Calling Andy Barratt - vignale dealers need to up their game

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
No one sets out to provide bad service (although most mobile phone and broadband operators seem to have a good go) and it's down to individuals to make sure that valued customers are treated as, well, valued customers. And that comes from training and leading by example. Research has shown that in most organisations the service culture comes from the principle of 'monkey see, monkey do', so if managers set a bad example it just filters down through all departments.

Last edited:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I am yet to pick up my car (Xmas time I hope) but I do have to say the service in the sales arena from Warwick Ford has been very good. THe salesman was so into the Mustang and knew every detail / option inside and out. Since the day I walked in for the test drive it has been seamless. OK when I pick it up then no doubt there will be other issues and a completely different set of hoops, but it's only fair that we shout about good stuff not just the bad. I know the guys name is Lucas but checking his business card it has Vignale plastered all over it. Ok if there are issue then no doubt I will deal with service managers etc who could not give a toss, but for now this service beats any other dealer I have been with.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I am yet to pick up my car (Xmas time I hope) but I do have to say the service in the sales arena from Warwick Ford has been very good. THe salesman was so into the Mustang and knew every detail / option inside and out. Since the day I walked in for the test drive it has been seamless. OK when I pick it up then no doubt there will be other issues and a completely different set of hoops, but it's only fair that we shout about good stuff not just the bad. I know the guys name is Lucas but checking his business card it has Vignale plastered all over it. Ok if there are issue then no doubt I will deal with service managers etc who could not give a toss, but for now this service beats any other dealer I have been with.
The cynic in me says I wouldn't worry about his name because he won't be there by Christmas :rant:

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
There is enough bad feedback on here to really worry me if this was my business.

This place should be a glowing advertisement for Ford UK, that Andy et al can refer potential customers too.

We have seen

1. Knowledgeable and influential customers fobbed off
2. Cars delivered incorrectly
3. Cars abused on mechanic test drives

All happens to often for it not to be an endemic problem. I really liked what BMW USA did when faced with the threat from LEXUS. They instituted customer follower up by BMW USA, not the dealer for all customer interactions. Simple call how would you rate your experience out of 5. it was that simple and in the end this simple number is all that mattered. The dealer discounts, priority dealer status and sales bonuses etc all hinged on this score. If they did not hit an average over 4.5 there where penalties, not over 3 and they risked loss of the franchise. if they hit fives they got extra incentives on their personal score. They went the extra to make sure they got fives.

The results - My experience of BMW USA was of exceptional dealer service - i ended up buying two X5s and an M3 in four years from them. 3 years warranty and service included in the price... everything covered except tyres and wiper blades.

It does require change management and that comes from the top. Andy my offer still stands if you want to talk to a few of us to find out what is happening I am happy to arrange a meeting or conference call. As you know if you lose the voice of the customer in all this and you lose the customer and their relatives and their friends and the forum friends and and and...

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There is enough bad feedback on here to really worry me if this was my business.

This place should be a glowing advertisement for Ford UK, that Andy et al can refer potential customers too.

We have seen

1. Knowledgeable and influential customers fobbed off
2. Cars delivered incorrectly
3. Cars abused on mechanic test drives

All happens to often for it not to be an endemic problem. I really liked what BMW USA did when faced with the threat from LEXUS. They instituted customer follower up by BMW USA, not the dealer for all customer interactions. Simple call how would you rate your experience out of 5. it was that simple and in the end this simple number is all that mattered. The dealer discounts, priority dealer status and sales bonuses etc all hinged on this score. If they did not hit an average over 4.5 there where penalties, not over 3 and they risked loss of the franchise. if they hit fives they got extra incentives on their personal score. They went the extra to make sure they got fives.

The results - My experience of BMW USA was of exceptional dealer service - i ended up buying two X5s and an M3 in four years from them. 3 years warranty and service included in the price... everything covered except tyres and wiper blades.

It does require change management and that comes from the top. Andy my offer still stands if you want to talk to a few of us to find out what is happening I am happy to arrange a meeting or conference call. As you know if you lose the voice of the customer in all this and you lose the customer and their relatives and their friends and the forum friends and and and...

I can't speak highly of Ford USA's customer service. I walked up in shorts and a tshirt, with my parts, on holiday, 20 years old, asked to test drive a Mustang before buying one in the UK (Didn't have to - just shut parents up) and the salesman (mike) was amazing, let me test drive one, bearing in mind I'd never driven a car abroad or with a wheel on that side which he knew. So props to him for that I guess :D!
[MENTION=19911]Cati[/MENTION] I have a feeling if this meeting at the heritage goes ahead, we'll be having this meeting face to face with andy or his staff.

