Sponsored

Build Week - 09/28/15

passmog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
A week after the clutch repair the Mustang decided to randomly misfire. They are thinking of replacing the coils, but want them to do a "Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction procedure" to hopefully fix it w/o engine work. Build delay/paint flaws/car sold with safety recall/clutch repair/misfires I love this Mustang!!!!
You're making me nervous about taking delivery of the Mustang. My Lincoln has had an ongoing problem with this since it was brand new. Unfortunately it wasn't a one time fix. Now, I know that the rainy season hits I'll need to be changing at least one of the coils on the LS. It's a super cheap fix if you DIY, but it's super aggravating that it's due to a design or build flaw.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
No need to worry about build quality, guys. It was a messed up shipment that presumably took damage in transit. They didn't realize the extent of the damage until too late. I'm not defending Ford, but the integrity of the car has in no way been diminished. Besides, most of the parts are made elsewhere and installed at the factory.

I will hopefully get my car by Wednesday. I have a scheduled tint job on Thursday to tint everything except the headlights. I'll still be blacking out the amber corners though. We shall see if I can make that appointment. I'll let you guys know what's up with the fix too.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
No need to worry about build quality, guys. It was a messed up shipment that presumably took damage in transit. They didn't realize the extent of the damage until too late. I'm not defending Ford, but the integrity of the car has in no way been diminished. Besides, most of the parts are made elsewhere and installed at the factory.

I will hopefully get my car by Wednesday. I have a scheduled tint job on Thursday to tint everything except the headlights. I'll still be blacking out the amber corners though. We shall see if I can make that appointment. I'll let you guys know what's up with the fix too.
Has your dealer given you an indication that the car will be ready?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Parts came in today. Too late to install today, but they'll hopefully get it done tomorrow. We shall see. Regardless, I'll be able to get the tint done on Thursday. Won't post any pics until that's done since nothing changed except my exhaust.

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Went today to get the the random misfire between 3k-4k at times fixed. I told them to do the "misfire procedure" because random misfires occur with a clutch repair. He made it sound like it was 100% a coil issue, whatever. I go to pick up my car before the paint flaw repair appointment at 2:30. The car isn't ready and they try to make me confess that I had a tune installed. I kept my cool and told them I haven't had any tune installed and that the only mods are leds and cat back exhaust. What the hell are they thinking? They said that something wasn't calibrated right, but mechanically everything is alright. Fix my damn car! I shouldn't be having problems on a brand new freakin car. I was also charged for the clutch repair and haven't heard about their ford reimbursement. I contacted Deysha to get that checked out. I'm starting to realize why everyone hates this dealer.

Sponsored

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Calls me one hour later and tells me he performed the "misfire procedure" and it fixed it. That's what I have been telling you since Friday!?!?1?1? He told me that it wouldnt let him before. Why did he try to make me say I had a tune on it?

Last edited:

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calls me one hour later and tells me he performed the "misfire procedure" and it fixed it. That's what I have been telling you since Friday!?!?1?1? He told me that it wouldnt let him before. Why did he try to make me say I had a tune on it?
Why did you go back to the same dealer that screwed you on the clutch?

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Why did you go back to the same dealer that screwed you on the clutch?

I don't know if they screwed me just yet. They told me a warranty claim was made so now I am waiting for reimbursement. It also the nearest Ford dealer for 40-60mins.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Went today to get the the random misfire between 3k-4k at times fixed. I told them to do the "misfire procedure" because random misfires occur with a clutch repair. He made it sound like it was 100% a coil issue, whatever. I go to pick up my car before the paint flaw repair appointment at 2:30. The car isn't ready and they try to make me confess that I had a tune installed. I kept my cool and told them I haven't had any tune installed and that the only mods are leds and cat back exhaust. What the hell are they thinking? They said that something wasn't calibrated right, but mechanically everything is alright. Fix my damn car! I shouldn't be having problems on a brand new freakin car. I was also charged for the clutch repair and haven't heard about their ford reimbursement. I contacted Deysha to get that checked out. I'm starting to realize why everyone hates this dealer.
Thanks for the PM, Digope. I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Deysha

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Parts came in today. Too late to install today, but they'll hopefully get it done tomorrow. We shall see. Regardless, I'll be able to get the tint done on Thursday. Won't post any pics until that's done since nothing changed except my exhaust.
Any word on your car Sean?

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Thought you might like this... Here is my GT that I've had for about a month.... and the one I ordered a long time ago...still sitting in the dealers lot. Still not fixed. What a shame.

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Any word on your car Sean?
They were shooting for tonight, but it looks like it's going to be tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess they have all my parts and are going to start working on it tomorrow morning...

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Good luck guys!