Trout1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hello Members,
New to this forum, been lurking for some time but now I’m in.
2020 GT 10r80, 355 gears, Steeda lowering springs, otherwise all stock and I live in the forsaken state of California. Would love some feedback on the ESS or ProCharger opinions and for now leave the motor stock. Any advice or recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Circle D converter is not going on. Shop messaged me. Bellhousing is cracked on housing lug. Car is not driven hard or dogged on at all. Anyone else experienced or heard of this? If Ford doesn't fix under warranty best place order new 1 from?

received_398437809471150.jpeg

received_303274819174804.jpeg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Members,
New to this forum, been lurking for some time but now I’m in.
2020 GT 10r80, 355 gears, Steeda lowering springs, otherwise all stock and I live in the forsaken state of California. Would love some feedback on the ESS or ProCharger opinions and for now leave the motor stock. Any advice or recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I don't know the rules out in Cali, or if ESS is certified out there, but zero complaints on my kit.. If I get another S550, I will pick up another kit.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Just forwarded to shop thats working on my car
One other thing to note. Those cracks are in the engine block, not the transmission bellhousing. The only fix is to replace the engine, or maybe someone could weld the cracks shut.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One other thing to note. Those cracks are in the engine block, not the transmission bellhousing. The only fix is to replace the engine, or maybe someone could weld the cracks shut.
What shop said. Replace shortblock is only fix

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
What shop said. Replace shortblock is only fix
Find a local shop or metal fabricator that does TIG welding and have them weld the cracks shut before you put the MMR block brace on

OP
OP
Trout1

Trout1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I don't know the rules out in Cali, or if ESS is certified out there, but zero complaints on my kit.. If I get another S550, I will pick up another kit.
Thanks, ESS is not CARB certified but Pro Charger is. I don’t need to have a smog check until 2028. So might as well go with the ESS stage 2. What tuner did you use?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, ESS is not CARB certified but Pro Charger is. I don’t need to have a smog check until 2028. So might as well go with the ESS stage 2. What tuner did you use?
I use Wengerd. Couldn't be happier with my choice.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, found a shop in Sacramento highly rated for this type of install. 2k to install?
I can't comment on the install price at a shop, I did mine myself... but that seems steep, I thought shops were charging around $1k to install these, and honestly I feel like that is almost too much, they are super simple and straight forward installs with the ESS kit.

Nobuemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nikita
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, found a shop in Sacramento highly rated for this type of install. 2k to install?
2k is far too steep, if you don’t find anything cheaper then I’d suggest driving down to the LA area to get it done and saving about half of that money. On top of that, you’ll have a lot of fun driving back in a boosted car!

Edit: it takes an inexperienced person 6-8 hours to get it done, a shop that knows what goes where would do it faster.

OP
OP
Trout1

Trout1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
2k is far too steep, if you don’t find anything cheaper then I’d suggest driving down to the LA area to get it done and saving about half of that money. On top of that, you’ll have a lot of fun driving back in a boosted car!

Edit: it takes an inexperienced person 6-8 hours to get it done, a shop that knows what goes where would do it faster.
Thanks for your feedback, I will look around more.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That oil pan will also need to come down before welding, as there will be lots of heat generated when stitching up the crack.

I wish I knew what was causing these GT blocks to crack, especially on a 2022. It seems like it’s caused by the same issue as the GT350, harmonics and vibration. I also wonder if this problem is more prevalent in auto tranny cars than manuals when it comes to the GT?

I got lucky and was able to install the MMR braces (14 months ago) before a crack developed on my 2019.

1710672598727-uo.jpg

1710672656306-v2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: