Butt hurt 15-17 owners come on in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I'm glad Ford has improved the Mustang 5.0 keeping the legend alive and well!

I would be "butt hurt" if Ford went backwards....like the days of the Gen 1 Mustang to Gen 2. Read up on performance specs of the Mustang II....Sad. Different time, I realize but still. I'm glad Ford is moving forward, improving the pony.

This tread title reeks of being caught up in the trap of materialism.

Excerpt from: http://learninginthegripofgrace.com/archives/1299

"Materialism is a process of coveting, overspending, and debt. Some sociologists call this “competitive consumption,” which forces average people to work harder, spend less time with those they love, and live more miserably enslaved to debt in an ongoing effort to prop up some false sense of identity and personal value.
Products are not simply valued for their usefulness but rather play a central role in the cultivation and maintenance of our identity. This is a powerful explanation for why consumer goods are so much more than objects we use; they are things for which we will fight for. The point is that in today’s consumer culture, our goods are carriers of meaning.
They define us, send social signals to others, and construct our identities.
Subsequently, wearing non-designer clothes, driving an old car, and using anything but the latest technology (aka 2018 Mustang GT...) somehow devalues us as human beings. Put bluntly, when consumerism is your religion and stuff the object of your worship, “the things you own end up owning you,” to quote Tyler Durden from the movie Fight Club(1999)."
Sponsored

Last edited:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Uh, first rule of fight club?

Thank goodness for nice things!

It’s only a problem if you can’t afford it. (Remember 2008?)

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
[ame]

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
oh I'm shocked, the giant man child that hated the car before it came out continues to hate on it after it comes out. he does speak to a lot of truths, but his bias and cynicism make me disregard it.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
oh I'm shocked, the giant man child that hated the car before it came out continues to hate on it after it comes out. he does speak to a lot of truths, but his bias and cynicism make me disregard it.
Dang do you own a Camaro? He never said one negative thing about the 18.
He has no dog in this fight, he owns an 11-12 that is way quicker than a stock 2018.
All he said was the tuning and aftermarket was going to be delayed for the 18.

Sponsored

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Dang do you own a Camaro? He never said one negative thing about the 18.
He has no dog in this fight, he owns an 11-12 that is way quicker than a stock 2018.
All he said was the tuning and aftermarket was going to be delayed for the 18.
he's literally calling people "retarded" in his video, for wanting the 18. he continues to make bold assumptions that everyone is rolling over multiple car loans to get into it, simply to be the 'first' person to have it and that it's not really any different. his proposition has been the same pre release and post launch, he likes what he knows and what he knows is more affordable, that's fine..

his mentality is as childish as the nature of what started this entire thread, however.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
15-17 cars are awesome, i wanted one back in 2013 but couldn't wait so I went with a 2012. I should've waited honestly the tech and performance in the s550 is not to compare to my 2012 base 5.0.

I sold mine earlier this year and planning to get a 2018 5.0 but if i was a current 15-17 owner i wouldn't trade it in for the 2018.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going from a 2013 V6 Premium to a 2018 GT Premium PP and I'm honestly so excited for January to get here. So I can get my car and give it the loving it needs!! And I don't care what other people say about it!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I'm going from a 2013 V6 Premium to a 2018 GT Premium PP and I'm honestly so excited for January to get here. So I can get my car and give it the loving it needs!! And I don't care what other people say about it!
Getting a new car is always super exciting! Especially going from the v6 to v8.

The 18s are nice and a huge improvement no matter what people wanna say or believe.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I've been dreaming about a Mustang convertible, preferably the GT but not wedded to that, ever since the 2015 models came out. I was aiming for a 2017 last spring but had a death in the family and that put things off for a while. Then I was aiming for a 2018 next year sometime but came across a very clean 2016 GT convertible with only 6600 miles on it and it had "all" the option packages I wanted plus a couple. It's the first Mustang I've seen with this option combo. I picked it up for a cool $14,000 less than what a 2017 would have cost, let alone a 2018 and I'm happy as a clam. Butt hurt? Not at all! :thumbsup: :)

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've been dreaming about a Mustang convertible, preferably the GT but not wedded to that, ever since the 2015 models came out. I was aiming for a 2017 last spring but had a death in the family and that put things off for a while. Then I was aiming for a 2018 next year sometime but came across a very clean 2016 GT convertible with only 6600 miles on it and it had "all" the option packages I wanted plus a couple. It's the first Mustang I've seen with this option combo. I picked it up for a cool $14,000 less than what a 2017 would have cost, let alone a 2018 and I'm happy as a clam. Butt hurt? Not at all! :thumbsup: :)
Helluva deal! Congrats!:cheers:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
10spd automatic.. Don't like autos & could't care less about the 10th faster ET.
More horse? Pft... Diablomatt took care of that for me :)
Butt hurt? Hellz no! Love my '17!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I'm hoping the rumors of a 7.0 for the next generation are true. Otherwise, I'm planning on sticking with my '16 until the wheels fall off.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Patches

My 16 auto is plenty fast, and I run the twisty's. Drag is just light to light challenges I sometimes enjoy. The wheels & tires matter. I just bought a pair of Bridgestone pole positions and they grip in the twisty's but not so great on a pull. Butt hurt? Nope, I realize tech advances, just too quickly sometimes.
tn_20171201_1419151.jpg

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
No butt-hurt creme needed for me.

I just flew to Michigan to pick up a 2016 GT Premium with less than 1.5K on the clock for $24K. I'll take the $15k-$20K I saved by not buying NEW, and put a VMP Supercharger on it, some Steeda suspension goodies, and GT350 brakes front/rear and have spent WAY less than what people are paying for a new 2018 GT.

And the 2018 GT buyers will yell, "...my car put down 420hp on the dyno..." as I wave good-bye to them in my rearview mirror.

Yes, the 2018 model shows some nice improvements, but there is no 'effing way I'd pay at or OVER $50K for a 2018 Mustang GT which is exactly what a lot of people are doing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.