stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Does anyone know of ceramic pads that fit the GT/PP Brembos? I'm over the brake dust.
Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I am right there with you. Willing to give up some initially bite on braking to lose the dust.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
DO NOT GET HAWK PADS!! They are terrible. The first set I had wasn't too bad, just moderate dusting. The second set, my passenger front pad cracked in half and destroyed my rotor. The replacement set they sent me dusted sooo bad even though they are supposed to be low dust. I switched to EBC Yellowstuff and haven't looked back since. They also have Orangestuff for race applications and Redstuff is their ceramic. I haven't checked yet to see if they have anything for the 2015 but if/when they do, that's what i'll be running.

EDIT: NVM, I am using the redstuff pads right now. I confused myself with the colors I actually went outside and double checked, haha. They are the ceramics and practically zero dust.
http://ebcbrakes.com/product/redstuff-brake-pads/

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
DO NOT GET HAWK PADS!! They are terrible. The first set I had wasn't too bad, just moderate dusting. The second set, my passenger front pad cracked in half and destroyed my rotor. The replacement set they sent me dusted sooo bad even though they are supposed to be low dust. I switched to EBC Yellowstuff and haven't looked back since. They also have Orangestuff for race applications and Redstuff is their ceramic. I haven't checked yet to see if they have anything for the 2015 but if/when they do, that's what i'll be running.

EDIT: NVM, I am using the redstuff pads right now. I confused myself with the colors I actually went outside and double checked, haha. They are the ceramics and practically zero dust.

http://ebcbrakes.com/product/redstuff-brake-pads/

BlackWidow, which pads were you using specifically? The multiple sets of HPS have held up great with minimal dusting and my buddy has used both HPS and HP+ on his 2005 mustang with nothing but excellent to say. I've had bad experiences with EBC in the past and hated the greenstuff pads I used when I was running in the JDM crowd.

snowman4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
StopTech PosiQuiet is a great low dust pad and should be a great option for most people.
Just keep in mind that you will reduce your brake system performance when you move over to a low dust pad.
As a rule of thumb, as dust and noise levels go down so does the coefficient of friction. Cant have a low dust, low noise pad that has the same braking characteristics as a "performance" pad. Any time that I have driven a low dust pad, not only did initial brake tq go down, but so did high temperature stopping power and resistance to fade.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
BlackWidow, which pads were you using specifically? The multiple sets of HPS have held up great with minimal dusting and my buddy has used both HPS and HP+ on his 2005 mustang with nothing but excellent to say. I've had bad experiences with EBC in the past and hated the greenstuff pads I used when I was running in the JDM crowd.
I've always used Hawk pads with no problems as well. They did have a decent amount of brake dust and fade with the HPS I had on my last car though.

StoneRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
anyone have a part number for the front pads that fit the GT PP

Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
StopTech PosiQuiet is a great low dust pad and should be a great option for most people.
Just keep in mind that you will reduce your brake system performance when you move over to a low dust pad.
As a rule of thumb, as dust and noise levels go down so does the coefficient of friction. Cant have a low dust, low noise pad that has the same braking characteristics as a "performance" pad. Any time that I have driven a low dust pad, not only did initial brake tq go down, but so did high temperature stopping power and resistance to fade.
Not always true. Look at Carbotech Bobcat pads. Low dust, low noise, superior braking performance. Higher cost though.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
They first two sets were HPS pads and then the replacement set they sent me was the HP+. Honestly, I had used all three for a total of almost 5 years and was never 100% satisfied. Not to mention going through three sets of pads in that time span. I drove the dragon a few times and my daily driving style is moderately aggressive but that's still not a very long time.

The first set of HPS pads weren't horrible they just dusted more than I would have liked. If the set I bought to replace them hadn't been so bad I may have stuck with it but I am glad I switched to EBC. The initial bite is about the same but the mid-range bite gives me a better pedal feel.It also doesn't seem like I have to press as hard to get the same result as the HPS pads.

This is an older C&D article but it is pretty inline with what my experience was. http://blog.caranddriver.com/performance-brake-pads-compared-hawk-hps-hawk-hp-plus-ebc-yellowstuff/

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I had Hawk Ceramics on my S4. They were quieter that stock and about eliminated dust with no perceivable reduction in braking performance on the street.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
bumping this back to the top.

i have about 3000mi on my oem brembos and i'm sick of the dust and now squealing from the pads.

if i change to ceramics or similar, is it still possible to keep my oem rotors? they aren't warped, but i'm being told that used rotors should always be machined when getting new pads, and it with machine shop labor rates these days it would be cheaper to buy new again?
Sponsored

Last edited: