Can we track AU vehicles pre delivery?

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Is there a site where we can enter our VINs and track the movements of our vehicles? I can get the build information, but not current vehicle location.
Excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.
Sponsored

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Is there a site where we can enter our VINs and track the movements of our vehicles? I can get the build information, but not current vehicle location.
Excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.
Hi Ecoboy,
As you know I was trying to put something together myself under the post heading "Confirmation" that would help, but tarabrae under the heading "Order tracking by dealer" came up with something similar somewhat earlier. Aussie Mate saw my post and suggested to tarabrae that my headings should be added to his/her post headings so that they could all be put on the one spreadsheet.
Now this is as close as we can get to a possible delivery date. To know were your car is between build and shipping date, PMing Deysha on a weekly basis is probably the only way to find out that information.
Ian.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
OK thanks. I have put my info into this survey, but it doesn't help me get a delivery date which I need to arrange finance. Finance applications are good for 30 days then you have to start again, so I'm trying to avoid that.
I'm selling a 2010 Murano ST 110Kkm. if anybody is interested. Great family car.
My dealer is trying again later in the week to get me a delivery date, if I hear anything I'll post it.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
OK thanks. I have put my info into this survey, but it doesn't help me get a delivery date which I need to arrange finance. Finance applications are good for 30 days then you have to start again, so I'm trying to avoid that.
I'm selling a 2010 Murano ST 110Kkm. if anybody is interested. Great family car.
My dealer is trying again later in the week to get me a delivery date, if I hear anything I'll post it.
You will ultimately be able to find out the date when the car leaves Ford. Once armed with that information, they then reckon it is 77 days to Australia. You should then be able to organise your finance based on the 77 days or a modified timeframe.
Ian.

OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
77 days? what route are they taking? The Northwest Passage?!
My car was assembled on the 24th of last month and I'm still hopeful for an October delivery, but I've learnt how to be patient!

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
77 days? what route are they taking? The Northwest Passage?!
My car was assembled on the 24th of last month and I'm still hopeful for an October delivery, but I've learnt how to be patient!
Damn were you like the first person to order??

OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
I think there are 200 + cars in the first shipment and I think one of those is mine. Judging by the dealer reaction when I placed my order in March 14, I believe I might have been the first in my (regional) area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I was told that the turnaround time is 58 days from gate release to arrival at a Brisbane metropolitan dealer. Other ports/dealers obviously have different times.

OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
How stupid is it that we're not assembling them here for the local and Asian markets?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
How stupid is it that we're not assembling them here for the local and Asian markets?
Ford's not completely stupid - if it made economic sense, they'd consider it.
I suspect they're testing the market before committing - setting up the facilities for assembling a car that they don't know will sell well is just stupid.

Offshoring production for a high production vehicle that they know is a top seller would be a "good thing (tm)".

Sponsored
OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
I suppose the stupidity I'm referring to is the governments inability to support our industry for these such opportunities. weak dollar included.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

How so? How is it remotely feasible to build them in Australia. Share your business plan :)

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Easy! Just use a whole bunch of taxpayer money to build Mustang's instead of ...

Anyway, let's not hijack the original thread :p

I've been told by my dealer he'll have a date in a couple of weeks (he's gone on holiday for a couple of weeks). So I hope to get in on all this spreadsheeting of dates and such.

OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Its not. We let that opportunity go. European countries hung onto their car industries with tariffs and investment. We just let anything in with no regard to the impact on local industry.

OP
OP
ecoboyboost

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Its far cheaper to build industry with taxpayer money now than pay the consequences of not having any industry later. Its called investment.

Sponsored