Buying a GT350 or 24'GT-DH

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I have ZERO SUPERIORITY COMPLEX about my 2019…. You know not of what you speak my friend. Be careful on general insults… they are usually emotionally driven.
I definitely have a superiority complex. 2018 and lower year gt350s are just that... lower... and 2020 gt350...that's for weak men afraid of tramlining .. too weak to hold the steering wheel straight...

And don't get me started on gt350s with no stripes... afraid of flavor...so boring... so boring... ; )
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have ZERO SUPERIORITY COMPLEX about my 2019…. You know not of what you speak my friend. Be careful on general insults… they are usually emotionally driven.
Oh! I get it! They are so VASTLY SUPERIOR that it's not a COMPLEX... :like:

NOTE: Out of respect for the late production Voodoo owners, I went back and revised my earlier post to remove any language they might find offensive. Sorry!

Last edited:

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I definitely have a superiority complex. 2018 and lower year gt350s are just that... lower... and 2020 gt350...that's for weak men afraid of tramlining .. too weak to hold the steering wheel straight...

And don't get me started on gt350s with no stripes... afraid of flavor...so boring... so boring... ; )
Well, I’m taking my ball and going home! (2017 Gen1 Voodoo owner who removed their stripes lol)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How does the ring seal issue in the early engines, and the related oil consumption, relate to the voodoo’s excessive vibrations? Or are those issues unrelated - understanding they will always be correlated but not necessarily the cause? When talking about the many voodoo “engine failures” you have witnessed how many of those are unrelated to excessive oil consumption? When talking about the many voodoo engine failures you have witnessed, how many of those are specifically related to excessive vibration inherent to the voodoo? When you state you have seen many voodoo engines explode, is that literal or figurative - are those all , or mostly, catastrophic engine failures, meaning broken rods and cranks? And finally, if the vibrations are so excessive, wouldn’t we expect the primary failure mode to be broken crankshafts and aerated blocks? This is not something that is a common failure mode in the M6G-based anecdotes.
Great post. The obvious answer is that ring seal issues (the majority of Voodoo "failures") are not related at all to vibration.

The only vibration related engine failure I've even heard of was when an aftermarket balancer was used.

There may be more than one vibration related failure, but I sure haven't heard of many.

It's a little funny to me how anyone who wants to put down the Voodoo usually talks about vibrations. And how few failures appear to have any relationship to vibrations.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It's a little funny to me how anyone who wants to put down the Voodoo usually talks about vibrations. And how few failures appear to have any relationship to vibrations.
It seems to me that a lot of the VooDoo bashers are never VooDoo owners... just an observation.

I love my VooDoo... thanks Ford Performance!

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 all day long.
BTW a GT350R WILL r@pe that DH to the point it'll think it's a hooker at a Shriners convention.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
S650 is the ugliest mustang ever made. It literally gets uglier every time I see it. And I want to like it, typically new models grow on me. This has not in the slightest

I don’t care how many quarts of oil my damn voodoo burns. S550 all the way

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I just watched this YouTube video:

2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse (Manual) - POV First Impressions - YouTube

I can say that after watching the entire video, I do like the flat bottom steering wheel. BUT THAT"S IT.
NOTHING else made me want to invest in this Mustang Abortion..... Wow, what a debacle, what were you thinking Ford?

That dashboard video screen cinematic display thingy is so bad, that even the video really appreciates the "Fox Body" display because it actually looks like something we actually want!

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

I can say that after watching the entire video, I do like the flat bottom steering wheel. BUT THAT"S IT.
NOTHING else made me want to invest in this Mustang Abortion..... Wow, what a debacle, what were you thinking Ford?

That dashboard video screen cinematic display thingy is so bad, that even the video really appreciates the "Fox Body" display because it actually looks like something we actually want!
I agree on all points…I have the same reaction to the C8 Corvette. I would love to have those seats to put in my GT350 and save the stock ones. Recaro in blue would match my stripes, 🤔

Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
It seems to me that a lot of the VooDoo bashers are never VooDoo owners... just an observation.

I love my VooDoo... thanks Ford Performance!
I remember going to a funeral of a co-worker a long time ago. Out of respect for the family. And the eulogies given were of a completely different person. He was not kind, or patient..and the sense of humor was crass. But the family painted a whole different person.

Point being....we tend to protect and defend our own, or what we own.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Agreed. I've been watching videos and trying to like the GT and DH since that sad reveal event where the guy was on stage desperately trying to drum up audience activity. Will have to see one in person but that body style isn't speaking to me, and the forced stripes all over the DH look, well, forced.

I would take a 350 all damn day over an S650.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Some pics of the model I talked, The seller says that if I want to keep the car without fixing those scratches he will discount me 5k €. I’m concern the underbody scratch.
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0002.jpeg

By the way, this lateral alignment is normal? (I looked others and i think it is)
IMG_0001.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Some pics of the model I talked, The seller says that if I want to keep the car without fixing those scratches he will discount me 5k €. I’m concern the underbody scratch.
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0002.jpeg

By the way, this lateral alignment is normal? (I looked others and i think it is)
IMG_0001.jpeg
That panel gap in the last pic isn’t right. Everything else looks fixable IMO. The paint bubbling in the 2nd pic should be repairable/replaced under Ford’s paint warranty which is 8 years I believe.

Skeptic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 white/blue
I purchased an '18 gt350 in April, also considered a mach1 and ran the DH configurator for the heck of it even though the aesthetics are bad... they look like a confused camaro to me.

72k... that's the sticker for a '24 DH configured "similar" to a gt350, maybe some people will pay, or maybe ford discounts them a ton, but imo that's bananas.

Inflation says that car should be more like 55-60k... 72k for mustang gt... that's c8 1LT territory...
Sponsored