Sponsored

Build Week - 09/28/15

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
Rip the damn screw out of another car on the lot. I still don't understand why dealers couldn't swap belts from another car if it was just the pretensioners.

I have told myself if Ford can't deliver the car to me before January, I am done. I will just go pay cash for a daily driver and be done with my Mustang dreams.... Hopefully since parts are actuallyo order this won't be a problem, but I have little faith and won't until I am driving off the lot.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
To be fair, he did mention that, since it's a safety recall, they can't take parts from other cars. They have to be brand-spanking new. But... It's still a bullshit situation all around. There was absolutely no need to wait until December to be able to request these parts.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Nice to see the ball is finally rolling for you guys! Almost there!

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
A week after the clutch repair the Mustang decided to randomly misfire. They are thinking of replacing the coils, but want them to do a "Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction procedure" to hopefully fix it w/o engine work. Build delay/paint flaws/car sold with safety recall/clutch repair/misfires I love this Mustang!!!!

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Sweet Jesus [MENTION=17925]Digope[/MENTION], that is ridiculous!!!

For you others out there make sure you check the tire pressure. When I picked mine up the tires had 42 psi in them.... should come from the factory with 32.

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Sweet Jesus [MENTION=17925]Digope[/MENTION], that is ridiculous!!!

For you others out there make sure you check the tire pressure. When I picked mine up the tires had 42 psi in them.... should come from the factory with 32.
Ford built tough and yeah my tires also were at 40 psi from factory. Hopefully the over inflation didn't ruin the tires.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right, so my dealer called me. Told me he got the parts list and ordered all the ones that are in stock. Good news is that they can order all the parts from a nearby facility that has parts on hand and usually ships to the dealer in 1-2 days. Bad news is that the facility they order from has one part on back-order... I'm currently being held back by a screw. One screw. This is perfect.
[MENTION=18003]SeanR[/MENTION] have you heard anymore from your dealer in the status? I am still trying to get a parts list and delivery estimate and repair procedure to know exactly what will be done.

TurboGlen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glen
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium MT PP - Adam Tune, FFTEC IC, MMR CIA
Just got word from my dealer saying they have the parts on order and that they think it will be ready early next week. Lets hope this is the end of everyone's wait.

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=18003]SeanR[/MENTION] have you heard anymore from your dealer in the status? I am still trying to get a parts list and delivery estimate and repair procedure to know exactly what will be done.

Basically what TurboGlen said. Should be fixed early next week. Maybe Tuesday/Wednesday. They got the screw on order. Your guys' parts should be ordered soon. If your dealer hasn't already made moves on ordering the parts, I would specifically ask about the parts list and whether they can order. Chances are they're just neglecting you and the fix is available.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Mine's now made its way to Baltimore and ships out Dec 11. Due here in Auckland Jan 5 and recall notice hasn't reappeared yet either
Here's hoping!

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the pretensioners for the recall is on backorder for me according to my dealer....

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the full parts list now, the only part backordered is FR3Z*76611B08*AB. Which is a pretensioner.

Anyone else have any detail?

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
I have the full parts list now, the only part backordered is FR3Z*76611B08*AB. Which is a pretensioner.

That's bull that it is backordered....an entire new car can get to you faster than a pretensioner. :tsk:

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)

Ugh, that sucks, man. Far as I can tell, it's just based on what the nearest regional factory has on stock. Tell your salesman to check every day. Still astounded that they waited until December to tell us what the parts were, yet they didn't think to stock up the factories before we ordered.
Sponsored