2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Just had a look on car sales
209 V8s for sale
Seems there is about 10 a week been added over the last month
All hard tops from 2015 to 17
Prices from 58k to 130k
Has the ANCAP rating caused this spike?
Thoughts?
Hey mate, it has nothing to do with the ancap rating, a mustang is a mustang and it will always be a mustang. The reason so many more cars are showing up for sale is because ford has decided to build more cars (mustangs) so the wait is no longer around, in saying that, over the next few months, there will most likely be no wait on the Mustang. Also you have to consider the fact ford has released images of its new shape mustang in 2018 so that's canceled a lot of orders and people want to wait for the new shape.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Yep, beginning of February 302 Mustangs on Carsales. Includes junk Ford promotional ads. March now 409 cars for sale.
Christmas there were 14 V8 convertibles for sale.
Late February, 42, with 14 in Victoria alone.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
If I was looking to buy now, I would be calling dealers to see what's in stock and available - definitely wouldn't just walk into a dealer and order/wait, only do that if I couldn't find what I was after by ringing around.
Ford is sending many more this way now and are allowing dealers to sell unwanted cars instead of putting them back into the pool.
Had a 6 hour round trip to Brisvegas on the weekend and saw 5 new stangs, there are plenty around now with many more due in.

Cheers

J

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
There have been some nicely modified mustangs pop up around late 60s and selling for mid 60s.

There is definitely still a demand for them

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
The other trend I'm noticing is the EB, especially convertibles seem to stay there forever.
DIB in Vic now $52 K. Magnetic EBs in northern states been there forever.

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Yeah the era of the 'add $10,000 to skip the queue' has ended.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
The other trend I'm noticing is the EB, especially convertibles seem to stay there forever.
There were EB FBs and verts available in Syd when I was shopping back in Oct. Typically Race Red or Magnetic.

Supply is certainly catching up to demand.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
There were EB FBs and verts available in Syd when I was shopping back in Oct. Typically Race Red or Magnetic.

Supply is certainly catching up to demand.
My18 is just around the corner. So many would be swapping/cancelling orders as well. You would only be buying a MY17 with a good discount now.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
My18 is just around the corner. So many would be swapping/cancelling orders as well. You would only be buying a MY17 with a good discount now.
Disagree completely with this, no date for MY18 has been announced for Australia. I have asked Ford many times when we are likely to receive it and they have said that they will know more closer to the end of the year. Also they cannot provide a specs list for what will be on the car. What you see in America will not be the specs list for our car.

Stock cars still are being sold near retail, with modified attracting a small premium, not like previous mark up.

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i also think there are quiet a few out there who bought (early) cars with no intention of keeping it so they can have some fun while it is still selling for more than rrp or equal. now that the 10k bonus has ended time to sell before they lose money.

on hindsight, maybe i should't have ordered last year, and will be in one now.!!!

and there is no news of how long the land down under have to wait to get its first shipment of my2018. i rather have my2017 for 12 months rather than wait. imagine if 2018 is only a facelift, 10k bonus will back faster than the mustang goes from 0-60mph

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Was taking some pics of Lightning Blue GT Fastback at Ford dealer in GEELong yesterday. Said they've been told not to expect anything until late 3rd quarter of next year.

Last edited:

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Disagree completely with this, no date for MY18 has been announced for Australia. I have asked Ford many times when we are likely to receive it and they have said that they will know more closer to the end of the year. Also they cannot provide a specs list for what will be on the car. What you see in America will not be the specs list for our car.

Stock cars still are being sold near retail, with modified attracting a small premium, not like previous mark up.
Spot on, my dealer told me exactly the same, no specs, no time frame and no pricing until early next year on the 2018 model.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

Ford dealers main job is to keep shifting MY17 cars. Of course they don't know what's going on. Let's just look at things objectively. MY18 production will start later this year, for a september release in the states. Does it make sense to produce two different cars? Probably not. So if they make RHD MY18 cars this year you should see them early next year in export markets. My car was built late dec15 and i took delivery mid march16. As far as specs go, MY18 Will have more power, 10speed auto, the much wanted digital speedo/dash and many other improvements yet to be confirmed for export. All export cars will have autonomous aids to improve on EuroNCAP/ANCAP scores. That's a given. MY18 is the car that the s550 should have been straight up, minus maybe the new front which has been reshaped and dropped for pedestrian safety i guess. Again, for ANCAP star ratings. I say this as an objective MY16 owner. The quickest way to lose money on a car is to buy it just before a new model arrives. Mustang is not immune to this, so a good discount is in order at this point. Ford needs to manage this situation carefully, otherwise MY17mustang will be in oversupply soon.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Ford dealers main job is to keep shifting MY17 cars. Of course they don't know what's going on. Let's just look at things objectively. MY18 production will start later this year, for a september release in the states. Does it make sense to produce two different cars? Probably not. So if they make RHD MY18 cars this year you should see them early next year in export markets. My car was built late dec15 and i took delivery mid march16. As far as specs go, MY18 Will have more power, 10speed auto, the much wanted digital speedo/dash and many other improvements yet to be confirmed for export. All export cars will have autonomous aids to improve on EuroNCAP/ANCAP scores. That's a given. MY18 is the car that the s550 should have been straight up, minus maybe the new front which has been reshaped and dropped for pedestrian safety i guess. Again, for ANCAP star ratings. I say this as an objective MY16 owner. The quickest way to lose money on a car is to buy it just before a new model arrives. Mustang is not immune to this, so a good discount is in order at this point. Ford needs to manage this situation carefully, otherwise MY17mustang will be in oversupply soon.
And the information your talking about came from which Ford Australia spec sheet?

All speculation, don't believe a single thing Ford says until you see the vehicle in the flesh. If you were on the forum last year you would know we literally had no idea what was on the car until the first cars showed up.

From the original specs early deposits faced many many changes and revisions of Ford's official spec sheets.

As for split production the s550 platform was standalone for a while before the rhd appeared. In doing so Ford also changed many things for the rhd market.

Tldr; wait until Ford Australia makes an official announcement because speculation is exactly that, speculation
Sponsored