Sponsored

Build Week - 09/28/15

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walked away from the $100 deposit I left. I figured we'd call it even since my dealer gave me a loaner car for a month.
That was actually a pretty good deal :lol: But some people do walk away from hundreds and some from thousands of dollars in deposit just because the dealer says so and they don't fight. I never understood the concept of giving away money. I mean, I am all in in supporting a charity but that I know Ford does not have a charitable/non-profit exemption.

Congrats on you car. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
Been there. Just as advice I would say just forget about it until your car gets delivered. Its like you can't help it and you get OCD...lol. But yeah, time is money and dealing with Ford you lose.

Ford seriously lacks on the customer service department. They really have a flawed communication system.
I couldn't disagree with you more. Ford does not have a flawed communication system....THEY SIMPLY DON'T HAVE A SYSTEM, THEY DON'T COMMUNICATE AT ALL!!! Grrrr....

I think that Ford intentionally mislead us and possibly the dealers through this situation in order to prevent us from either ditching Ford or buying a car off of a lot and leaving the special order cars in dealers hands for them to complain to Ford.

I am seriously concerned that Ford is continuing to mislead us. Think about this. There were 3 days worth of production with "parts damaged in shipment from a vendor". They have now been in production with good parts for 8 weeks and we are supposed to believe that they are still "working on the fix". I believe that the problem is deeper than parts damaged in shipment. I believe that the issue is with the anchor points which are welded to the chassis. I believe that Ford is working on a fix and are having to do testing to figure out if it meets the requirements. This means that our "fix" may involve tearing the interior out of the car, cutting off anchor points and potentially welding in new ones. I don't trust a dealer for this work and will not accept a "fixed" car if I am correct.

If it were truly just damaged seat belts in shipment, Ford could have easily had replacement parts shipped to the dealers and the cars fixed long ago. I think we still have a long road ahead to get the cars we ordered.

[MENTION=18003]SeanR[/MENTION] I see no way for you to get your ordered car by the end of this week. Even what Ford published was that the recall "fix" procedure was going to be released this week, but the parts to complete the work were not going to be available until the week of December 14th.

My dealer, who may be getting reimbursed by Ford, is paying for my rental car until the car is ready. I am just riding it out for now, I really would like to get my car, but I am not going to do it at any cost. If Ford can't deliver by New Years I am out and will never purchase another Ford product. The whole situation is really disappointing, I feel deceived and downright lied to by Ford. My loyalty to the brand is gone, I am only waiting to see how this finally plays out.

Andy

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
You're breaking my heart, man. A small piece of me knows you're right. I just hope you're wrong.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're breaking my heart, man. A small piece of me knows you're right. I just hope you're wrong.
Sorry, I hope I am wrong too..... But my hope and faith inn Ford has been defeated. I barely even want the car anymore. The process has been so painful, I will forever see the car as a pain in the ass rather than a fun toy.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Deysha, Any updates on when the recall fix is going to be announced? It is supposed to be this week, however Ford seems to be as tight lipped as ever.

Should we be expecting Ford to meet their commitments or are these cars going to keep free falling behind scheduled?

Sponsored

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure Ford doesn't feel any "commitment" to us at all unfortunately. I wish everyone at Ford was as hardworking as Deysha.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure Ford doesn't feel any "commitment" to us at all unfortunately. I wish everyone at Ford was as hardworking as Deysha.
The commitment is to the NHTSA, the dates were supplied to them since it is a safety recall...maybe Ford cares about keeping a government agency happy. They certainly could not possibly care less about the government than they do us...

This week a regional rep called me on my "open case" they proceeded to tell me that since my car was delivered to the dealer they couldn't help anyone and that they were closing my case. When I challenged her on not closing it because I, the customer, could not take delivery, she said that there was nothing she could do, was closing the case and then hung up on me....
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Deysha needs to train other Ford "Customer Service" people how to treat customers....

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
You're absolutely right. I just think they can satisfy safety regulations and keep us informed at the same time. It's the lack of information that throttles me. It costs them nothing to just give us a realistic date.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a call from my dealer saying the parts for the recall on the car were ordered this morning as soon as they were available. Be said it was just the pretensioners, but didn't have more detail than that.

I asked to get more detail and will share if I get anything.

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Any idea on the ETA of parts? Like they're being overnighted, two day shipping, etc? It would be so nice if they got in by Monday for us peasants. Cheers though. Glad you got your parts ordered.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got mine, everything was perfect. http://i.imgur.com/NYNPOaL.jpg
Woo hoo! Congrats, Heardcuh! She’s a beauty.

My car is at the dealer, picking her up tonight!
:clap2:
Congrats and enjoy, dB Stang!!

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Deysha, Any updates on when the recall fix is going to be announced? It is supposed to be this week, however Ford seems to be as tight lipped as ever.

Should we be expecting Ford to meet their commitments or are these cars going to keep free falling behind scheduled?
Nothing yet, Ozzmosis86. As soon as something comes up your dealer will be notified, then your letters should go out.

Thank you for the kind words, SeanR!

Deysha

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea on the ETA of parts? Like they're being overnighted, two day shipping, etc? It would be so nice if they got in by Monday for us peasants. Cheers though. Glad you got your parts ordered.
No ETA yet, just that they are on order.

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
All right, so my dealer called me. Told me he got the parts list and ordered all the ones that are in stock. Good news is that they can order all the parts from a nearby facility that has parts on hand and usually ships to the dealer in 1-2 days. Bad news is that the facility they order from has one part on back-order... I'm currently being held back by a screw. One screw. This is perfect.

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right, so my dealer called me. Told me he got the parts list and ordered all the ones that are in stock. Good news is that they can order all the parts from a nearby facility that has parts on hand and usually ships to the dealer in 1-2 days. Bad news is that the facility they order from has one part on back-order... I'm currently being held back by a screw. One screw. This is perfect.
Tell your dealer to go to Home Depot. JK. Almost man, almost.

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Ha right? I was like how unique is this screws that you can't just get one from a hardware store. Whatever. I told them to commit fraud if they have to (just kidding Deysha) so that I can get this car.
Sponsored