Sponsored

Buying a GT... but now I have too many options.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I'm going to trade my EBM in for a GT.. but now I'm at a loss for what to get, and in order to reap some big savings on 2016 models, I'm trying to stick to what is available.

I had a v6 a few years back with the MT82 and it was horrible to say the very least about it.. so I'm not sure if I should take a risk and get the MT82 again, or if I should just get an auto like I had now. Yes.. I can throw money at it to make it better, probably.. but should I actually do this?

Then comes trim level.. Premium or regular? is the leather with heat control, and heated mirrors worth it to you guys? I get these cars to drive fast and have power, and maybe look pretty on the outside.. but I don't think I care about the inside that much. Should I care about the inside??

Special packages like california, performance pack, and black special are out for now given my budget...
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You're better off getting the perf pack than premium pack.

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
The MT82 is much better in the s550 than it was in the 197. Go drive one before you pass judgment.
When I was buying my EBM, I did try one. Right out of the gate the 1-2 shift was absolutely horrible, on a hot summer 70 degree day too. And it whined/had a weird grinding noise while in 2nd and 3rd gears. Same noise/problems I had in the v6 that ford initially declined to warranty. Maybe MT82 ptsd.

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
You're better off getting the perf pack than premium pack.
Yeah the performance pack sounds nice.. but I don't think I'll actually use it to that level. I wont ever race or track the car.

Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
I went with the a6 base...coming from a guy who LOVES banging gears. the last thing i wanted to do was buy a brand new car and have to install a t56 magnum simply so i dont hate driving my car.
the auto rev match feature in sport is pretty awesome, and makes the car way more fun than a std auto. it shifts well, even better when tuned, and is still fun in the twisties, and the paddles (almost) make it like driving a manual.
i didnt go premium because i hate leather, and the added weight wasnt attractive either. everyone that gets in my car compliments my interior, and is surprised when i tell them its a base model.
the biggest downfall is the small infotainment screen, but there are easy fixes for that under $400.

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I went with the a6 base...coming from a guy who LOVES banging gears. the last thing i wanted to do was buy a brand new car and have to install a t56 magnum simply so i dont hate driving my car.
the auto rev match feature in sport is pretty awesome, and makes the car way more fun than a std auto. it shifts well, even better when tuned, and is still fun in the twisties, and the paddles (almost) make it like driving a manual.
i didnt go premium because i hate leather, and the added weight wasnt attractive either. everyone that gets in my car compliments my interior, and is surprised when i tell them its a base model.
the biggest downfall is the small infotainment screen, but there are easy fixes for that under $400.
Yeah and honestly, I could care less about the music stuff. I do play music occasionally but streaming it from my phone is easy enough, I don't need any fancy screens or anything.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yeah the performance pack sounds nice.. but I don't think I'll actually use it to that level. I wont ever race or track the car.
Even just street driving the brakes are so much better. Wheels are better. Radiator is better. Shocks/springs are better. Sway bar better.

Lol @ having to install a T56 to enjoy driving the M6

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm in the same boat. I mean even staying with the base gt would give me upgrades over my current 14 base like better seats, steering wheel, audio, infotainment with maps, track apps, push button start, not to mention the IRS. I really wanted to get an auto too since its improved and the ability of remote start esp. for winter. I do know I like the foundry wheels better and most likely the 3.55 gears, but didn't know the manual was improved like aschafer said. But the more I look at them, I really like the look of the premium with leather, bigger screen, mycolor and really wanted the drive mode option mostly for wet/snow traction. But then again, I've gotten along fine with snow tires and sure the auto would be even better. Just wish I could find a premium with similar discounts as I've found with the base (in the 31k range), but it doesn't look like I will be able to find one that low.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Bought premium for sync 3 and leather seats. If those 2 dont matter to you then stick with the base.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'm in the same boat. I mean even staying with the base gt would give me upgrades over my current 14 base like better seats, steering wheel, audio, infotainment with maps, track apps, push button start, not to mention the IRS. I really wanted to get an auto too since its improved and the ability of remote start esp. for winter. I do know I like the foundry wheels better and most likely the 3.55 gears, but didn't know the manual was improved like aschafer said. But the more I look at them, I really like the look of the premium with leather, bigger screen, mycolor and really wanted the drive mode option mostly for wet/snow traction. But then again, I've gotten along fine with snow tires and sure the auto would be even better. Just wish I could find a premium with similar discounts as I've found with the base (in the 31k range), but it doesn't look like I will be able to find one that low.
The base GT does not have infotainment with maps..... Koons has plenty of GT 400A's for $31-33k.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I went completely base on my 16 GT. THe money I saved I used for mods. Wheels and tires from AM during the St. Patrick's day sale, steeda suspension componets (progressives, bushings, and inserts), leather takeoffs, and I had an 11-14 Borla exhaust that I had welded in with an H pipe. Sounds mean and zero drone. I did all the work myself in the garage. All in is less than $2k and the car looks way meaner than specialty mustang available minus a Roush or GT350.

140.photobucket.com/user/jeffmiller32/media/6D455DF6-CBC5-430F-BFE6-528ECCA130A2_zpseoszqxgm.jpg.html]
[/URL]

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
GT Premium with Performance Pack or nothing at all....

honestly it's such a better car with the bells and whistles.

I know some are just like "meh, get the base car with recaros and nothing else" but..

c'mon you're going to buy this car, you're going to spend a lot of time in it, you're gonna be working hard for it. get the best you can with your money. honestly.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I went completely base on my 16 GT. THe money I saved I used for mods. Wheels and tires from AM during the St. Patrick's day sale, steeda suspension componets (progressives, bushings, and inserts), leather takeoffs, and I had an 11-14 Borla exhaust that I had welded in with an H pipe. Sounds mean and zero drone. I did all the work myself in the garage. All in is less than $2k and the car looks way meaner than specialty mustang available minus a Roush or GT350.

140.photobucket.com/user/jeffmiller32/media/6D455DF6-CBC5-430F-BFE6-528ECCA130A2_zpseoszqxgm.jpg.html]
[/URL]
unless you swapped seats or had them recovered you dont have a base GT

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Leather takeoff swap. Cost about $500 from eBay. I did the swap myself in the garage.
Sponsored