Car wash brings the pu**y

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
So every time I wash my car, the neighbor cat decides in the middle of the night to jump onto it and take a piss on it. As I understand it, cats do this because they have a medical condition that is call a lead deficiency which apparently can be fixed by putting a couple of bullets up their rear. Unfortunately that method is not really available to me. Mine is a daily driver so it'll be a pain to put car cover on it each time. I'm contemplating lacing the floor around the car with super hot chilli powder. Does anyone else suffer from similar issue and have a solution?

I'm using Meguiars Gold Class car wash. I'm pretty sure it's the scent of the car wash doing it. Since the damn thing only ever climb onto the car when it's nice and shiny. I have considered changing car wash too.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
So every time I wash my car, the neighbor cat decides in the middle of the night to jump onto it and take a piss on it.
I was instantly reminded of this.

:crazy:

[ame]

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So every time I wash my car, the neighbor cat decides in the middle of the night to jump onto it and take a piss on it. As I understand it, cats do this because they have a medical condition that is call a lead deficiency which apparently can be fixed by putting a couple of bullets up their rear. Unfortunately that method is not really available to me. Mine is a daily driver so it'll be a pain to put car cover on it each time. I'm contemplating lacing the floor around the car with super hot chilli powder. Does anyone else suffer from similar issue and have a solution?

I'm using Meguiars Gold Class car wash. I'm pretty sure it's the scent of the car wash doing it. Since the damn thing only ever climb onto the car when it's nice and shiny. I have considered changing car wash too.
Post it on gumtree, I'm sure some people would pay some money to receive this service. Use the money to wash the car = profit :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ryosaeba

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I was instantly reminded of this.

:crazy:

That is bloody genius! lol But seems like a lot of work and equipment though.

Post it on gumtree, I'm sure some people would pay some money to receive this service. Use the money to wash the car = profit :thumbsup:
Don't think the money is enough to cover a repaint from the cat scratch though. :( Thankfully I don't see any scratches yet.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Buy a possum trap and throw a mouse in there. Then send it off to the pound so the owners have to fork out to retrieve it.

I hate cat owners who let their pets run around like a wild animal.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Buy a possum trap
You can borrow possum traps from a lot of councils.

I'm told some cats don't like strong citrus smells or coffee smells so spraying a strong citrus cleaner around might be a good first step as it's obviously not going to hurt anything. If you have access to coffee grinds you could spread those around but obviously they're just going to blow away and be a bit of a mess anyway.

You can buy water squirters that are trigged by movement but from what I've read the cat learns to avoid them.

They'd hate getting anything stuck to their paws so laying down sheets of self adhesive book covering would be effective apart from again the wind and ongoing cost.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase

Slug gun !

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you move to America, specifically south Georgia, you will have the ability to put as many bullets as you want up a suspect feline with your choice from your arsenal located in your basement, next to your shelves of canned foods, in case the world ends (or aliens).

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Is a BB gun an available solution ? I use for geese crapping all over my driveway and they typically stay away for at least few months after and it's (most of the time) non lethal.

OP
OP
ryosaeba

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
If you move to America, specifically south Georgia, you will have the ability to put as many bullets as you want up a suspect feline with your choice from your arsenal located in your basement, next to your shelves of canned foods, in case the world ends (or aliens).
Wish I could! :lol:But it also means I'd have to fly the damn cat over. Fucker is not getting a free flight anywhere! Especially alive.

Is a BB gun an available solution ? I use for geese crapping all over my driveway and they typically stay away for at least few months after and it's (most of the time) non lethal.
Unfortunately no. I live in a nanny state country. No guns and no toys that looks like guns.

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
if you take to pound you have to say it was harassing your cat otherwise they wont take it, had the same problem a few years back. Got rid of three and haven't seen one since. The last straw for me was when I was washing my GTR one day and left the doors open in preparation to vacuum the inside walked three metres away to grab vac and a cat had jumped in the car,pissed on the seat and took off.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm the resident cat guy and what you have going on here is literally a pissing contest. The neighbors cat views your vehicle as a high value property so he's marking it to keep other cats away. He will continue to do so until it is no longer valuable to him/her. You can expedite this process with a product like this
http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...s_rgEoRd8niy6L3-22xNUaAqLm8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a compressed air can with a motion sensor attached. Rest a towel near the area the cats pissing and leave this can overnight. After a few days he should get the message.

I would also politely talk to your neighbors and remind them that outdoor cats are the single biggest killers of wild birds and reduces their life expectancy.
Sponsored