2022 Mustang GT
Will be interested to see what the specs are

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Looks like it is expected to have around 850hp.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Maybe I'm jaded about modern cars, but this is just about ludicrous, on-paper bragging rights at this point... right? I mean the thing will be an amazing feat of engineering, I'm sure, but the Z06's limits are already unreachable to most mere humans even on the track, where probably not even 10% of owners will ever go more than once (if at all), and even fewer ZR1 owners will push its limits. Let alone on the street.

... Then again, all of this can be said about most exotic supercars made for the last 15+ years, so maybe the real craziness is that a car like this might now be south of 200 grand.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I'm sure it'll be bad ass. I'm not a big Chevy fan but I've always liked the c6 zr1s and z06s. I'm sure this will be sweet. I wonder how it will compare to the current ford GTs

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Maybe I'm jaded about modern cars, but this is just about ludicrous, on-paper bragging rights at this point... right? I mean the thing will be an amazing feat of engineering, I'm sure, but the Z06's limits are already unreachable to most mere humans even on the track, where probably not even 10% of owners will ever go more than once (if at all), and even fewer ZR1 owners will push its limits. Let alone on the street.

... Then again, all of this can be said about most exotic supercars made for the last 15+ years, so maybe the real craziness is that a car like this might now be south of 200 grand.
I would say even the Ecoboost mustang maximum performance is out of most people's ability to make the car actually work let alone the Mach 1 and Shelby's.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My problem with it is the Corvette was always attainable by the common man. The new Z06 (To a lesser extent), and now ZR-1, are hitting supercar prices. They are no longer Corvettes, which was my argument against a mid engine Corvette in the first place.

Sure, make it, but call it something else.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Performanceā€¦.How much do you need? How much do you want? How much can you use? How much do you actually use. Answer these questions honestly and most people would be driving Priusā€™ šŸ¤­

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
As a wise man once said, "If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it fast, I will. I got spare time."

It'll never matter to me how fast these things are. They are so fucking ugly.

Sponsored

Schuvwj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Roush Supercharged
The main problem I have with the Corvette is I canā€™t get out of the damn thing! Plus it is ugly!

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I just had to check used C7 ZR1 pricesā€¦. There are a few all the way down in the 140s nowā€¦ if this new one drops them to 100k range it maybe the perfect price to snag a used American super car.

Thereā€™s a nasty one at my local trackā€¦ gotta be a 7 second car or close to itā€¦ blower swapped and tuned.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Wonder if it will be able to beat a GT500 with a 3.8L whipple on 93 and some beadlocks on the street. If not, not interested.

I wanted a c8 before the z06 was released. After seeing what the z06 cost fully loaded, and the amount of power they came with, just didn't seem worth it.

Assuming this thing costs over 130K ish for a no option model if it doesn't come from the factory with at least 825, its a bust to me.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wonder if it will be able to beat a GT500 with a 3.8L whipple on 93 and some beadlocks on the street. If not, not interested.

I wanted a c8 before the z06 was released. After seeing what the z06 cost fully loaded, and the amount of power they came with, just didn't seem worth it.

Assuming this thing costs over 130K ish for a no option model if it doesn't come from the factory with at least 825, its a bust to me.
If traction isnā€™t an issue and assuming itā€™s pushing 800+ HP, the ZR1 should beat the 500 you described. Base C8ā€™s beat stock 500ā€™s in the 1/4 mile a majority of the time. Roll race is a different story though.
Sponsored