile service) and they told me because of the number of cars in that day for service it would be all day, so they gave me rental... but told me I would not be charged for it, and I wasn't. BTW, my normal and extended warranties were both long expired.

Sponsored

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
going bring in my car for the second time. the first time they cleared the code it had multiple misfire codes along with the crank sensor I had the mechanic go drive it and it was fine so great will I was driving home about 57 miles later after visiting my buddy I went out and started it up and bam rough idle and cel on so I shut it off and restarted it cel on but runs fantastic i plugged my diagnostics tool in just to read the codes lost the codes but it said crank sensor and #8 cylinder misfire so any way i m bringing in to dealer hopefully they'll hook me up

only mod is cat back it was doing before it also and after words
My Ruby Red GT I picked up last Thursday Ck Eng Lt came on this weekend (172 miles). Still drives great. Owners manual on pg 132-133 says OBD thinks it's a problem with the emissions system. Hope it clears. Please keep us updated on your situation and I'll do same.

OP
OP

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I sure will with the holidays here just going to take time im sure the mechanics will have time off this week I hope

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
extended warranty or safety recalls will get you rental coverage, a "loaner" is sometimes provided by dealership themselves if they want to carry the expense of having them.

Intermittent problems are always hard to diagnose, try to be patient enough to allow them to fix it right the first time. Rushing it or pressuring for a loaner won't get the car back to running right.

OP
OP

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
b-fox I totally agree they told me about a loaner car rules I said ok with a smile now they did give me a ride to my house about 15 miles away not to shabby

OrlandoJJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Fastback Premium
I had a similar intermittent CEL issue with another brand (VW) and after 2 failed fixes, they had to keep the car for almost a month while they swapped out parts and brought in experts from HQ. I got a free loaner, a month's car payment refund, and an equal amount toward free VW accessories. I didn't have any extended warranty, and had never bought a vehicle from this dealership. It all gets charged to the parent company - has nothing to do with the dealership. You just have to ask.

Sponsored

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
Ford is watching closely for issues right now on Mustangs, there's a good chance engineering will get involved.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Crank position sensor will be the problem. My 13GT had the same problems that you have said. Changed the sensor and reflashed the computer, no problems after that.

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Had CEL read today at dealer. Says it's a bad emissions valve. Car drives OK and dealer said no problem driving it. They'll have a fix after the holidays.

OP
OP

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I went to my dealer and grab my car the mechanic depot was walking around with no care in the world . :mad: I had them hook all the electrical plugs back up on the injectors etc. on the other thing they pulled off reflashed my pcm and cleared all codes out even though it was cleared already had them do it again. Got in my car and left 200 miles no cel light and drives like a dream maybe they wiggled a plug and it made a good contact any way happy miles ahead hopefully ALLWAYS BRING THE CAR TO WEAR YOU BOUGHT IT FROM MY LESSON LEARNED!!! I had to bring it to the closet ford dealer due to my work week. that's the only reason why I did it. now I will make sure I drive 2hrs to the dealer I bought it from they have there arms wide open for me. sorry just venting

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Check Eng Light Fixed

My Ruby Red GT I picked up last Thursday Ck Eng Lt came on this weekend (172 miles). Still drives great. Owners manual on pg 132-133 says OBD thinks it's a problem with the emissions system. Hope it clears. Please keep us updated on your situation and I'll do same.
Dealer found a misaligned plug going to one of the sensors in the evap system(?). Anyway, they reseated it and no more light. Pony drives great.
Sponsored