Cars.com 2018 Mustang GT Drag Test

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
I call BS on their times with the 2016... and why aren’t they comparing 6 speeds or auto?

Agree. I got a 4.6s on my 2nd try, all stock, before the PP2. Must of sent his grandma to do the test that day.

NFW that engine and tranny comb Is 0.7 sec? quicker. Not saying the 3.99 isn't real, just that the 4.7 is a really bad joke.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
As someone coming from a 2016 M6 PP to the 2018 A10 PP, stock form I can't even compare it to the 2016 when I got it. It just feels completely different. While actual performance numbers we gauge are only in the hundreths of a seconds, I also before owning the 18 told myself "there's no way you can notice that" however after actually going from the one to the other, I notice it. I didn't when I tested the A10 in a 3.15 but something about the A10 with 3.55 change this car into something that doesn't feel like a Mustang. But this is also my first auto in a car that has power to make it fun so I can't really compare it to an auto prior to 2018.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
As someone coming from a 2016 M6 PP to the 2018 A10 PP, stock form I can't even compare it to the 2016 when I got it. It just feels completely different. While actual performance numbers we gauge are only in the hundreths of a seconds, I also before owning the 18 told myself "there's no way you can notice that" however after actually going from the one to the other, I notice it. I didn't when I tested the A10 in a 3.15 but something about the A10 with 3.55 change this car into something that doesn't feel like a Mustang. But this is also my first auto in a car that has power to make it fun so I can't really compare it to an auto prior to 2018.
The A10 did wonders for allowing the mustang to stay in the powerband. It's by far the biggest performance upgrade. If you look at the M6 to M6 1/4 mile delta it's noticeable....but not huge. The A10 however is a game changer for the mustang in 1/4 mile performance.

With that said, I still prefer rowing gears. :thumbsup:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
With that said, I still prefer rowing gears. :thumbsup:
Ya that's exactly right. When I step on the gas now the car just never stops pulling and that's what I'm not use to. My biggest worry was going from a manual as I have ALWAYS had one but figured I'd take a leap of faith. I do every kind of driving, some drag, canyon, track, cruising, and just highway driving to work. I figured the auto, assuming it was actually living to the hype would be a great substitute for all those things. Lay down consitent timing at the stip and not embarrassing myself with 3rd gear lockouts lol and still proving an engaging experience on the mountains. So far I have not missed shifting a gear. I used paddles last Monday on tight mountain roads and was just as much engaged an actually felt more safe being able to keep both hands on the wheel when shifting. The only thing I will say are the paddles are too short for when you are into a big turn, they are hard to hit but they have extensions you can buy I guess.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Camaro excuses already starting to trickle in.

1) It's the same ringer car that Ford gave Evan Smith.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I must admit,I am envious of the 10 speed Auto. My 17 PP 6 speed is a blast but it’s a burnout monster.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I must admit,I am envious of the 10 speed Auto. My 17 PP 6 speed is a blast but it’s a burnout monster.
During my test drive I was blown away by how this thing shifts. For my first automatic I am VERY happy!

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I kinda wish I would have gone with an A6 but there was no PP auto in 2017 and I was set on grabber blue.

During my test drive I was blown away by how this thing shifts. For my first automatic I am VERY happy!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Fake news!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Although the first A10 I test drove was a 3.15 months before testing the one I purchased and while I thought it was interesting it didn't wow me like driving the A10 with the 3.55 gears did. They are the perfect combo in the A10 for people who do less top speed runs and enjoys getting to speed limits very quickly!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Good God, they are idiots over at the Camaro forum. They still don't believe the mustang to be an 11 second factory car even when a "non-professional", impartial publication runs and documents it.

I can't wait for their next excuse!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good God, they are idiots over at the Camaro forum. They still don't believe the mustang to be an 11 second factory car even when a "non-professional", impartial publication runs and documents it.

Gotta love em.:love:

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Remember when camaro owners used to say “mustang ain’t shit without a blower”.... wonder how that crow tastes since a wee little stock N/A 5.0 is knocking on the ZL1 track times.

Sponsored