Sponsored

Buyer's Remorse..?

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
So just recently picked up a stang... v6 m/t with the optional 051a package...
After 1k miles, and about a month of driving.... Its just not doing it for me.

Now even though I knew how to drive manual before, this is MY first manual car.. I upgraded from a 2012 altima 4 cylinder with an auto... so a step up in power big time.
SO my question is...
Is it just the v6 with not enough power that isn't making me happy?
Should I have gotten the auto?

OR is mustang just not for me?
(Yes i owned a 1989 fox 5.0 which i LOVED but an auto)

Please any feedback, comments, anything really...
I know im going to take a 4 to 5k hit on returning it. :(
Sponsored

Death_Eagle_571

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Hmm, what exactly about it don't you like? Acceleration, grip, braking, shifting etc or is it more like the design or interior?

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Idk cause I love mine. The v6 should have plenty of power. So I would guess the auto would be better for you. I was a die hard manual guy.i made my wife learn in 02 buying a wrx cause i refused to buy it in a dog auto...fast forward to now and I chose the auto. With The new auto's you don't lose much if any performance and my last couple have had paddle shifters which i find fun on backroads. I recently drove a stick for a week to see before i decided for good ,well i hated it. It was fun at first but once I hit traffic it was to much work and not enjoyable at all. I like to just go and not think about it. Much more relaxing.Then I can change modes and wring it out.win win IMO. I'd try selling it before trading it back.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Really kind of a strange post TBH.

It's a big step up in power from your Altima yet you're asking why it is underpowered. Then you ask if an auto would make you like it better. Not sure what that has to do with the power ?

I really can't imagine anyone whose last Mustang was a 89 Fox being disappointed with any Mustang from 2005 forward.

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the design, I catch myself walking outside just to gaze at it.
Interior likewise.

I just dread having to drive it, worry about hitting traffic, performance is a let down I expected more, even though it's not the coyote. Also to add in, clutch engagement is very high. I just don't get that new car feel. I've even thought about starting to drive my Altima sometimes to work.

Sponsored

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Interior likewise.

I just dread having to drive it, worry about hitting traffic, performance is a let down I expected more, even though it's not the coyote. Also to add in, clutch engagement is very high. I just don't get that new car feel. I've even thought about starting to drive my Altima sometimes to work.
Give it time. You'll get used to driving it and it'll be second nature, you won't dread driving the MT after a while. While v6 isn't top dog in the power aspect, it's sure as hell still fun. I promise you'll love it soon, get out there and drive it.

Runner12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550
It sounds like you just don't like traffic+manual to me.

In what way is performance a let down? Acceleration? Handling?

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give it time. You'll get used to driving it and it'll be second nature, you won't dread driving the MT after a while. While v6 isn't top dog in the power aspect, it's sure as hell still fun. I promise you'll love it soon, get out there and drive it.
Driving MT is no problem. I have it down and no hiccups. It's still so much of a hassle, this might be just because I live in CA where traffic is almost anywhere. The only thing I'm thinking is if maybe an auto will be better for me? I don't know how fords new autos are for performance.

I like the "just go". Being able to just get on the gas and go, but even with the Stang I was hoping for that huge smile on my face but it never once happened. Not yet. Even waited for the break in period.. Have taken it up to GMR canyon, a couple back roads, dumping the clutch , pulling through gears, and still nothing.
Everyone seems to love their new Stang, so maybe it's just me.:shrug:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Interior likewise.

Well there is a reason they are pushing the EB and they also almost didn't even come out with the V6.

The low end torque/fun factor belongs to the EB. That's why hands down people have said the EB is much more fun to drive as a DD because of that exact reason. There are plenty of reviews that gave the EB many props for being a great 'fun' car if you don't need/want the GT. And when you add in the tune, people say the EB really comes alive.
Yep see if that does it for you. Might improve the experience.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Driving MT is no problem. I have it down and no hiccups. It's still so much of a hassle, this might be just because I live in CA where traffic is almost anywhere. The only thing I'm thinking is if maybe an auto will be better for me? I don't know how fords new autos are for performance.

I like the "just go". Being able to just get on the gas and go, but even with the Stang I was hoping for that huge smile on my face but it never once happened. Not yet. Even waited for the break in period.. Have taken it up to GMR canyon, a couple back roads, dumping the clutch , pulling through gears, and still nothing.
Everyone seems to love their new Stang, so maybe it's just me.:shrug:
OK I have to play devil's advocate here. Please tell me you just didn't go and buy the V6 without test driving the EB or GT? :shrug:

I can tell you after I went to the dealer, I drove all 3 and the V6 just didn't have the low end torque to put a smile on my face like the EB or GT had. But they are both different breeds of car. The EB is that Audi A5 type and the GT is your American Muscle.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
performance is a let down I expected more,

That's something that you say right after a test drive, not after a damn purchase. This motor is a monster compared to the 2.5 in that Altima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I have to play devil's advocate here. Please tell me you just didn't go and buy the V6 without test driving the EB or GT? :shrug:
I drove the EB, I just couldn't get myself to buy a turbo 4 plus I do want a NA motor since I plan on keeping it for it's entire span.
Haven't drove a GT with a M/T..

PRG- sorry don't know how to quote multiple....
At the time it was an excitement buy, I think.
I really am trying to fall in love with the vehicle. It just hasn't happened yet.
The thing is after my 89' I stopped looking into mustangs or sport cars really.. I heard huge hype about the 3.7, has more horse and tq then my fox 5.0 which is incredible. It just has begun to turn into a regular car to me now.

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Strange post indeed...

Sounds like you need to practice driving manual more in traffic. I personally find it more entertaining to deal with even in traffic because driving an automatic feels like a go kart to me. But that's just me.

I live in SoCal too, and deal with heavy traffic in LA everyday on my commute. I won't And don't want to be going back to automatic anytime soon...

Enjoy your car and learn to love it for what it is. You have a great vehicle, and best of all its manual. :)

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I will just have to give it more time.
Sponsored