Sponsored

Cars.com 2018 Mustang GT Drag Test

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ford paid 4k for each CF rim for the lackluster GT350R?
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
And it looks like car and driver tested one to a 12.1@120MPH.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...th-review-performance-and-driving-impressions

My guess on the first excuse:
It's the same color...must be the same "ringer" used in the other test.
Clearly Ford has them in their pockets. Also the article write up is good but their graph and charting are confusing how they are using 2016, 2017 models in the comparisons. Maybe it's a typo on most of them though.

OP
OP
Arthonon

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Clearly Ford has them in their pockets. Also the article write up is good but their graph and charting are confusing how they are using 2016, 2017 models in the comparisons. Maybe it's a typo on most of them though.
Yeah, I thought that it was a little confusing too. The only thing I could think of is that they were using the information from previous years and then adding a section about what's new with the '18, since it's an MCE and not a completely new refresh.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
It’s funny that they don’t mention that it takes GM 1.2 Liters more to do what the Coyote does. Lol

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
How do you get lackluster from a car that every professional reviewer has fawned over as one of the best track cars made?

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Because Camaro fanboys can’t Appreciate anything except for what GM spoon feeds them. .. they insist on being blind brand loyal Nut swingers.

How do you get lackluster from a car that every professional reviewer has fawned over as one of the best track cars made?

Sponsored

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They'll have more ammo when Motor Trend runs their typical mid-12's. :D
I don't think motortrend is going to touch the A10. They'll run the PP2 and that will be it.

Oh...more excuses:

"The SS shift to 5th just after 110 hurts it’s trap speed"
"Needs the gearing and shifting of a drag mode a10 to be on par"
"Looks like the coyote can’t compete with the lt1 motor to motor"
"Regardless the test wasn’t same day anyway."

I love the last one. The accept the results from car and driver when it was faster than the mustang, but now that no single major magazine has tested the camaro to be within 0.2 of the A10 PP1, it's no longer valid.

They are the most delusional fan-base I have ever seen....seriously.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't think motortrend is going to touch the A10. They'll run the PP2 and that will be it.

Oh...more excuses:

I love the last one. The accept the results from car and driver when it was faster than the mustang, but now that no single major magazine has tested the camaro to be within 0.2 of the A10 PP1, it's no longer valid.

I have a few friends that are LS loyals. They take the whole LS VS everything a little serious and they do not like coming last. That's why they will spray 500 shot of gas just to win a race against a Ford even if it sends the engine into a thousand pieces you know because they can pick another one up from a junkyard for $200. My one friend who just ran a 10.6 (but blew his trans on the run lol, pulled a 1.4) in his 99 SS bolton + 150 shot rode in my car the night I got it and surprisingly really liked the car. When I got my 16 GT and not the SS, boy did I get some shit from him.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase

Oh...more excuses:

Their auto shifts early to 5th? So the Camaro lacks a drag mode? I need to talk my buddy into buying one instead of the Mustang! :thumbsup:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a few friends that are LS loyals. They take the whole LS VS everything a little serious and they do not like coming last. That's why they will spray 500 shot of gas just to win a race against a Ford even if it sends the engine into a thousand pieces you know because they can pick another one up from a junkyard for $200. My one friend who just ran a 10.6 (but blew his trans on the run lol, pulled a 1.4) in his 99 SS bolton + 150 shot rode in my car the night I got it and surprisingly really liked the car. When I got my 16 GT and not the SS, boy did I get some shit from him.
Some people have serious issues....and most of them own Camaros.

Their auto shifts early to 5th? So the Camaro lacks a drag mode? I need to talk my buddy into buying one instead of the Mustang! :thumbsup:
Seriously lol, the fun never ends. :lol:
Sponsored