Doesn't bode well when I'm telling friends and family this brand new car I just bought is going back for warranty work does it... Looks pretty shit on the brand don't it.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I really liked what BMW USA did when faced with the threat from LEXUS. They instituted customer follower up by BMW USA, not the dealer for all customer interactions. Simple call how would you rate your experience out of 5. it was that simple and in the end this simple number is all that mattered. The dealer discounts, priority dealer status and sales bonuses etc all hinged on this score. If they did not hit an average over 4.5 there where penalties, not over 3 and they risked loss of the franchise. if they hit fives they got extra incentives on their personal score. They went the extra to make sure they got fives.
You mean exactly the same kind of thing that my local Citroen dealer and Citroen UK have been doing for years? Nope - sounds too radical for Ford UK!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I can't speak highly of Ford USA's customer service. I walked up in shorts and a tshirt, with my parts...
:eek: now there's an image...

Agree though. Was in Houston last April having placed my order and visited a dealership to get a look at a car. Despite knowing I was a visitor and never going to be buying from him the salesman was very willing to give up his time. I guess he knew that I was in the US for a reason and may speak to colleagues/friends who might be in the market.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
:eek: now there's an image...

Agree though. Was in Houston last April having placed my order and visited a dealership to get a look at a car. Despite knowing I was a visitor and never going to be buying from him the salesman was very willing to give up his time. I guess he knew that I was in the US for a reason and may speak to colleagues/friends who might be in the market.
Bloody auto correct changed 'Rents' to 'Parts' wtf.

It's quite something, just a random dealer, second I got out my car asked if we needed help - FOrd UK I've been to their store 3 or 4 times before picking up my car, the dealers all seemed to be huddled talking to each other, nobody approached, I had to make the approach. Standing in a closed circle is not a good look for dealers.

Bet Ford are wishing they didn't release the 'Stang here now; not got their run of the mill average joe looking at the car; ended up with a bunch of pedants who are incredibly anal and are picking apart their processes, procedures and working life one by one.... GUess people hate to be shown their flaws.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Bear in mind that we aren't dealing with Ford UK (or even Ford US) but the dealer, and it all depends on how the dealer staff are managed - and bonus'd.

I generally find in the US they have a higher level of "customer service" than in the UK, but there are notable exceptions to that - on both sides of the pond.

I wonder if the dealers that are owned by Ford (I think a while ago someone said they dealt with one of them?) do it differently.

Sponsored

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I have often found that large companies tend to look after their dealers/franchises interests first with customers coming in last,as they see the dealer/ franchise as being the real customer,and us purely being the supplier of the funds.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I was in a dealership in LA during the summer and mentioned I had a UK Mustang. The venerable old salesman must of chatted Mustangs with me for about an hour and let me have a good look at their 350.

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
FOrd UK I've been to their store 3 or 4 times before picking up my car, the dealers all seemed to be huddled talking to each other, nobody approached, I had to make the approach. Standing in a closed circle is not a good look for dealers.
I've been to two dealers on the day that I ordered my Mustang and at both dealers it was the same situation. Salesmen standing about avoiding my gaze:ninja:
No problem, i know what I want and whoever can help me get it, has to sit throught the process. Salesman who helpedme, did not have a clue on how to make the order. Could not load the Mustang configurator on the screen. I used my phone to show the configuration and price. (He does not work there anymore)...

Now I always thought that it was the culture in the UK. When you walk into a store, no matter what type, YOU have to initiate conversation with the sales people. It was quite a shock to me and my wife when we settled in the UK to find that kind of behaviour in the shops/stores etc. Now it does not bother me in the least if no salesperson walks up to me. If I want something, I will walk into their canteen to find someone who can help me.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Now I always thought that it was the culture in the UK. When you walk into a store, no matter what type, YOU have to initiate conversation with the sales people. It was quite a shock to me and my wife when we settled in the UK to find that kind of behaviour in the shops/stores etc. Now it does not bother me in the least if no salesperson walks up to me. If I want something, I will walk into their canteen to find someone who can help me.
Bit wrong, girlfriend walks in a Mid-high end fashion store and she's just been told to initiate and be open with customers. Very odd. Tesco, yeah nobody will ask - but that's different!